First afternoon out carrying.

Well, it took 26 days for my permit to arrive but it finally showed up in the mail shortly after lunch today. So, this afternoon, I put on my Shepard IWB holster, loaded up the G26 and headed out the door to run some afternoon errands. My wife and I went shopping at Krogers, took a walk thru Big Lots and finished up the afternoon with dinner at Red Lobster. I only had one brief moment at Red Lobster where I felt I needed to adjust my shirt to be assured things weren't showing. Other than that, it felt just about like any other afternoon out....only with a little better feeling of security. :up:

• Like 3

Congrats, diff feeling is it not?

I find myself looking around more than I do without mine.

I also look at all doors for the "Gun Buster" sign.

A little different feeling. I did find myself looking for the gun buster signs but I'd already scoped out most of the places I frequent so I wasn't looking too hard, except at Red Lobster over in Providence. Didn't see anything posted as I walked in the door. I wasn't as squirrely as I thought I'd be about my pistol staying concelled. Almost forgot I was wearing it at one point.

People are generally pretty oblivious to their surroundings so unless the gun is full out no one will notice and even then I don't think I lot will even care. I carry all the time and I wear T-shirts that definitely print and some even are high enough that 1/2 my holster is showing. I have yet to have anyone say or do anything to indicate they know I have a gun. I am glad it is getting colder so I can OC with a jacket covering it., I just like it better.

And with a Glock most people won't care if you do because they will just assume you are LE.

Dolomite

• Like 1

The only thing most people will notice, is a loss of signal on their cell phone.

:rofl: Sad but true. LOL!!

I'm not too worried about it showing much. That little G26 w/ the Shepard's holster prints very little. Even if it did, I'm legal so I'm not really concerned. It is nice that it's getting cooler. A good OWB holster and a jacket will be a nice pairing.

Guest 6.8 AR

Well, it took 26 days for my permit to arrive but it finally showed up in the mail shortly after lunch today. So, this afternoon, I put on my Shepard IWB holster, loaded up the G26 and headed out the door to run some afternoon errands. My wife and I went shopping at Krogers, took a walk thru Big Lots and finished up the afternoon with dinner at Red Lobster. I only had one brief moment at Red Lobster where I felt I needed to adjust my shirt to be assured things weren't showing. Other than that, it felt just about like any other afternoon out....only with a little better feeling of security. :up:

Attaboy! It does feel good, doesn't it?

Some guy came through the local CVS one day when my wife and I were shopping. He had a rather large revolver (I don't know wheel guns very well) in a cowboy setup with extra rounds on the belt, the whole John Wayne getup. He walked past about 10 people and I'm certain that none of them noticed, including Mrs. monkeylizard. The clerk may have noticed, but certainly didn't look concerned. Since then I really stopped being too concerned about whether or not mine is showing.

I see that most people are glued to their phone to such an extreme they wouldn't notice if you were waving your gun in the air.

Yep im here on the phone just to see if you guys see anyone around me carrying. Well is there?

Half tempted to write up one without the "bubba" talk and see if we can't get it voted higher.....

and we can do without "Clem". With any luck, I'll be doing my part to continue this "rite of passage" by next weekend :woohoo:, but I'm not springing for the nachos and cheeze... BYONAC Edited by mj12