Kershaw knives

Yep.

http://www.woot.com/

12.99 ea +5 shipping. You can get up to 3 on the same shipping charge.

I chose the Tremor (largest), Burst (only one with serrations), and Drone (smallest).

3 with shipping averages to $14.65 ea. It's not the deal of the century on the smaller ones, but pretty good on the larger ones.

They're priced right to make good Christmas gifts too, and it's just 308 days away.

Edited by monkeylizard

I went to Gatlinburg the weekend before last and stopped in the Smokey Moutain Knife Works on the way too and from. I had never been there before although I had passed it a few times. When there I picked up the display model of the Kershaw Chive I was really impressed with the quick, effortless opening of the knife. I ended up buying two Volt II's, (one for me and one for a friend that was with me), and returned on the way back to get a couple of Drones for my son and SIL. I ordered the Chive online just this weekend. They aren't expensive knives, but certainly worth their price IMHO.

I have a Leek compound as my EDC knive and have had Chives before and have never had an issue with Kershaws. They (Kershaws) are my favorite knives. I'd choose the Drone or the Compound, as the typical use would be slash or poke for these types of knives.

Whatever you do, keep your steel sharp!

FYI - The Tremor and the Compound are the best "deal" as they have a higher normal price. The others are just a couple of dollars off the normal price at places like Amazon. Woot will let you get more than one of the same kind.

These are Chinese made blades and are reportedly not as hard as their traditional stuff. I think they're still assembled in the USA, but I don't know for sure. Just putting it out there. I know it matters to some of us.

The Chinese Kershaws are incredible values.

I have a $25 Tremor in pocket right now. Of the others you mention I also have the Asset and Compound.

Love all three. Tremor is largest, Compound has great blade shape also, Asset is one wickedly pointed blade, probably not the best choice for rough daily use. All three have great ergos in hand, the Tremor really locks into it with handle room left over. All three allow tip up or down clip, but ONLY right handed.

Along with the Tremor, I carry a Spydie Military, just to show I'm neither snob nor cheap. :)

- OS

These are Chinese made blades and are reportedly not as hard as their traditional stuff....

They are all 8cr13mov. I've become quite fond of it. Very much like 440c or Buck's 420HC. Takes wicked edge, resharpens fairly easily, holds edge okay.

I think they're still assembled in the USA, but I don't know for sure.

Never heard claim of being assembled here, and highly doubt that, otherwise Kershaw would tout at least that part.

- OS

Never heard claim of being assembled here, and highly doubt that, otherwise Kershaw would tout at least that part.

Yeah, probably so. I saw that about them being assembled here in some random person's post when I did some quick Google-fu this morning before placing my Woot order. That information is probably worth what I paid for it.

I have a Kershaw that I've had for probably 6-7 years. The open assist broke on it a few months back, so I sent it in. Since it has a lifetime warranty. To my surprise I received it back within the same week, cleaned, sharpened and spring assist in brand new working order!

EXCELLENT customer service. I didn't have to call anyone or anything, just put it in a box and ship it in.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but seems that when anything works as advertised these days it's surprising. ... .... Does that mean I'm getting old? That sounded like an old guy thing to say.... :)

Edited by SupaRice
  • Like 1

I have a Kershaw that I've had for probably 6-7 years. The open assist broke on it a few months back, so I sent it in. ...

Nice to have it cleaned and sharpened. Just a phone call, they would have sent you the spring assist torsion bar. Not much to it. Knife easily disassembled, IF you don't strip a screw (some seem to use gorilla grip loctite on them).

- OS

While I don't have any of the knives mentioned in the OP, I do have several Kershaws made from 8CR13MOV, and several made of the 14C28N. I prefer the latter, but the Chinese blades are decent quality, especially at a $13 price point.

Edited by DaddyO
  • 2 weeks later...