Did I get a useless rifle for Christmas?

chunkee

My lovely wife purchased me a new Ambush 300 blackout from DD for Christmas. There is no ammunition...anywhere that I can find? Is there a place that you can buy the materials to load your own, or is that also now become useless? 

Sigh...this pretty rifle and not one bullet to put down its throat...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lovely wife purchased me a new Ambush 300 blackout from DD for Christmas. There is no ammunition...anywhere that I can find? Is there a place that you can buy the materials to load your own, or is that also now become useless? 

PM Dolomite...he can probably send you in the right direction!

Dave S

It is not a huge problem.

Your wife has done very well indeed.  You would probably end up reloading for this anyway.

There are a few reloaders around Clinton to help you start your own reloading setup (including myself).

This weekend, at the gunshow, ask David (under the big "RELOADING" sign) for brass,bullets, primers, and powder). Get what expendables he has to offer (at least get the brass), then we can help you figure out equipment.and other stuff.

If you order a set of .300 Blackout dies (I do not have that), I will be happy to let you learn on my bench.

It will be well worth the effort.

Bert

It is usless, send it to me, you pay shipping, I will send you a USPS MO for a dollar 2.98. :wave:

JK man, Your OL is a KEEPER!!!

And where are those available at the moment?

just about everything BUT 223 and 22 LR and AK are available here.  I still find plenty of 223 brass at the ranges I visit, I got about 25 today just off the ground.  I dunno about the slugs --- if 303 brit will work, plenty of that available?