New M&P Shield

Steelharp

Guest thejoshdavis

Carried the Shield today and through it in my DeSantis sof-tuck I have for my LC9. This sucker is much easier to hide then the ruger.

Guest twpayne75

Bet it has some hellacious recoil.........you know with no grip and all.

In all seriousness, I expect any day for something similar to be released. Maybe with room for one finger under the trigger.

And you all know what will happen. The gun press will marvel over it's ingenuity, people will snap them up, and immediately put grip extentions on them so they have a full size grip.

Guest Big-A
Farnsworth Firearms in Vonore has one priced at $399.
Just Bought that one he has another in the back. Fired off 8 rds of federal hydro shock in the back yard. It has a trigger thats a lil mushy like the M&P but not bad. At 10 yds it was at point of aim and recoil was very controlable .Recoil was no where near as sharp as the PF9 or the Ruger LC9. Its thinner than my 26 but the butt is a tad longer .I dont know if it is as accurate as the 26 yet but its gonna be so close maybe as good. Would have fired off some more rds but my horses are close.Test fire date on the brass was 3/31/12.Big plus U.S made keeping our folks working. Get back with you all Mon or Tue with another update have to work all week end 12 hr shift. Any of you all coming down vonore way Mon or Tue let me know and i might be able to meet up and let you try it out. Later AL

Mike's Gun Shop in Morristown received one. Now it's mine. A good buying experience and a fair price. I'll be doing business there again. If we just had a range nearby I could try it out. I've got to buy some shooting land.

Edit: I tried it in the DeSantis Superfly I use for my 642. It's not a perfect fit but it fits and covers the trigger. It seems to fit my pocket fine. Maybe my pockets are bigger than some. I won't carry it until I get a chance to run a few through it but I think this will end up being my new pocket gun. I just gave it it's "welcome to the family" initial cleaning.

Edited by Motasyco
Guest twpayne75

Mike's Gun Shop in Morristown received one. Now it's mine. A good buying experience and a fair price. I'll be doing business there again. If we just had a range nearby I could try it out. I've got to buy some shooting land.

I called Mike's in Tazewell this afternoon. They sold the one they had. I called Glenda in Middlesboro (Mike's wife) and she still had one. So I am meeting my wife there tomorrow evening to check one out. Can't buy it anyway since it's out of state, but I can see for sure if we want one so I will know when the next ones show up.

If you get that shooting land let me know. I will help you break it in. :pleased:

I called Mike's in Tazewell this afternoon. They sold the one they had. I called Glenda in Middlesboro (Mike's wife) and she still had one. So I am meeting my wife there tomorrow evening to check one out. Can't buy it anyway since it's out of state, but I can see for sure if we want one so I will know when the next ones show up.

If you get that shooting land let me know. I will help you break it in. :pleased:

Deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

For the folks waiting on the Apex parts for them, with the exception of the RAM, fail resistant extractor, and the replacement triggers (like the FSS trigger) the current Apex parts are already compatible. The Shield is a true M&P in construction, not just cosmetics. It is just skinnier. So buy DCAEK with confidence, it'll work just fine.

For the folks waiting on the Apex parts for them, with the exception of the RAM, fail resistant extractor, and the replacement triggers (like the FSS trigger) the current Apex parts are already compatible. The Shield is a true M&P in construction, not just cosmetics. It is just skinnier. So buy DCAEK with confidence, it'll work just fine.

Whats Apex?

My CWP finally came in so I get to bring my gun home finally. I will be putting another 100rds through it today.

• Moderators

Apex Tactical makes aftermarket parts that greatly improve the action of the trigger. The Apex parts create a lighter, smoother trigger pull that many shooters say makes for a more enjoyable shooting experience and for me personally, has helped improve my accuracy with my M&P.

Apex Tactical makes aftermarket parts that greatly improve the action of the trigger. The Apex parts create a lighter, smoother trigger pull that many shooters say makes for a more enjoyable shooting experience and for me personally, has helped improve my accuracy with my M&P.

Ok, cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Guest Big-A

I personally wouldnt waste my money in an appex for a ccw that you generaly dont shoot past 12 yds. I shoot just fine out that far with my shield