25 People Shot in Chicago In Less Than 24 Hours

But I thought Chicago has some strict gun laws. No way it could have been a resident because they are all law abiding citizens.

If they want to reduce the number of shootings they need make firearms mandatory or at least legalize them. Most criminals are chicken ####s and will not attempt anything if there is a chance they might get hurt. And if 1/2 the population was armed then they would find other ways to engage in their criminal activity.

As much as most antis hate guns they need to realize guns make a society a polite society.

Dolomite

• Like 1

As much as most antis hate guns they need to realize guns make a society a polite society.

Well I’m certainly no anti, and I think everyone should be able to carry a gun.

But if guns make for a polite society you will need to explain this to me….

MemphisChicagocrimerates.jpg

I believe what Dolomite was getting at was that legally owned guns, in the hands of the non-criminals, are desirable and prevent crime. His point (again, I'm inferring) was that criminals of opportunity seek soft targets. If you had numbers demonstrating the rate of crime against gun owners in Memphis v. non-owners, that could potentially shed some light on that*, but I don't see what point the tables are meant to make, other than that Memphis should be avoided.

*Even more illustrative would be crimes committed against Memphians outside the home broken down between HCP holders and all others. I know the data doesn't exist - I'm just making the point that the stats only show that Memphis is dangerous. They don't provide any insight into who it is most dangerous for.

Guest PapaB

Obviously Rahm Immanuel needs a visit from Bloomberg to deal with this problem. The Chicago police should have been trained to sing kumbyagh while on patrol through the neighborhoods with crime problems. Oh yeah, I guess that would be all Chicago neighborhoods.

Edited by PapaB

For several years Memphis has been almost in a tie with Detroit as the most dangerous city in America. I believe that most all of the violent crime that happens in Memphis are in areas that most decent people stay away from. Most thugs probably don't venture out of those areas. The only reason I would have to go to Memphis would be to cross the Mississippi river going west.

Simple. People in Memphis are crazy as hell.