Keltec P32

93civEJ1

had one that went back to the factory (2) two times ... it was traded for a weapon that would go bang every time.

it was polymer ... had recoil issues.

I currently carry a Sig P938 & a bug P238.

sent from ...

Edited by TNLC9

I've had three and decided to keep the latest one. Mine have all been reliable except with WWB because they are a flat point. I much prefer a LCP but there are a few advantages/disadvantage to both. I will carry mine as a BUG or when I shouldn't be carrying. I feel a 32acp's lethalness is about like a 22lr from a short barrel.

The P32 is an ideal sized deep cover self defense pistol that either works like a champ right out of the box or is buggy. Mine had the initial slide replaced and ran w/o any trouble afterwards. Everything I've read, been told and observed leads me to believe that spending the extra dollars for a hard nicked slide is the way to go with this pistol. FWIW I'd buy another one if I ever have the need for a pistol of it's size.

I've had two of them. No problems with either one. Sold my first to a friend, traded my second for another gun (a Taurus). Bought an LCP next and still have it. For me, the only real difference was the 32 vs the 380, and the LCP has a slightly better trigger.

I've got 2 of them one is serial no. Under 200. I've put several hundred rounds through it and it's been nearly flawless. The second one is also a first gen. and it runs well also.

32 is a bit of a pipsqueek. It would not punch a hole through a 55 gal drum at short range. I was a little surprised

I've been carrying a P-32 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard as a BUG for almost 4 years. I've put somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 rounds through mine with no troubles thanks to avoiding flatnose bullets and doing a little polishing of internals out of the box.

At 5 yards I can get center mass accuracy as fast as I can pull the trigger, which is what I figure the gun is made for. These little guns are for up close work, not extended fire fights from distance. Keeping that in mind, I have no feelings of inadequacy stuffing it in a pocket in the summer for daytime errands.

I've got one that I'm quite pleased with. For $175 of the TGO classifieds I feel I got my money's worth. Mine eats Winchester white box 71 grains with no issues and they have a pretty flat nose.

I still haven't gotten around to getting my permit so I only really carry at home but for that it's perfect. Stuff it in a pocket holster and Ive almost left with it on because I almost forget it's there.

Once I get legal I will most likely get something a bit larger as a carry weapon but like BigK said I also wouldn't have dny second thoughts about carrying the P32 if I was only wearing shorts and a beater or something.

I do think it's kind of funny that many diss the .32 yet I can't seem to find anyone manly enough to prove how wimpy a cartridge it is by subjecting themselves to just a puny little flesh wound. Same with the .22 and .25 fir that matter...

• Like 1

They fit a need --- mostly that need would be an inexpensive defense weapon backed by an outstanding warranty & service.

I personally have trouble trying to justify a weaker caliber gun in the current micro 9mm craze. The older 32s and 380s are not significantly smaller so I would just get a 9 to save on ammo price and get a little more power. But that is just my useless 2 cents, if you want a 32, get a 32.

So, anyway, if you get one, read the kel tec owner's group page on how to DIY, several of their tips can make these guns reliable without paying to ship it back. This is simple stuff like polishing off any metal burrs inside the action, polish the feed ramp, and I have had to do similar things on much more expensive guns.

• Like 1

@ OP, if you were closer, I'd be happy to let you meet me at the range with a box of ammo and let you shoot mine. I doubt you'll find a range rental P-32 anywhere to try, which is too bad. It's a shame there's not always a way to "test drive" a gun to to see if you like it.

I never had good luck with any of the Keltecs that I have owned, some folks swear by theirs though, I just was never able to get my P32 or my P11 to work reliably enough to trust.

I have however had very good luck with my Ruger LCP, which is very similar in size and design to the P32, but way more reliable, at least vs the P32 that I owned.