Question about .40 cal for practice/plinking/class

I have tried to find online reviews but most of what comes does not really answer my question. I hope I am not covering old ground on this forum but I haven't found it.

What I am looking for is a reccomendation for a good, reliable .40 SW ammo for practice, plinking or taking additional classes. I don't want to use the ammo I normally carry as it is quite high dollar, (Hornady Critical Defence JHP).

I am signing up for another advanced class at my local range. I am required to supply 500 rounds of ammo and they reccomend new, not reloads. For such a class, I don't need hollow points. I want something reliable and economical if that combination is possible.

There is a gun show here in Memphis the weekend before the class and will shop there also. But If anybody can reccomend a brand and why, I would like to hear your opinions. In years past, I tried an inexpensive ammo for plinking but I didn't really like it. Blazer, I think, while new, uses aluminum cases which expands excessively and caused extraction issues along with the fact that powder was very dirty and made a REAL mess in my gun.

If it matters, I am shooting a Sig Sauer P250

My Glock 27 will eat Winchester White Box .40S&W all day long. I haven't bought any in a while, but you can generally find them at Wally and they are Brass FMJ.

My G22 eats it as well.

http://ammoseek.com/?from=resultspage&gun=handgun&cal=29&type=target&grains=0&mfg=&keywords=&sortby=cpr&.submit=Search

I reload mine for bout $0.05 a round, they are not for sale.

you might luck into some locally reloaded cheap ammo at the show, less these days but sometimes you spot a vendor with some reloads for cheap. Look for a booth selling powder and bullets and they may also have a few boxes of their own brand.

If you are going to be doing this sort of thing a lot, you might look into makeing your own .... 1/2 the price adds up when you start talking 500 rounds a pop.

Guest Riverrat

We found Lawman 40 sw ammo on craigslist. 180 gr. TMJ for 11. per box if case bought. 15. for shipping. Now we are looking for a 40 to shoot them.

Now Lawman you are a true gun fanatic, buy ammo for caliber you don't own then you have excuse to buy a gun. I just bought a gun in a caliber I don't currently reload and now I have to buy dies, bullet moulds and sizer dies, so now I am thinking of another in that caliber to make it pay off quicker.