Please tell me about 45 ACP Glocks

leroy

Dear brother and sister handgun fanciers:_____________

I'm kinda like J. Thadeous Toad in the "wind and the willows"; and ive got a new mania. I've been thinkin about a 45 ACP carry gun and i like the idea of the glock. They are relatively inexpensive and, in other calibers, they work real good. Please post your collective thoughts about the size and reliability of your glock 45ACPs. I've got abou 1000 remington gold dot 230 grain hollow points i need to load up, and i wuz wonderin if i should shoot 'em out of some kind of a glock or spring for a birdshead ruger 45ACP.

Thanks in advance.

leroy

PS-- I know about 1911's; and i know they work real good. I dont know about the glocks.

Thanks again,

leroy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with a Glock .45. The biggest difference... which is slight, but noticeable... is the SF frame. It's just a tad smaller in the radius, and it makes it much more comfortable for some. Accuracy and reliability are there, regardless. Try before you buy...

The G21 is full size with 13 rd mag double stack, the G36 is subcompact with single stack 6 rd mag, and the G30 is subcompact with 10 rd mag double stack. There is the SF desitination on Models 21 and 30 with slightly smaller grip circumference. I have the G21 Gen4 and the G36 Gen3. The G21 is mostly house or range gun and the G36 for conceal carry.

I carry a 30sf daily and it hasn't failed me yet. Took me a new spring to tweak it and now it's butter. I can hit a steel target 100 yards out consistently. You are welcome to shoot mine if you're ever out in Knoxville.

Guest Grout

The 21 and the 30 have a SF (short frame) version which if you have small hands makes for a more comfortable grip.I have med-large hands and couldn't tell that much difference.Since 1988 I have owned Glocks in every caliber made (including the first mdl 20 shipped to Chattanooga) and I can tell you hands down the .45 ACP Glocks are the most accurate ones.The 45 ACP is a low pressure round and in the large Glock polymer frame recoil is very mild.For carry I would suggest the 30,for home,vehicle or range the 21 is hard to beat.

Guest 6.8 AR

21 and 30 are both fine carry guns. They're damned near foolproof. I like the standard frame and the SF's

equally. They love Remington Golden Sabers. That's all I load for mine.

Guest Tim1077

I own a G30 SF and it is definitely one of the guns I'll never part with. I carry it with me everywhere I go and I am just as accurate with it as I am my Springfield TRP.

Here's a hearty thanks to "all ya all" who took the time to post about your experiences with the 45 acp glock. Especially to Steelharp for posting pictures. Sorry i took so long to get back to ya. Looks to me like the 45 acp glock is a great tool to ward off wouldbe evildoers. Now i need to get to work savin up for one.

Thanks a bunch.

leroy

The G36 stock mag bit my pinky when I shot it. Once I fixed that, I was good to go.

I had the exact same problem, pierce extensions fixed mine. Had a few issues with JHP's that I blame on break in. It will eat anything I feed it now.

Has anybody tried to feed their glock any hardcast, wide flat nose semiwadcutters? How did it work out??

leroy

The general word is not to use lead bewlitts in a Glock barrel due to the polygonal rifling and potential for dangerous, barrrel-splitting, gun-exploding lead fouling. Many will debate it or just buy a replacement barrel with traditional grooves.

Edited by Garufa

Has anybody tried to feed their glock any hardcast, wide flat nose semiwadcutters? How did it work out??

leroy

SWC bullets work fine in a 21.However I have owned three model 30s and none of them would feed SWC bullets reliably,I would get 2-3 FTF jams per mag.Lead? thats up to you I suggest a search as you have folks on both sides of the argument.The black coated and copper plated bullets are a cheaper alternative to jacketed and work well in Glooks Edited by Grout