I Won!!!!

Angus

Ok, so a little background...I am 42, and originally from Rochester NY...that said

I was in G&L on Friday 11/23/2012 to purchase the Christmas present my wife is going to give to me, a .270 Ruger American rifle, cool I know...she is the best!

So, they give me a piece of paper to put my name and ph.# for a raffle, I half heartedly listened because I almos NEVER win anything.( I won a 5th of Jack single barrel March of this year)

I get a call at 3:05pm on Sunday, I think...wtf is calling me on Sunday....heh...G&L calling to say I won a Sig 1911 22....effin A right?

Now, the irony....I am a NY'r, but in 6 mos I win a bottle of Jack and a gun...my friends up north have not stopped with the "you might be a redneck" jokes...but I say...I love it!! Plus WE have no snow and better hunting regs!!
  • Like 4
[quote name='Tuffus' timestamp='1353983021' post='851104']
Have fun with the new gun. I won an FNX 9 about 2 years ago at the Outpost and it's turned out to be one of my best shooters. Free guns are great!!!
[/quote]

Kinda like the way a free beer always tastes better?
  • Like 1
Put about 300 rounds through her today.......frickin great gun!

Ok, there are complaints about FTF, or FTE and so on. First up, this gun has an adjustable trigger. If you have feed problems, then the trigger may be too light and may double fire, count your shots and tell me I am wrong! I have talked with friends who have picked up "cheap" guns ( A Kimber a budy of mine picked up for $400 because it was "double firing")that wouldn't work worth a damn, but put a 1/4 turn in the adjustment screw, and BAM.....no more problems.

This is NOT a competition target pistol, so drop that complaint. I was shooting Remington Gold Tips, noticable difference between 7yds and 10yds (these I am guessing, I was at G&L in Hville). I also had to replace the front sight, came with the 3 dot installed. I put the 2 dot on and it was dead nerts on. After about 200 rds I ran the bore brush through her, and accuracy was much better.

As a 1911 chambered in .22, it is awesome. Being a full size pistol you get to work on your grip,something I needed greatly. Also I got to see how my funky stance was goofing up my accuracy. I own and shoot a .45, Ruger P90, and throwing 300 rounds of .22 instead of .45 saved me about $175.

I love this gun, and it will def. not be a safe queen.

Edit: as of 12/04/2012

While cleaning on Thursday, I noticed a large "chunk" of coating that had been scraped off the last 1/2 inch of the barrel as well as a "chunk" off the recoil spring lug. Also some finish was removed on the rear of the chamber port. I called Sig yesterday, and emailed them the pics. Today they emailed me back saying they would replace the recoil spring lug, and the rest was "normal" wear? I know I did not "pay" for this weapon, but I am still a customer. This resolution does not suit me, and I am wondering if this is typical of Sig?

John Edited by Angus

I'm pretty sure that is made by gsg for sig, joebobs another vendor on here makes a +4 magazine follower for it ;) I've considered getting a gsg conversion kit because of that 15 round option.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk9KFRJwfvE&feature=colike"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk9KFRJwfvE&feature=colike[/url]

Here is the NutnFancy review of the gun as well, if you are a you tube kinda person.

Yes, sL1k, the GSG and SIG 1911 22 are the exact same gun from what I have read and heard.