Bumper Sticker Questions

GlockSpock

• Moderators

My very brief questions consist of this? Would anyone be interested in a bumper sticker site that specializes in gun based stickers? If so, what would the majority of you pay for a single sticker shipped to your house? Would you be willing to buy one, or more than one? Would you possibly buy some for friends? I ask because I have a HUGE desire to start a business of some sort, and have always been trying this or that to make a few bucks in addition to my job. If I could do well enough to break even plus a few bucks, I think this would be a fun little experiment.

Be honest, prices and quantity demanded people!

I don't put gun related bumper stickers on my car for the same reason I don't open carry: I don't want the attention.

But thanks for the offer.

Same for me. And I just hate to look like the lib up the street with the backside of his cars plastered with propaganda.

Same for me. And I just hate to look like the lib up the street with the backside of his cars plastered with propaganda.

I bet he has one of those stupid "Coexist" bumper stickers. Every time I see one of those I want to turn my car into a tank.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I agree that bumper stickers mostly are unwanted by me, but if others wanted to buy them from me then that would be awesome.

So for those of you interested, what sorta prices would you expect to pay? Just talking about the typical square ones with witty text.

Also, if I do decide on attempting this, I would be willing to give anyone a free bumper sticker if they have me some sort of witty thing to put on them that I decide to order some of.

Guest A10thunderbolt

Why hold back your beliefs? Is it because you don't want people to look at you weird? I am proud of America and proud of what I believe in. I am tired of playing politics, I'm showing support for what I believe in. All my life I was told "you can only do so much with what you have" well I think I will exercise my right to bear arms, speak freely and do anything else the law allows me to do. If guns are treated like shamefull items that is what they will become. Ok I'm done ranting, :wall: you can tear me apart with your life experience.

Why hold back your beliefs? Is it because you don't want people to look at you weird? I am proud of America and proud of what I believe in. I am tired of playing politics, I'm showing support for what I believe in. All my life I was told "you can only do so much with what you have" well I think I will exercise my right to bear arms, speak freely and do anything else the law allows me to do. If guns are treated like shamefull items that is what they will become. Ok I'm done ranting, :wall: you can tear me apart with your life experience.

Why do I want other people to know that I own guns and/or carry one? If you do, go ahead on. That's your right, just as it is mine to stay under the radar.

Guest bkelm18

The TGO icon at the top of the page would look good.

I agree, Maybe do some hats as well.

Just to note, that would need to go through TGO David as it is trademarked and I don't think he'd be ok with it.

My very brief questions consist of this? Would anyone be interested in a bumper sticker site that specializes in gun based stickers? If so, what would the majority of you pay for a single sticker shipped to your house? Would you be willing to buy one, or more than one? Would you possibly buy some for friends? I ask because I have a HUGE desire to start a business of some sort, and have always been trying this or that to make a few bucks in addition to my job. If I could do well enough to break even plus a few bucks, I think this would be a fun little experiment.

Be honest, prices and quantity demanded people!

Sorry, I wouldn't be a customer as I put no bumper stickers on my vehicles. Also, on every car/truck I have purchased I have had the dealer take off his free advertisement as well. Just my preference. But I wish you the best of luck and admire you for your entrepreneurship.

• Administrator

The TGO icon at the top of the page would look good.

I agree, Maybe do some hats as well.

Maybe you missed the Trademark icon next to our logo. So let me be VERY clear about this:

The TGO logo and the site name are Trademarked. NO ONE may reproduce them on any stickers or clothing or any other items without my consent, and I am not giving that out. Anyone who does will not enjoy the legal consequences of doing so.

Maybe you missed the Trademark icon next to our logo. So let me be VERY clear about this:

The TGO logo and the site name are Trademarked. NO ONE may reproduce them on any stickers or clothing or any other items without my consent, and I am not giving that out. Anyone who does will not enjoy the legal consequences of doing so.

Slam bam thank ya mam!!!

Edited by TLRMADE
  • Administrator

Honestly I can't believe this subject comes up so much. Granted, I'd like some more TGO swag as much as anyone... and I hope to have more produced as soon as I have some free time to devote to that... but right now just is not the time for me for a variety of reasons. Yet that does not mean anyone who pleases may rush out and embroider or print or otherwise reproduce the site logo on whatever they want.

I want everyone to feel at home here, but that doesn't mean folks are at liberty to steal the furniture just because they like the way it looks. :)

Hardcore.

Guest lostpass

it is easily understandable, as an author of dead tree books who has been pirated a jillion times I can understand the argument.

That said, I think the position is short sighted. You're worried that people might make a buck off your hard work but you should really see it as free marketing.

I'm not sure if TGO actually makes a significant amount of dough or not. But unleashing people will only result in more people coming to the site.

When people love a place so much they want everyone to know about it I would say let them tell everyone. It isn't like it is impossible to print a bumper sticker or patch without your permission.

What is the biggest asset of TGO? It isn't the logo, it is the community. If people want to advertise that for free, I'd be all in.

Just an opinion.

Edited by lostpass
  • Administrator

Opinion noted, however... that's not the route we'll be taking. For the life of me, I don't understand why this is so hard for folks to wrap their heads around. :meh:

1.) It's not entirely about the money, but most important it is about protecting intellectual property and controlling the "image" of the TGO brand.

2.) TGO is a sideline business for me. It doesn't generate a ton of revenue and isn't going to support me or my family anytime soon, but my time and effort is worth something. If you disagree and think I should take days off from my regular job to upgrade forum software, and should take time away from my family to work on forum projects in the evenings and weekends, and do all of that for free... then there's some sort of fundamental breakdown in your logic that I really can't understand nor help you with.

Sorry, but this absolutely is not up for discussion.

Anyway... apologies to the original poster of this thread. Hopefully they can get their business off the ground and enjoy some financial freedom as a result of it. Maybe some of this sideline discussion will have tangible benefit for them when it comes time to protect their assets. :)

Edited by TGO David