M&P Sport priced too high??

tarheelbball

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353444735' post='848859']
Fine if that's out the door, a gouge if + tax/tics

- OS
[/quote]
A lgs quoted me $760 otd and I passed on that. The $700 is online plus transfer and background.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep thinking about it because as much as I want it, it would be for range and fun.
[quote name='ThePunisher' timestamp='1353445126' post='848864']
I paid $732.00 out the door 3 months ago.
[/quote]
[quote name='tarheelbball' timestamp='1353448125' post='848881']
A lgs quoted me $760 otd and I passed on that. The $700 is online plus transfer and background.
[/quote]

Out the Door pricing for mine:

Feb this year from LGS: 681 w/ tax/TICS
April this year from PSA: 665 w/shipping/transfer/TICS

I understand that the "craze is on" again, but I see Walmart's AR prices haven't gone up all year, S&W MSRP's haven't gone up either, so keep that in mind when you consider the relative pricing/ethics of the various vendors you see.

Yes, of course free capitalism allows any profit level possible -- but I personally see quite a diff between a reasonably higher profit due to supply and demand vs. the CTD philosophy, at least as far as who I'd prefer to deal with long term.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
Guest KCampbell
Seems about average for now.I was in Mikes Gun Store in Morristown yesterday and they were 699.00.been thinking of one myself but I am holding out to see whats at the gun show this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

These guys had em for 619$ about a month ago http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/104547/c/semi-auto-rifles/brand/SMITH%20AND%20WESSON
Now they are at 699$
So either buy one if you want it or wait and see if the price will come down .

Another thing about 2 years ago they couldn't give these away. CDNN had em with 30 mags for 449$ Now we all know better and the price has jumped
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353450279' post='848898']

Out the Door pricing for mine:

Feb this year from LGS: 681 w/ tax/TICS
April this year from PSA: 665 w/shipping/transfer/TICS

I understand that the "craze is on" again, but I see Walmart's AR prices haven't gone up all year, S&W MSRP's haven't gone up either, so keep that in mind when you consider the relative pricing/ethics of the various vendors you see.

Yes, of course free capitalism allows any profit level possible -- but I personally see quite a diff between a reasonably higher profit due to supply and demand vs. the CTD philosophy, at least as far as who I'd prefer to deal with long term.

- OS
[/quote]

Good post. CTD will never see another penny from me.
  • Moderators
Smith's MSRP hasn't gone up, but in the defense of some of the brick and mortars that do have them at elevated prices, they may not be at fault here. I know that at the store I work at, the distributor that actually had them in stock has raised their prices on them. We essentially had to pay retail to even get them into the store. So our choices were to raise our prices, sell at a loss, or lose the sales entirely due to no stock. We raised our prices and still have no trouble selling them. I wouldn't expect prices to come down if they stay up for very long.

The value of anything is whatever the market will bear. I have always viewed the M&P Sport as underpriced. When you look at build and component quality compared to other makers who charge $2-300 or more for their rifles (DPMS, Stag, Bushmaster, etc.) the Sport is a better rifle. Even if you feel that a forward assist and dust cover are essential, you can buy a stripped upper swap it out and sell the original upper and be out all of an extra $50 and still have a better rifle for hundreds less than most other mid grade rifles. That's enough saved that is better spent on a case .223.

-Disclaimer- Though I mention I work at a gun shop, I do not mention it by name because these opinions are mine alone and I in no way speak for the shop.
Guest chuck66
The only local shop I've seen to have one in stock lately wanted $689 + T/T. I don't think you'll do much better during the current rush. I considered it, but decided to build instead for my first, and by the time I'm done, I'll have a PSA M4-style carbine with MOE stock and grip for less than $700 complete. If I had it to do over again, I'd still do the PSA build. Their sales make it so easy to do a cheap build, although their prices have climbed a little since the election. Edited by chuck66
[quote name='tarheelbball' timestamp='1354141911' post='852096']
Their are 2 guns that I wanted to added to the collection. An AR15 & a snubbie. I'm on the lookout for a lightweight snubbie.

thanks
[/quote]

Unpossible if your signature is an accurate tally. You haven't got a single mosin yet, no collections complete without one or two or twelve.
i just picked mine up last night. had it transferred to d&t from florida. $679 + $20 (shipping), $25 (transfer), and tics came to $734.

this is my first rifle, so been looking at the sport for a while. election night i found one for $630, but could not get the approval from "she who must be obeyed". the next night i looked again and the same vendor had marked it up to $699. i hope the prices come down, but did not want to wait and see.
  • 2 weeks later...