Movie theatres

I was planning on going to the Bellevue 8 tonight with a buddy of mine to see the Batman movie, but I drove by earlier today and they had what appeared to be a temporary posting. They had a piece of paper taped to the door explaining their right to search bags and backpacks and whatnot for safety reasons and it simple ended with "no weapons or firearms". I imagine these typse of postings will go done after the Aurora shooting fades out of the media, I'm just wondering if anybody knows of theatres in the Nashville area that do not have any kind of posting, as I'm betting this is company wide.

We went and saw Dark Night Rises last night at the Regal Providence 14 in Mt Juliet. The theater was NOT posted that I could see and a made a concerted effort to look. I was indeed legally carrying my firearm (concealed) which made the wife nad daughter feel a little more secure.

Edited by DavidD

All Regals (Providence and Opry Mills included) are all posted with a dime-sized gunbuster on the "rules" list. It's an 8.5"x11" sheet posted somewhere near each entrance.

Some don't consider that "plainly visible". To each his own.

Edited by monkeylizard

Very rarely do I go to the cinema any more. I'd rather watch a film in the comfort of my home. I can pause it, go to the john when I like, and I don't have to tolerate some kid kicking the back of my seat.

Winning!

• Like 1

I'll start going to movie theaters unarmed when they start posting LEOs there at all the entrances. I don't know what makes them think that a 110 lb pimple faced ticket taker boy is gonna stop someone intent on shooting up the place. Lunacy. This kinda crap gives me satisfaction that the movie theater business is going tits up. Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin.

All Regals (Providence and Opry Mills included) are all posted with a dime-sized gunbuster on the "rules" list. It's an 8.5"x11" sheet posted somewhere near each entrance.

Some don't consider that "plainly visible". To each his own.

Not only is the font small, but the sign itself is transparent!