Anti-gun protest at Starbucks on Valentine's Day

Be careful just who you support. And for God's sake don't be caught paying for your coffee with a $2 bill.

I'm not advocating a protest of the business for their beliefs but you will not find me giving money to someone for something I don't want because of their "openness" to other communities as well. You can't be friends to everyone.

Starbucks Same-Sex Marriage Support of the Day - The Daily What

Hmm.... It's great for Starbucks to respect rights that we believe in, but not for them to respect the rights of other groups as well. Isn't that just the American way?

Be careful just who you support. And for God's sake don't be caught paying for your coffee with a $2 bill.

I'm not advocating a protest of the business for their beliefs but you will not find me giving money to someone for something I don't want because of their "openness" to other communities as well. You can't be friends to everyone.

http://thedailywh.at/2012/01/25/starbucks-same-sex-marriage-support-of-the-day/

And what's so wrong with using a $2 bill?

No, the people who have a problem with it are the bed wetting activist types who have nothing better to do than wage massive letter-writing campaigns, pester their equally liberal elected representatives, and generally make life miserable for the minority of gun owners who care about the right to carry. You do realize that the majority of people who own firearms don't have a handgun carry permit or even care an iota about carry, right? TGO's membership is an anomaly just like most Internet forums because here members care about it.

I believe it's well within your right to carry openly and I think it's great that you have the choice to do so. I'm opposed to anyone taking choices and therefore freedoms away from the American people. But I also believe that it is pretty obvious that a person should use a little discernment when making a choice and that open carry has so many disadvantages that it's really not worth it.

If you're trying to make a "We shall not go silently into the night!" sort of political statement with your sidearm, refusing to conceal it just because you don't have to, more power to you. That's your right. Just don't expect me to be excited about it. That's my prerogative and my choice.

People OC around here all the time. I'm unaware of any uproar or letter writing campaigns going on here. It's the south and it's legal. If they don't like it,they can move back up north. I'm a Yankee and I love it. I'm staying!

I don't understand why some of the OCers are getting all butthurt just because not everyone thinks OCing is a good idea. No one is trying to take the right away from you, there are just some who have different opinions about it. Geez.

We're just tired of hearing about it. It's legal and becoming more common. If folks don't agree with it,they don't have to do it.

Starbucks Same-Sex Marriage Support of the Day - The Daily What

Admittedly I (personally) find the idea repugnant, but really, what frickin' business is it of mine (or anyone else's) what another person likes to rub on. If they wanna get hitched, more power to them. Funny, there's less disease spread by two monogamous ______'s than the heterosexual whores (men & women) that saturate any given downtown bar. No one has to answer for another on judgment day so leave them be and let them get their friggin' tax break.

Maybe you can't be friends with everyone, BUT, everyone could peacefully live out their life if everyone could just mind their own business. Societies problem #1: Always trying to stick a nose where it's not needed or wanted.

Hmm.... It's great for Starbucks to respect rights that we believe in, but not for them to respect the rights of other groups as well. Isn't that just the American way?

Yes - it is the American way. I get to make my own decisions the same as you. When a business or individual decides to support a cause that I agree with I will back them up. When they chose to support a cause I don't agree I will stand against them. In this case, Starbucks has chosen to support a cause I'm passionate about and one I just cannot back. So my convictions are split. Given the scenario I will not be visiting Starbucks to purchase their products based upon the single fact that they allowed handgun carry in their stores. That's my own personnel decision that the freedoms in America gave me the right to make.

Admittedly I (personally) find the idea repugnant, but really, what frickin' business is it of mine (or anyone else's) what another person likes to rub on. If they wanna get hitched, more power to them. Funny, there's less disease spread by two monogamous ______'s than the heterosexual whores (men & women) that saturate any given downtown bar. No one has to answer for another on judgment day so leave them be and let them get their friggin' tax break.

There's a bit going on with your comment here so I'll take it in parts per the sentences.

1. I agree 100% it is not my business who or what someone prefers to "rub on" in the the privacy of their own home. But I sure and heck don't have to support them when they bring it to the public forum and politicize their rights to sexual partners. I will fight to the death their right to choose but I don't have to agree with the choice made for sure.

2. If you're going to base support on a marriage clause for others based upon the amount of disease they generate then let that be your stance. But this subject extends beyond the disease and health aspects of those individuals and their lifestyle. I for one do not want to see the rights extended to them as it reflects upon the moral fabric of the city, state and country I live in. I'm not going to always agree with the majority and may majority rule this nation but my opinion matters as much as the next and I have the right to express it. Note in my original post I did not make a call to action for anyone else to join me. Instead I said "Be careful who you support" which allows others to make their own decision.

3. You're correct - I will not have to answer for anyone else on judgement day and will be responsible solely for my own actions. But if my actions directly correlate to supporting and encouraging those that do against what I interpret to be the will of the God that will judge me, does that responsibility not fall upon my head? Forgiveness is one thing should a man or woman make a decision in life that are against those values and morals my God provides me that I will extend openly when and if that individual is able to admit fault and ask for it. But those that continue the actions without regard, maybe because their beliefs are not the same as mine, will not receive such forgiveness, pity, support or accolades from me. We live in a nation of religious freedom and everyone has their right to believe what they want to believe, that I do not hold against anyone, but I sure as heck don't have to compromise my faith in order to make everyone feel more comfortable about the situation.

Again, I only meant to bring this story of the recent decision of Starbucks to join the fight for gay marriage rights to the attention of those parading around this thread saying how great the company and regardless how much they hated their coffee they would buy some to support what they stood for in our country. I don't intend to sway away anyone's support by suggesting that they are wrong in supporting the causes of Starbucks but allow them to make their own decision. If we're truly free I'm due my own opinion as well. Why not let me have it without criticism and insinuating that I'm wrong for my beliefs?

Guest NYCrulesU
People OC around here all the time. I'm unaware of any uproar or letter writing campaigns going on here. It's the south and it's legal. If they don't like it,they can move back up north. I'm a Yankee and I love it. I'm staying!

Amen!

Guest NYCrulesU

Ahh, the discussion of gay marriage always winds up involving the root of all evil....Religion. You thought it was money right? lol Money hasn't killed 1/100th of a % that religion has.

2. If you're going to base support on a marriage clause for others based upon the amount of disease they generate then let that be your stance. But this subject extends beyond the disease and health aspects of those individuals and their lifestyle. I for one do not want to see the rights extended to them as it reflects upon the moral fabric of the city, state and country I live in. I'm not going to always agree with the majority and may majority rule this nation but my opinion matters as much as the next and I have the right to express it. Note in my original post I did not make a call to action for anyone else to join me. Instead I said "Be careful who you support" which allows others to make their own decision.

The moral fabric of this country is woven with the rotten threads of hypocrisy, lies, & deceit. It's been woven by back stabbing, manipulative heathens and to think it only just started is as naive as it is stupid.

"be careful who you support" That's wise council actually. Today's ally, tomorrows enemy.

I hate these kinda threads, I get worked up and almost convince myself that I give a :). When in fact, I really don't. I used to, but now, matters are too far gone to care.

Guest NYCrulesU

I hate these kinda threads, I get worked up and almost convince myself that I give a :). When in fact, I really don't. I used to, but now, matters are too far gone to care.

I agree 1000% Probably the one single quote on this entire forum that I have agreed with the most.

I haven't heard of this "boycott" pretty much anywhere, but here. And the link given is a p.r. firm, not a news source. I have seen zero news coverage of this.

That said, I am not a Starbucks fan. Burnt coffee is not worth $7.50. IMHO coffee should be inexpensive, and not taste charred.

I like their stance on self defense. I do not like their product. If I think about it, I might drop in, and see if anything they sell is of interest, and not hugely overpriced.

I haven't heard of this "boycott" pretty much anywhere, but here. And the link given is a p.r. firm, not a news source. I have seen zero news coverage of this.

That said, I am not a Starbucks fan. Burnt coffee is not worth $7.50. IMHO coffee should be inexpensive, and not taste charred.

I like their stance on self defense. I do not like their product. If I think about it, I might drop in, and see if anything they sell is of interest, and not hugely overpriced.

They have a couple good new breakfast sandwiches. I like the bacon, egg, and Gouda. Also for those that don't like their coffee, Chai Tea Latte is good. Kind of a milky, sweet spiced tea. Really doesn't tast like tea at all, but still good

Guest TNcumminsGUY

BUT, everyone could peacefully live out their life if everyone could just mind their own business. Societies problem #1: Always trying to stick a nose where it's not needed or wanted.

x2

Not sure If I'll be OC or cc. I've noticed around Nashville (city)not a ton of people OC. At my old work ( tourists) were upset because a clean cut military looking guy was OC on a tour , I was working a register at the time and my boss came in to tell us (he is pro gun)that some tourists complained and he just wanted to warn us. In TN I don't see people giving two flying F&^ks about people carrying in starbucks, in more "liberal" states it might make the news when someone felt "threatened" and "scared" like the tourists.

x2

Not sure If I'll be OC or cc. I've noticed around Nashville (city)not a ton of people OC. At my old work ( tourists) were upset because a clean cut military looking guy was OC on a tour , I was working a register at the time and my boss came in to tell us (he is pro gun)that some tourists complained and he just wanted to warn us. In TN I don't see people giving two flying F&^ks about people carrying in starbucks, in more "liberal" states it might make the news when someone felt "threatened" and "scared" like the tourists.

I don't see it being a big deal either; people OC everyday and I see nothing in the news about it unless it's a "Kwik" event. I guess I just don't think it's a good idea to OC for the purpose of making a statement; for example, having 30 OCing patrons packing into a Starbucks at one time. That's something that draws a lot of attention, and whether we like it or not, it won't be good attention.

What's all this" I'm not a Starbucks Fan" crap? It sounds like your all talking out both sides of your mouth! Let me get this straight ....Here we have one corporation in the U.S.( Starbucks) that is standing it's ground for the second amendment and taking a" truckload of flack"for it from all the "Ozombies" and all you "Beneficiaries" of" said corporate" stand, can't seem to connect the dots????? This is what you sound like.... "Well I'm really NOT a starbucks fan BUT I Might take the wife down and a yu kno maybe buy her a frappe or sumthin.....".BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..... Let me ask you a question, what do corporations do?? They make money!!!! The "Ozombies" are trying to make sure "Starbucks" don't make $ on a big money making day!!!!!

And What Army of FRIGGIN idiots( precious...) are going to "OC" in starbucks on Valentines day??????? I can see it now... MSM Newspaper headlines: "Starbucks INVADED by crazed, armed gunrights lunatics!!....Swat team surrounds Starbucks hostage situation developing....!!. "Starbucks"Armed gun rights customer eats too many, iced frappes, and goes into Brain Freeze and diabetic shock, shoots self in foot, and seeing eye dog while trying to unload glock,,,"Starbucks CEO, replaced by board of directors!!!.....Liability issues!!!.....Starbucks changes stand on gun rights!!!!! O.K. NOW this is what I'm going to do.. I am going to invite all my friends and family and yes the WIFE to get a LATTE at "Starbucks" and were not going to do anything stupid! O.K......SINCERELY<.jakflak P.S. "sometimes you guys really scare me...."

Edited by jakflak

You won't see any side arms on us, but my whole family and I will be stopping by to thank them for this stance. I have issues with some other of their stances, but I'll thanks them for this one. Vanilla Chai Latte anyone?

Edited by TNdad

David's right, open carry could send the wrong idea to an already intellectually challenged group of peons, BUT I was just telling the wife we may grab a cup of Joe on V/day [and i HATE coffee] I won't open carry but I think I'll wear my Midway USA hat & my favorite T shirt.

chacpa3.jpg

I don't like coffee, but i DO like that T shirt.