Just bought S.A. XDs 45

TeamJackson

[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352482736' post='842544']I fail to see the excitement about these when the Glock 36 has been around for YEARS, and holds one more round. I'm glad you love it; I just don't understand the "WOW!!!! This has NEVER been done before!!!" type vibe...[/quote]

#1 I am a XD guy not a Glock guy.
#2 there is a size difference and to be my EC that matters.
#3 here is some pics of difference:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-range-reports/208525-xds-vs-glock-36-comparison-1st-xds-range-trip.html

BUT all that said, to each their own
  • Like 1
[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352482736' post='842544']
I fail to see the excitement about these when the Glock 36 has been around for YEARS, and holds one more round. I'm glad you love it; I just don't understand the "WOW!!!! This has NEVER been done before!!!" type vibe...
[/quote]

I've never said it hasn't been done before but I have shot both and I prefer the XDs but it's all personal preference. Just never been a fan of the Glock's grip angle or feel in my hand. Glocks just feel "clunky" compared to the XDs. And I can honestly say that everyone I've let shoot or hold my Xds has said "Wow! This thing is awesome!" But I also wouldn't rain on a new Glock owners parade if he came on here bragging about his new purchase either. To each their own.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352519238' post='842903']
I'm a Glock guy but the G36 does not compare to the XDS. The XDS is what the G36 SHOULD have been.[/quote]

Please elaborate; I ask, because everyone that likes Glocks seems to think the G19 is THE perfect 9mm... and the dimensions of the G36 are identical. (I say "identical," because they both snap into the same inflexible Kydex holster in the same way. If they weren't the same size, that wouldn't happen.)
[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352519729' post='842907']
Please elaborate; I ask, because everyone that likes Glocks seems to think the G19 is THE perfect 9mm... and the dimensions of the G36 are identical. (I say "identical," because they both snap into the same inflexible Kydex holster in the same way. If they weren't the same size, that wouldn't happen.)
[/quote]

Have you held the XDs yet? I was not impressed at all when they first came out until I picked one up. Once you get a chance I think you will agree. Also, did you see the pictures in the link above? Night and day in regards to size.
[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1352517674' post='842884']
Steelharp, I'm with you but the stupid magazine vase on a G36 turns me off.
[/quote]

I'll agree with you there. The G36 needs to be fixed. Here's mine...

[IMG]http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/mikegideon1/IMG_0793a.jpg[/IMG]
[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352519729' post='842907']
[/quote]

I'm a Glock guy. The G26 is my EDC. Suits me just fine. Have a coupla G19's in the house. Suits me just fine. Shot a few XD's and didn't like them. Never cared for the XD's at all really. I've held the new XDS and was simply amazed at how comfortable it felt and how compact it "seemed" compared with my G26 I carry every day. Slim with a nice ballance. Now, I haven't shot one yet but not liking anything XD in the past, I must say that some people will grip it and say wow, this isn't that bad. It really is a "different" feel to it than many sub compact .45's of course the feel with the mag loaded may be different and the feel while shooting may be different. Just picking it up and holding it (being a 9mm G26 guy) has my interest sparked enough to seek one to shoot. If the gun shoots like it feels to me.....I may have just found the first XD I've ever bought for my "truck/camping/hiking" excursions.
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352520677' post='842914']Also, did you see the pictures in the link above? Night and day in regards to size.
[/quote]

Had you read my reply in post #11, you wouldn't have asked this.

kwe45919; I have held them, not shot one. I thought it was very nice, but like you, I've never been an XD guy. I've owned two .45's and a 9, and sold them because they just didn't do "it" for me. One, the 1911 angle is one I [i]don't[/i] like. I have become so used to the Glock angle over time, it's far more natural for me. Much more similar to my Ruger MKII .22. Two, the XDs really felt too small in my hand. I have pretty good sized hands, but fingers on the skinny side. So, the angle, size, and finger grooves on the Glock are perfect for me.

I would still like to shoot an XDs, though, just to see.
Well I am a Glock guy but I have had the pleasure of shooting a XDS. My biggest gripe was it shot low and shot low with everyone, about 1 ft at 20yrds. Apparently this has been a common complaint, but it's worth just living with. It has a higher axis which can take some getting used to
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352521221' post='842921']

I'll agree with you there. The G36 needs to be fixed. Here's mine...

[IMG]http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/mikegideon1/IMG_0793a.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
There is a guy on Glocktalk that made a flush fit magazine for his G36. I had been planning on doing one if I ever bought my own G36 instead of borrowing my friends for long periods of time. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1
[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1352551660' post='843004']
There is a guy on Glocktalk that made a flush fit magazine for his G36. I had been planning on doing one if I ever bought my own G36 instead of borrowing my friends for long periods of time.
[/quote]

Maybe I'm a sissy, but I think the G36 is a handful with the grip as it is. I wouldn't want to drop one finger from the grip. I changed the bases on my mags because the factory base bite's your pinky when you shoot it.

[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352556835' post='843031']
Erik88... lol... I understand the confusion... I went on in my post about a G19 vs G36 size comparison, and why the G36 would be considered "too big" when it's the same size as the much lusted after G19. Carry on, bro...
[/quote]

:up:

and I love my G19's(plural)