Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Anyway apologies rambling. Dunno nothin.

Lester I enjoy your stories. You tell them with a special kind of flair.

I was a teenager in the 60’s and 70’s. We fought, but no one got shot.

I believe that the only time you are justified in the use of deadly force is when you find yourself being attacked in a situation you did not start or participate in. If you let your mouth overload your azz and find yourself getting an azz whipping; you don’t get to pull a gun…. Period.

BTW…. We had that same gym teacher at my school.

Having a hard time dragging up a good lynch mob around here. Need to have the Reverend Sharpton speak to the entire group.

smilielol5.gif

leaving.gif

...I believe that the only time you are justified in the use of deadly force is when you find yourself being attacked in a situation you did not start or participate in. If you let your mouth overload your azz and find yourself getting an azz whipping; you don’t get to pull a gun…. Period.

Period? Even if the "azz whipping" goes far enough to kill the person getting whipped?

Maybe I'm wrong but no matter who "started it", one the point is reached that someone can die the one in legitimate fear of being killed has a right to pull a gun, a knife or a rock if necessary to defend himself...he may have a hell of time defending himself against charges later but that's better than being dead.

http://a4.sphotos.ak...789360798_n.jpg

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest profgunner

But those aren't the pictures that the main stream media has been posting night and day. How can they be real? In the other pictures Trayvon looks like an innocent 10 year old...

To be honest, I think these pictures are irrelevant. You can find similar pictures on the FaceBook pages of most teenagers. So, what's the point?

To be honest, I think these pictures are irrelevant. You can find similar pictures on the FaceBook pages of most teenagers. So, what's the point?

I think the point is clear. The media set out to make him look like an innocent little child.I can't find any confirmation that the picture above is even him.

• Like 1
Guest mikedwood

It appears to me that they both thought they were defending themselves. Any chance this incident was a terrible misunderstanding with grave consequences on both sides?

One is dead, and the other is gonna be judged by 12 (and how it's pretty set up where he will get jail time) and gets to live with the thought he made a mistake that killed a 17 year old.

From reading what I have read in different news stories, they both seem to think they were in the right. Under "stand your ground" I think Martin was in the right to initiate an attack on Zimmerman, being followed like that. Not knowing why he was attacked I think Zimmeman was in his rights under "stand your ground" to defend himself by any means he had available.

If it had went more like:

Zimmerman: Halt who goes there!?!

Martin: Who the #### are you?

Zimmerman: Neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman who are you?

Martin: Oh hi I'm Trayvon Martin my dad lives over here. I have Skittles, want some?

Zimmerman: Yeah thanks, I love Skittles.

Had that happened I think the next time they ran into each other there would have been waves and hellos.

But apparently there were no questions from either side and no offer of Skittles, just some assumptions on both sides that led to terrible trouble.

I my main question of all of this is (and i think I know the answer) if Martin had been white, hispanic or asian would Zimmerman have acted the same towards someone in a hoodie? I think the answer is absolutely so. From listening to the scanner race makes little difference, but a high % of Knoxville crimes reported have the perps wearing hoodies and to a lesser extent white tee shirts.

Edited by mikedwood
Guest peacexxl

It appears to me that they both thought they were defending themselves. Any chance this incident was a terrible misunderstanding with grave consequences on both sides?

One is dead, and the other is gonna be judged by 12 (and how it's pretty set up where he will get jail time) and gets to live with the thought he made a mistake that killed a 17 year old.

...and now we are back to zero. The point that seems to have been lost here is that had the family not raised a stink, and had the media not caught wind of it and brought the whole situation to light, there would never have been a chance for Zimmerman to be judge as guilty or not guilty. The Police and DA decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Whatever their reason, they decided that this kid being killed was okay and they didn't need to look any further. No need to look into the shooters background because he said it was self defense and he seemed like a good guy. No need to look into the kids back ground or even find out who he belongs to.

But now it looks like there will be a day in court; for the shooter and maybe the PD as well.

But those aren't the pictures that the main stream media has been posting night and day. How can they be real? In the other pictures Trayvon looks like an innocent 10 year old...

How do you know they are real? I've seen that picture floating around, but no source to document that it's actually him. So again, this kind of crap is basically irrelevant.

Guest 6.8 AR

I certainly agree with your opinion. Too many bad actors are involved, along with a willing

media, are distorting anything to the point of justice is in the court of public opinion only.

Too bad they think "mob rule" is the way to go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/25/joe-oliver-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1378390.html

"I'm a black male and all that I know is that George has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe he has anything against people of color," Oliver said.

Zimmerman dropped out of public view shortly after the shooting and his whereabouts were unknown. The New Black Panther Party, an African American organization taking its name from the radical group of the 1960s, has placed a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman.

"All these people who are threatening George, what makes them any better than the person they think he is?" Oliver said. "You've got all these people wanting to lynch the man and they don't know the whole story. There are huge gaps that are being filled in and interpreted without evidence."

Oliver tried to reach Zimmerman after the shooting but he had not spoken with him until Saturday in a conversation arranged by Zimmerman's lawyer.

As a black man, he said he understands how minorities are often unfairly treated, but he believed Zimmerman was simply doing his job by growing suspicious over an unfamiliar person walking through a neighborhood that had suffered some break-ins. Martin lived in Miami but was with his father on a visit to his father's fiancee's home inside the gated community.

"I understand how they're able to leap to the conclusion. You have a dead teenager. This guy is white so it must be a hate crime. There's going to be evidence to come out that basically will justify George's concern," Oliver said.

"He (Zimmerman) confirmed for me that he was not the aggressor. But I did not go into details as to how it got to that aggressive point," Oliver said.

At one point Oliver became choked up with emotion talking about his friend but said he was coming forward freely even though it may expose him to reprisals.

"I just have to do what's right, not just for my friend but for everyone involved," Oliver said. "His mother in law lost her job for this. He's in hiding. His mother in law can't see her own daughter because she fears for their lives."

Why does it have to be a black or white thing? Take away the colors of the people involved and just look at what we have been told. Until the case is heard in court I will keep believing that this situation could have been avoided if "the captain" had called the cops, followed the dispatchers advice and kept a reasonable distance while still observing Martin until the cops arrived.

In my Golmer Pyle voice...citizens arrest, citizens arrest! You see people like this all of he time. Give them the perception of having just a little authority and they will go over board every time.

Why does it have to be a black or white thing? Take away the colors of the people involved and just look at what we have been told. Until the case is heard in court I will keep believing that this situation could have been avoided if "the captain" had called the cops, followed the dispatchers advice and kept a reasonable distance while still observing Martin until the cops arrived.

In my Golmer Pyle voice...citizens arrest, citizens arrest! You see people like this all of he time. Give them the perception of having just a little authority and they will go over board every time.

This wasn't his first call to 911. Maybe he tried taking their advice the other times. Not defending his actions... just adding to the speculation. It's safe to say that the confrontation would have been avoided. I don't think anybody has stuck up for his crappy judgement.

Guest 6.8 AR

It may not matter much, but the demonizing of Zimmerman and the assumptions drawn against

him are just as bad. Sharpton and Jackson are pimps.

Is "you don't need to do that" a directive or a suggestion?

Exactly! I never heard the dispatcher tell him not to follow. I only heard him suggest it.

It's the same as, "I don't need this double Whopper with cheese..." But that doesn't stop me from eating one.