How have you reacted personally? Bought guns? Mags? Ammo?

hipower

Just wondered. How have you reacted to all the inuendo and possible threats on bans of AR rifles and hicap mags? I've visited several lgs I frequent, talked and listened to friends and buyers while there. Watched here and on a few other venues and been wondering.

Aside from talking and postulating what might be, what have you done to feel less personally threatened by fears of bans and shortages?

Have you indulged in panic buying? It seems that quite a few have. Have you done a new inventory of mags and ammo? Are you satisfied with your current collection, or do you find yourself wondering which handgun or rifle to buy another of?

I'll start. I may have over-reacted, but I don't think so. I placed an order for additional AR, AK, and hicap mags for the core of my collection. May not be as much as some would say is necessary, or maybe more than enough to others. I know when the 2 boxes arrived today, my wife did raise an eyebrow, but accepted my ratioale for the purchases. Except for some extra Tangodown mags and Bulgarian AK mags, all was within what I'd planned on doing in the next six months or so. So I just sped up the timetable a bit.

I think it all falls within what I consider an acceptable level of mags and ammo for each weapon and caliber. Maybe a little short in a couple calibers, but hopefully not distressingly so.

One friend did question whether I was worried that I'd be out a large amount in the hicap mags if they were banned and required to be turned in. One, I told him that if it came down to individuals being stripped of mags and ammo, we were all pretty well screwed anyway.

And two, that the old addage applied here. "Better to have and not need than to need and not have."

So what did you do? I suppose many have done as I since the levels of availability seem to have really dried up by Monday/Tuesday.

But I feel better prepared for whatever may come than the multitudes of guys I've seen tring to buy an AK, AR, or any semi-auto handgun over the last few days.

Perhaps it will all just drift away like dust in the wind before long, but I don't really know.

Only Our Lord Above knows tha awnser to that; and if I remember correctly, one of his admonitions was to be prepared.

Well...and while I'm not completely there in the physical and spiritual sense, I am trying.

Wonder if I can find a couple more cases of ammo reasonable?

Please excuse the run-together form; for some reason, my paragraph structure disappeared when I posted.

Edit to edit: wierd, now it's back. Edited by hipower

Suffice to say ... A chunk of the money I was putting away for land, has now been spent on firearms, mags, acc's, etc....

It'd be great if none of it is needed.... I'm prepared for now & the future :)

I've kept quite a bit of powder dry in case this entire thing blows over and we see TONS of AR's, Mag's, etc... for sale :)

Edited by xRUSTYx

IMO the general public is not accepting of any form of new legislation. The majority, from what I have read, are in favor of keeping the laws the same or lessening them. As far as panic buying of guns and ammo I haven't done it, I have plenty of AR magazines. On top of that if I'm so concerned about my mags wearing out and not being able to get more springs/followers/whatever, I'll just swap to ten round ones at the range and not use the 20 and 30 rounders. That's just my .02.

No. I have all the stuff I want. The stuff on my wish list will wait until this hype blows over. Another shiny object will distract people from this horrific event in a week or so... probably something Kardashian or Beiber related.
  • Like 3
Yes, reasonable awnsers to all posts. And for those farsighted enough, justafiably true. It's just that so much of what I hear and read, admittedly biased on both sides, tends to give one pause, and even worry more for the future of our freedoms.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1355978164' post='864020']I was finished buying about the time of the election. Never a question in my mind that Obama would jump on his first opportunity. He's jumpin'.[/quote] Me too. I've been overstocking since 2008. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I am considering a third ar for 'parts' but the shelves were empty at every store today.

Mostly frustrated at the .22 LR ammo.  I can make enough real ammo to last the rest of my life, really, but I want some for FUN. 

I bought 1 ar mag, about 500 rounds of 22 mag, 2k more primers,  a totally random optics mount, and will prob pick up a box of 223 bullets (not ammo, bullets) as that is the one gun that I want a lot of jacketed rounds for on hand.

Oh and I 'finished' my bumpfire ar (that is what the optics mount was for).  Joe can sit and spin on that one. 

Edited by Jonnin

Money is tight this time of year for me with Christmas and the winter slow down in my line of work, but I have been stocking up as much as I can since the election. Mags and ammo only not enough $ for any new firearms. I never new just how much they cost until recently, it really adds up in a hurry. I am more prepared than ever though.

No. I have all the stuff I want. The stuff on my wish list will wait until this hype blows over. Another shiny object will distract people from this horrific event in a week or so... probably something Kardashian or Beiber related.

Part of your prediction has come to pass. Big news about a new hairstyle for one of Kardashian girls on my homepage. Man, that's something I really couldn't live without knowing about. Edited by hipower

i made sure I had all the guns and accessories I felt I needed a couple of years ago.  My feelings on that have not changed.

The AK was the last piece of the puzzle.

I wish I had money to buy more .22 rounds.  That is what I primarily shoot for recreation, and I am way too low on what i wish I had.  But I ain't spending money I don't have on it, just gotta conserve I guess.

And I am very glad I never got bitten by that nasty AR bug.

I am considering a third ar for 'parts' but the shelves were empty at every store today.

Mostly frustrated at the .22 LR ammo.  I can make enough real ammo to last the rest of my life, really, but I want some for FUN. 

I bought 1 ar mag, about 500 rounds of 22 mag, 2k more primers,  a totally random optics mount, and will prob pick up a box of 223 bullets (not ammo, bullets) as that is the one gun that I want a lot of jacketed rounds for on hand.

Picked up a 5000 brick of CCI Standard Velocity yesterday from sgammo ... Looks like they are even out -- and I've never seen sgammo out.  Yikes!

Yes.  I bought a ton of 9, 45, and 22lr (all range grade practice ammo).  All of it will be shot.  The only reason I bought so much at one time is because I knew this would happen, although not to this extent, and I want to be able to shoot my guns without having to pay a fortune for practice ammo because of hoarding. 

I bought a G19, but that was already on my last to buy.  I ordered a LaRue OBR this evening, but an AR-10 was also on my list to buy.  While both products were already on my list to buy, all of the nonsense sped up my decision as to when to buy them.

The only panic buying I did was Friday evening when I bought 10 pmags (regular price), which I didn't need. 

Yeah, Mike, seems like the AR syndrome is as bad as 1911itis and Glockishness. Lord help me, I have all three. But the Glock virus seem the worst to me. Caught myself looking at a Gen4 G19 this afternoon.

It just jumped up and bit me in the buttoocks while I was fondling a Smith Model 10.

And Mav, you just reminded me about wanting some more CCI as well. And another mag for the PMR30.

There's always something else isn't there? Edited by hipower
Picked up a 5000 brick of CCI Standard Velocity yesterday from sgammo ... Looks like they are even out -- and I've never seen sgammo out.  Yikes!

I have bought ammo from SG before,  good reputable folks imho

and I reiterate, I am sooooo glad I never got ate up with the AR thing, Glocks to for that matter.

Edited by Mike.357
I have bought ammo from SG before,  good reputable folks imho

and I reiterate, I am sooooo glad I never got ate up with the AR thing, Glocks to for that matter.

That they are ... good folks, fast shipping, and good pricing.  This is my 3rd order with them.  Never any issues and I get exactly what I order.  Never have seen them gouge, and they list exactly what they have in stock at all times :)

Just went to buds to order in a few Glocks, they are price gouging like crazy.  Gonna go look around tomorrow before I pull the digital trigger.

Glock 17 - $499 with NO CC Fee - Shipped Free to your FFL from KY (2 available as of this post)

http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.php?seller=KylesGunshop&navt1=59685&pd=3549405

Glock 19 - $499 with NO CC Fee - Shipped Free to your FFL from KY (11 available as of this post)

http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.php?seller=KylesGunshop&navt1=59685&pd=2874696

Not sure if either of those glocks were ones you were looking for, but I believe they have almost all in stock.

Good shop, done business with a couple of times include a SCAR 17 I just bought :)