2012 NCAA Football Thread

Il Duce

Dooley was not given enough time. He was there, what, 3 years? He was still dealing with Keffin's recruits. It takes 5 years+ to turn a big college football team around.

Um, most everyone in the top 25 have been beaten once, and the Irish is undefeated? Perhaps the Mayans were right.
<p>[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1353268679' post='847734']
Dooley was not given enough time. He was there, what, 3 years? He was still dealing with Keffin's recruits. It takes 5 years+ to turn a big college football team around.
[/quote]

It has been over 100 years since UT has had even two losing seasons in a row. It's now three in a row.

Not exactly a hint of even holding its own, let alone a "turn around". I'm not even a fan, just looking at the factoids.

There's just some combination of stuff going on there that equals oil and water.

Likely most any former player could have done about as well with the meat as far as actual game management, just letting them play pickup sandlot level ball and call their own plays ("Jack go over right tackle", "Ed you and Bob cross 20 yards out", "hey both y'all stay with number 33", etc)

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='ShamGlock' timestamp='1353821789' post='850349']
Hilarious that when this thread started it was all about the Irish no longer being relevant.

Well.......Go Irish!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

win or lose, we are relevant. Always have been,always will be.

National championship heading our way.
  • Like 1

[quote name='crimsonaudio' timestamp='1345418296' post='802926']
Yah, guess you have hang your hat on something if you're an Irish fan, considering they've been irrelevant longer than any of their players have been alive...

:rofl:
[/quote]

ahem

someone went undefeated during the regular season, someone else lost to a two loss team.

[quote name='ShamGlock' timestamp='1353821789' post='850349']
Hilarious that when this thread started it was all about the Irish no longer being relevant.
[/quote]
Yup, the Domers decidedly proved me wrong this season, didn't they!

hahaha

Great season for you guys, hope we get to play you for the whole thing.

RTR
  • Like 1
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1353824387' post='850363']

ahem

someone went undefeated during the regular season, someone else lost to a two loss team.
[/quote]
Another prime example of how hard it is every week in the SEC.
I'm not being a smarta**, but I really want to know. Did Notre Dame play anyone ranked in the top ten the day they played?
[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1353855682' post='850409']
Another prime example of how hard it is every week in the SEC.
I'm not being a smarta**, but I really want to know. Did Notre Dame play anyone ranked in the top ten the day they played?
[/quote]

off the top of my head they beat Michigan St and Oklahoma.