Combat Pawn

Quit sugar coating your opinion and tell is what you really think. :D

Hahaha, sorry. I get a little passionate on the dudes with the BS military exploits. Especially when their stories are directed at civilians that don't know any better because they don't have any context to interpret it as BS.... to me it's taking advantage of folks and cheapens the sacrifices of real Servicemembers that aren't reality show whores.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this show last night, what a crock! I would get up every morning and go get some coffee and a bisquit then go sit in the parking lot just to watch them open the place up "swat style" Then go home and change my britches from laughing so hard. What a way to start your day!

Having spent many years in the military to include Ft. Campbell and a stint at Ft. Bragg years ago, seems like some things never change.

In military towns some business's (most are respectable) prey on our service members, in-particular, pawn shops, bars and used car lots. Ever notice the disproportionate amount of pawn shops, bars and used junker dealers around military bases?

The majority of our armed forces are comprised of young adults with little life experiences, and are susceptible to being taken advantage of by unscrupulous predators.

Back when General Lee was my military commander, the orderly room had a list on the wall 4 feet tall of business's to avoid because they abused and took advantage of base personnel.

These "Combat Pawn" people look to be the STD'S of our military troops. JMHO.

Having spent many years in the military to include Ft. Campbell and a stint at Ft. Bragg years ago, seems like some things never change.

In military towns some business's (most are respectable) prey on our service members, in-particular, pawn shops, bars and used car lots. Ever notice the disproportionate amount of pawn shops, bars and used junker dealers around military bases?

The majority of our armed forces are comprised of young adults with little life experiences, and are susceptible to being taken advantage of by unscrupulous predators.

Back when General Lee was my military commander, the orderly room had a list on the wall 4 feet tall of business's to avoid because they abused and took advantage of base personnel.

These "Combat Pawn" people look to be the STD'S of our military troops. JMHO.

You hit the nail on the head. Really sad .. isnt it?

You mean the rest of America doesn't have Korean drinky bars on every block? And here I thought I could be "numba one G.I." everywhere!

While not dedicated to firearms, the only shows of this genre that I halfway enjoy watching are Pawn Stars and Auction Hunters. Gun transactions are handled in a no-nonsense manner and without any drama or stupidity (except maybe for Chumlee). I do like to watch Ton's face light up when he and Alan discover guns in one of their lockers.

• 2 weeks later...

I was extreamly bored over the weekend and seen CP for the second time, did anyone see them buy a transferable (that's what they called it and they sure didn't call it a post sample) FA HK36 for 5K? I couldn't stop laughing when they said they were going to sell it for 8K, the gun anlone is high teens, most likely low to mid 20's....this is good tv!!!!

Guest Bass Junky

I live in this town and as stated before worked for them about a month until I found out how they really were. They are a joke and when people talk about guns and some guy says they went there to buy or shoot that's the first sign they don't know crap about guns. They are very paranoid guys cause they are scared some deal they mad will come back and bite them in the butt, so that's why they act all tacticool. I was born and raised in Fayetteville and the area they are in is not any more dangerous then the rest of Fayetteville.

LOL pretty much everything on tru tv is scripted isnt it ?That how they get away with saying "Not Reality , actuality" I believe most of there shows are supposed to be loosely based on reality but are usually over exagerated scripts which seems like it would be very bad when talking about guns

I live in this town and as stated before worked for them about a month until I found out how they really were. They are a joke and when people talk about guns and some guy says they went there to buy or shoot that's the first sign they don't know crap about guns. They are very paranoid guys cause they are scared some deal they mad will come back and bite them in the butt, so that's why they act all tacticool. I was born and raised in Fayetteville and the area they are in is not any more dangerous then the rest of Fayetteville.

Did you do a tactical entry first thing in the morning (every morning) with AK47's??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

In the opening credits of the show they come out in full gear and guns to open the shop up, stating high crime around the area...

My first thought: did someone trip alarm? turns out NO, then they're clearing cars in the parking lot, running around the property with their guns, I'm sure their role playing for the camera's....

If I want to see fantasy gunplay, I'll watch Archer. At least it is howlingly funny, totally fictional, and any incidental retardery is entirely intended. If you ladies and gentlemen haven't checked it out, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's the funniest show on TV, bar none, in my opinion. Netflix streaming has the first two seasons. Enjoy.

If I want to see fantasy gunplay, I'll watch Archer. At least it is howlingly funny, totally fictional, and any incidental retardery is entirely intended. If you ladies and gentlemen haven't checked it out, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's the funniest show on TV, bar none, in my opinion. Netflix streaming has the first two seasons. Enjoy.

Archer is far more realistic than this show. At least Archer uses proper terminology and I've actually worn the tactical turtleneck before in combat (under armour)... keeps the single point sling from digging into your neck... Archer was not the first to recognize its advantages as a tactical garment. Add the fact that there are plenty of chicks I've come by that like to be choked I'd say that Archer is in the lead on realism.

Hahaha, sorry. I get a little passionate on the dudes with the BS military exploits. Especially when their stories are directed at civilians that don't know any better because they don't have any context to interpret it as BS.... to me it's taking advantage of folks and cheapens the sacrifices of real Servicemembers that aren't reality show whores.

I, with help from BimmerFreak, have busted at least two on this site with tall tales. One insisted we meet for lunch so he could convince me of the veracity of his claims. I declined.

I, with help from BimmerFreak, have busted at least two on this site with tall tales. One insisted we meet for lunch so he could convince me of the veracity of his claims. I declined.

Nice. I remember a while back there was a dude here with all kinds of claims. I offered just to trade DD 214's minus SSN and sensitive identity information. He declined also. Hell, he even declined to share the unit he served in.

I also oust phonies. For anyone who has been in the military smelling a phonie is pretty easy. For those who haven't it can be difficult. But nothign is funnier watching their face as it sets in that they have been had.

The biggest indicator is someone who braggs A LOT about their military service. Another big indicator is when their claims involve multiple things, like sniper Ranger or Airborne SEAL or the best is "thats classified". There is not a single job in the military that is classified. Specifics of what they did might be but never the job itself.

Dolomite

My first job after getting out was at a nursery / tree lot. Everyone that knew I had just gotten out of the army kept saying that I had to talk to a particular employee as he was ex secret squirrel from vietnam and blah blah blah. He obviously took every opportunity to discuss his exploits. When I finally met him he was a very knowledgeable arborist and generally engaging nice guy. Mother####er never spent a day in the military as far as I could tell. When I asked about his experience he told me how his 125 man SF company went on a mission and only 5 or so came back. Another about a team mate who was a former door gunner in a cobra helicopter. I #### you not. The man described the "don't lead 'em so much" scene to a T as an example of the guy. He must have seen my face because he then said he didn't like to talk about those times of his life. This didn't stop him from telling customers as I walked up to him telling war stories until I left the place.

Edited by Daniel

Being diabetic I have never had the chance to serve, but being the son of a Marine and adopted son of a Dog(both in Vietnam), I have learned one thing, neither one of them talked about there military exploits much at all. Dad(adopted) only twice in 40 yrs, he my brother in law, and myself went and had a couple of beers and saw Blackhawk down and dad talked briefly afterwards about a couple of battles in Vietnam and 10 years later we were watching Band of Brothers with surround sound and he compared the episodes Bastone and breaking point to be in a fire base in Vietnam. You were sitting in a foxhole and there were random rounds popping of at any given time. Natural father never spoke of his military experience but later was told by a cousin that he had all of his medals that came home with him if I wanted them(I was just a baby and Tommy gave them to my cousin to play with.)

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

We used to make jokes about people being space shuttle door gunners. Those stories would engage the BS artists and then they would try to one up.

That is another key indicator of a phonie. They will try to one up anybody else's story with their own embellished story. My response any "story teller" is normally, "and one time at band camp". Generally shuts them up and they go off to find another audience.

We have heroes that will never be the same again because of what they have endured. Then some douche nozzle comes along and cheapens our hero's sacrifices.

Dolomite