Henry Lever Action .22

JoeJ615

My 13 year old youngest grandaughter Rhinestone Rachel, shoots one with Peters lead LR bullets in Cowboy matches. It doesn't make much noise so I would think with shorts you could shoot it out the back door and not bother neighbors. It came out of the box working flawlessly. Her rifle strings, 10 shots each stage, are pretty fast and it has never jammed in any way.

Cherokee Slim

IMG_0840.jpg

Edited by Cherokee Slim

Well, you guys are responsible for my wallet being a little lighter today. :(

I just picked up one of these little Henry's for the wife. This will be her first rifle, she has always liked lever actions so this will be perfect for her.

So far it looks like a real nice piece.

Rim fires are just as addicting as the rest of the guns. I only had one Ruger single-six til a couple years ago, then I bought a little Henry. Now I have 5 rifles and 7 handguns, yeah its a sickness. So be careful, lol.

yeah im already semi addicted .. i have a Ruger 22/45, Ruger SR22, Ruger 10/22, and now the Henry lever action .22, and im still seriously considering a Browning buckmark and Beretta Neos and a Ruger single ten .. honestly the only firearm i currently own other than .22's is a Glock 21 SF

I bought a pellet gun for taking out a skunk that sprayed my dog (What a mess!!). willy_nilly.gif

I figured that no matter how quite it was if I shot that Skunk with my .22 the cops would be there to put me in handcuffs and take me to jail. :)

The skunk never came back after I got the pellet gun. It’s fun to shoot in the attic though.

$269 is a heck of a deal for a lever action Henry. thumbsup.gif

I bought a pellet gun for taking out a skunk that sprayed my dog (What a mess!!). willy_nilly.gif

I figured that no matter how quite it was if I shot that Skunk with my .22 the cops would be there to put me in handcuffs and take me to jail. biggrin.png

The skunk never came back after I got the pellet gun. It’s fun to shoot in the attic though.

$269 is a heck of a deal for a lever action Henry. thumbsup.gif

wait hold on it just hit me i never mentioned the actual price .. how the hell did you know? lol ... are you the dave who owns the gun shop i bought my rifle at???

wait hold on it just hit me i never mentioned the actual price .. how the hell did you know? lol ... are you the dave who owns the gun shop i bought my rifle at???

No, I’m a psychic.

:slap: Or… maybe it’s because you put a link to that gun at Buds in your first post and it had a $269 price. If you got that price at a local dealer; I would say that’s a pretty good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

ok finally got a few rounds through the henry today and im impressed at the accuracy even with the CCI .22 short CB's (although shooting at 20 yards may have helped a bit lol) it is now the first gun my wife and my 5 year old son have shot other than a pellet gun ... the group on the left is 20 rounds at 20 yards ... the group on the right is 3 rounds at 20 yards that my wife shot .. not bad for her first time .. oh yeah the targets are 3" for reference

edit: was actually 20 rounds total so 17 on the left and 3 on the right

henry.jpg

groupings20yds.jpg

jrwhenry.jpg

That's cool but please get some hearing proction for that boy. I know they are quiet rounds but make it a habit. Noone ever taught me about hearing protection so I went through my adolensence and teens blasting away with all sorts of rifles and shotguns and I had substantial hearing loss by the time I was in my early 20's. It hasn't gotten much better over the years, my friends will tell you my favorite words are "what" and "huh." Get him in the habit now so he doesn't grow up to be hard of hearing like me.

On the squirrels... I've taken a ton of suburban squirrels. I've taken them with pellet guns and I've taken them with all sorts of .22 ammo. It can be done either way but I prefer the .22 CB over the pellet gun. I've even killed feral cats with the CBs. Instant kills at under 20 yards. In my experience the CB was a little louder than a pellet but not much. I was shooting them out of my BL-22 so it should be about the same.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah he has some eyes and ears now but it was the first day with the new rifle and considering how quiet they are i figured no harm no foul ... but yeah i spent many years in my early teens to early twenties shooting without hearing protection myself, my hearing isnt that bad but i consider myself lucky that it isnt

I don't like .22's Never have. BUT, I have my mother-in-law's Henry .22 and I will say it is one dang fine rifle. The guys at Henry put the quality AND value back into the "Made in America" stamp. The gun is probably one of the best values on the market.

good to see you and the young men out shooting together!

i myself would not do this to a lever gun, but on the noise reduction, the wife uses a YHM mite and i ues a Flaming pig. it does a great job on threaded 22 RF. it splits the differentence between unsuppressed and suppressed. love it. even with standard 22rf ammo no need for any hearing protuction.

Nice! Put what you want on it. My lever gun (308) has a massive nearly 30 power (max) adjustable every which way tactical scope and it looks stoopid but it shoots like I want it to and the price was right on the scope.

I shot some of the powderless at a rat family that would not leave our house alone. It made a bullet deep dent in a 2x4 and bounced right back at me. I never did hit a rat with it, tried a couple of times but the little pests were awfully alert to movement and stuff. I am sure it would have worked, but out of my gun (mark II pistol) it certainly was not very powerful. Still quiet, about like someone dropping a book on the floor.

I wish Henry would build their larger rifles with a side loading gate. I swear I'd buy one today if they would. I just can't get to liking a tube loader. For plinking and hunting it's fine, but I would seriously carry one of their 45 Colt rifles as a dedicated truck gun if it were side gate loaded.