Kids, School, and liberal Science?

Smith

Check out M-Theory/String Theory. Not saying that's the answer but it peeks my interest.

I'm currently on my second pass through "The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality" by Brian Greene (Unabridged). Very interesting stuff, truly the bleeding edge of scientific thought.

Lester I agree with your premise, but you still only see one side. Evolution needs to prove itself and it cannot (macro) just like creationism. There is just as much evolution "fact" as there is for creationism. They may even coexist. To say one needs to prove itself to the other is errant in either direction.

If I have to prove an eternal God, you have to prove an eternal universe. I propose it is far simpler to understand an eternal creator who creates than an eternally neutral universe that suddenly and randomly creates something from nothing.

Simply stating that evolution cannot be proven with no basis for the statement doesn't make an argument. It does not answer the origin of life, nor the origin of the universe. It is not meant to give those answers. It is an explanation of the diversity of life on this planet. It is supported by multiple lines of evidence through multiple disciplines of science. The evidence is truly staggering, especially once we discovered genetics and DNA.

what does the bible say about where they are?

I'm not sure the bible speaks to heaven's location other than when referencing "the heavens" and inferring the sky or up. But it is supposed to be where God is. Hell conversely is down or in the pit, also could be the absence of God. Hell is a idea that solidified as the bible developed over time, specifically brought to bear in the New Testament.

So ... the 9mm is superior to .45 and a Glock is the best gun ever! :stir::rofl:

I thought the issue was whether the .45 spontaneously evolved from the 9mm or whether each gun had a creator.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There are fossils from the Precambrian era. How can you say things like this without spending a second or two investigating what you are saying?

You have no idea what I have or have not studied/investigated. There is no link between what is below to what is above. If evolution were fact there would be a progression in the fossil record. There is not.

You have no idea what I have or have not studied/investigated. There is no link between what is below to what is above. If evolution were fact there would be a progression in the fossil record. There is not.

Yes there is. Take it from the Paleontological Society. http://www.paleosoc....ioncomplete.htm

A snippet: The fossil record is the primary factual evidence for evolution in times past, and evolution is well documented by further evidence from other scientific disciplines, including comparative anatomy, biogeography, genetics, molecular biology, and studies of viral and bacterial diseases. Evolution is also a theory – an explanation for the observed changes in life through Earth history that has been tested numerous times and repeatedly confirmed. Evolution is an elegant theory that explains the history of life through geologic time; the diversity of living organisms, including their genetic, molecular, and physical similarities and differences; and the geographic distribution of organisms. Evolutionary principles are the foundation of all basic and applied biology and paleontology, from biodiversity studies to studies on the control of emerging diseases.

Edited by piercedan

I'd call the simple fact that we have vestigial parts of our bodies as proof that we have evolved. Coccyx , appendix, whatever indicate they are remnants of functions that were once more pronounced and purposeful than now.

Other things seemingly have never evolved fast enough. Like the spine, which should structurally be much larger to support our now biped ways.

The real question is what happened around a million years ago, and then maybe again ~10,000 years ago for the brain to take such a quantum leap. That's the one thing that progressed disproportionally quickly.

I think dem Sumerians wuz the result of some serious tweaking -- we may be some extraterrestrial's high school science project.

Btw, the duck billed platypus sure is suspicious, too. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1

I'd call the simple fact that we have vestigial parts of our bodies as proof that we have evolved. Coccyx , appendix, whatever indicate they are remnants of functions that were once more pronounced and purposeful than now.

Other things seemingly have never evolved fast enough. Like the spine, which should structurally be much larger to support our now biped ways.

The real question is what happened around a million years ago, and then maybe again ~10,000 years ago for the brain to take such a quantum leap. That's the one thing that progressed disproportionally quickly.

I think dem Sumerians wuz the result of some serious tweaking -- we may be some extraterrestrial's high school science project.

Btw, the duck billed platypus sure is suspicious, too. :)

- OS

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens. :0)

• Like 1

Pfft...

Screw evolution. I upgraded mine to titanium, ;)

And again in ~19th century. Stone age to interactive plastic in no time flat.

A rhetorical question? If it is a genuine question, then I will happily answer. If I am just being baited in, then let's not really waste time. Let me know.

It's a sincere question.

It's interesting to me how any question regarding creation/evolution from the Christian perspective is met with skepticism and sometimes outright hostility.

Edited by DaddyO

DaddyO, it's not a dumb question. In fact science is the term we used to describe the collection of observations that we use to form theories and hypothesis to explain what was previously unknown or unobserved and their relation to one another. Science has developed and continues to develop as we observe and learn. As I stated in my first post, it is far from the absolute some want to wrap themselves in. One small previously unobserved item can and usually changes everything we previously "knew". Kind like how we thought the cell was the smallest thing, then a nucleus, .........

Thus the reason science is supposed to be a highly critical study always looking to disprove, not trying to prove. Which is ironic because most liberal science has so much arrogance in their assumptions and security in "known" science when that attitude is the very opposite of the scientific method. Kinda like the grief Columbus received from all the "scientist" of his day. Funny that is was the Christian who set sail for discovery, while the "scientist" tried to prevent it.