Trigger is set to crisp 2 pounds
Bolt action has been worked and is real smooth
A bit of jeweling
A simple but effective Clark extended mag release

[img]http://www.sigpower.com/1022/1022b.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sigpower.com/1022/1022a.jpg[/img]
  • Like 1
JeffsSig,

Did you do the trigger yourself from stock parts or did you use a kit or aftermarket parts? Have you had the bolt radiused, face squared and headspace tightened up? If so by who?

I surely do like these "Lego" .22s called 10/22s.

I've tried several wood stocks but never found one that I liked enough to keep it, hope you enjoy yours. I did have one wood stock that I took my Foredom (Flex shaft rotary tool) to to get a better feel in the thumbhole area.

Now the fun is to find ammo that is easy on the pocket book while providing reliability with accuracy.

Craig
[quote name='Lumber_Jack' timestamp='1353188484' post='847310']
Looks good Jeff! What QD rings are those?
[/quote]

Lumber this is the mount http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/298/

[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1353243992' post='847527']
JeffsSig,

Did you do the trigger yourself from stock parts or did you use a kit or aftermarket parts? Have you had the bolt radiused, face squared and headspace tightened up? If so by who?

I surely do like these "Lego" .22s called 10/22s.

I've tried several wood stocks but never found one that I liked enough to keep it, hope you enjoy yours. I did have one wood stock that I took my Foredom (Flex shaft rotary tool) to to get a better feel in the thumbhole area.

Now the fun is to find ammo that is easy on the pocket book while providing reliability with accuracy.

Craig
[/quote]

Im not 100% sure on the trigger. I bought this custom build as a new unit. I didn't do any of the work.

I did shot about 150 rounds yesterday. and 10 round groups was almost ALL in the same hole. I used a variety of ammo. but found the CCI Mini Mag to best that I had. with Wolf extra Match as good.
With the 14x power scope set at 10X I was able to hit flys that was crawling on the target.
The gun soon got boring after I fine tuned the scope in.
I did have a slight issue with the used mag I got with the gun. I tried 2 others form friends I was shooting with with no issues. So Ill be ordering a few new mags.
JeffsSig,

Boring .22s really get fun when you start adding speed and distance. Take a look at this page. Remember that these targets were chosen to run guns in the 400.00 and under class, but you can expect that the optics were pretty decent also. I want to find a scope that the entire reticle is mildot. Subsonic ammo at 300 yards drops a looooonnnngggg way. The entire website has good shooting info, not only for plinkers like me, but for serious shooters.

[url="http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html"]http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html[/url]
[quote name='Troutburger' timestamp='1353355498' post='848310']
That is a slick rifle!

Do you think a custom 1022 built on the new plastic receivers would be as accurate as the metal receiver?
[/quote]

Thanks!

I cant say if it will or not. I have had 2 other 10/22s before and sold them real quick as I found them to not be accurate enough for me.
I have little experience with the 10/22 other than this new one to speak of but Ill not be selling this one.
I am sure other who do can chime in.
As far as I know Ruger's new receivers are still made of aluminum. It is the trigger housings that are now made of plastic. In fact I'll trade two metal trigger housings for anyone who would like to trade their two plastic trigger housings.

Tony Kidd himself has said that the OEM plastic trigger housings are more consistently spec'd than the metal OEM ones. I have 3 plastic OEM Ruger plastic trigger housings that I have installed 89.00 trigger kits in and they all break the same about 2.5lbs - they are consistent. [url="http://www.coolguyguns.com/Ruger-1022-trigger-job-kit_p_95.html"]http://www.coolguygu...b-kit_p_95.html[/url]

I can do my own trigger but as I am using a stone, although with a jig, mine are not consistent, but they are serviceable in my experimental 10/22s. I even paid 275.00 for an aftermarket trigger group one time. The Kidd kits in the polymer housings are better than that expensive one. If you are lucky you can occasionally get a new OEM complete trigger group on Brownells for about 40.00, add the 89.00 Kidd kit and you have a really nice consistent trigger. If you want more accuracy you need to have a good chamber and well done bolt. You can get bolts "tightened" up by a couple of good guys online or you can buy a Kidd bolt. Then you need to play with all the other variables like receiver to housing fit, chamber matched to ammo, stock to action fit, barrel harmonics, and it goes on and on. Edited by graycrait
[quote name='Troutburger' timestamp='1353418639' post='848702']
I saw a 10/22 yesterday with what looked like a plastic receiver. It had a textured finish on it. Maybe it wasn't plastic though. Looked really cheap.
[/quote]

Ruger made 10/22 receivers are still aluminum, just like from day one.

The "satin black" finish on the non-stainless models is just a thicker, gloppier "paint" these days, dunno what the finish should really be called, maybe "powder coat"?. Barrels haven't been blued for a long time now either

- OS Edited by OhShoot