Have you had any backlash because you are a gunner?

Guest Frightful1

I don't normally OC, but I did (All over town, bank, WW, Kmart, Food City, etc) the day after CT. 

And nothing happened.

Except at WM, I hear "Johnny!  C'mon! Let's Go!"  I Look down between me and the meat cooler (18" away), and six year old  "Johnny" was grinning ear to ear while checking out my Glock.  He never said a word, just skipped on off.

"Backlash"- not really. But some very interesting conversations with some of my more liberal f/b friends. One very interesting one in particular with a gal I grew up with (recently saw her at my 30 yr HS reunion) . She was actually very interested in my point of view and some of the media spun (less than) facts. I tried my best to set her straight. Another childhood friend (huge liberal supporter) has replied to alot of my posts with a link to some Huffington Post lefty nincompoops "facts" . I have had fun with that one. We go at it all the time but politely (sort of). I sent him some summer sausage from a Tennesee whitetail via Fed Ex right before this issue reared its ugly head. His position now is a bit more moderate by that i mean he wants me to still be able to own "hunting guns" but I have thus far been unable to convience him up the give an inch they take a mile stance I take. Still working on it... :)

My sister is a teacher locally and decided to bring up at lunch yesterday while my wife and I were out to lunch with a group of them that I supported a teacher's right to carry if they were so inclined . I was immediately confronted by one of the other teachers at the table stating that she wouldn't trust several of her coworkers with a firearm b/c they are borderline incompetent. I asked if she would mind putting those teachers names on a piece of paper for me so I could take that up with the principal of the school. She said "take WHAT up with the principal?" and before I could get a word out my wife interjected that if they were in fact  "borderline incompetent" we didn't want them teaching our children OR carrying firearms in the school.

While my wife rarely approves of my stance on firearms b/c she was raised to fear them, on the way home she said that she is much more scared of the idiots that have some how gotten into positions of power than she is of me or any of our friends who carry firearms. 

• Like 7

I have seen A LOT of people pointing out my "2A DFNDR" NRA license plate lately.  It is on the front of my truck.  Most of them seem to think it is cool.  The others.....well I really don't give a damn.  

They don't have to like it.  They just better hope they don't decide to key my truck or something.  I will be rearranging some faces.

Guest Frightful1

OP. Did this happen to you? Or are you passing along a story? Just curious if this happened in TN or not.

This is mob mentality. A mob of cowards in the OP story, but a mob nonetheless.

This happened to me personally.  I was carrying concealed.  The only thing suggesting I am a gunner was the advertising on the back of the jacket.

Guest Frightful1

This happened to me personally.  I was carrying concealed.  The only thing suggesting I am a gunner was the advertising on the back of the jacket.

And yes, it was in Tennessee, Lenoir City Walmart to be exact.

My sister is a teacher locally and decided to bring up at lunch yesterday while my wife and I were out to lunch with a group of them that I supported a teacher's right to carry if they were so inclined . I was immediately confronted by one of the other teachers at the table stating that she wouldn't trust several of her coworkers with a firearm b/c they are borderline incompetent. I asked if she would mind putting those teachers names on a piece of paper for me so I could take that up with the principal of the school. She said "take WHAT up with the principal?" and before I could get a word out my wife interjected that if they were in fact  "borderline incompetent" we didn't want them teaching our children OR carrying firearms in the school.

While my wife rarely approves of my stance on firearms b/c she was raised to fear them, on the way home she said that she is much more scared of the idiots that have some how gotten into positions of power than she is of me or any of our friends who carry firearms. 

May I share this?

• Like 1

I don't advertise, have no problems.

Outside of my posts here and on my FB page, I generally don't advertise my stance. I don't open carry, I don't wear pro-gun clothing, and I don't make any obvious comments to people. I learned this while a LEO. Life became much more pleasant when I stopped advertising my occupation while off-duty. I even got to the point where I hated having a patrol car parked in front of my house. Keeping a low profile is always your friend.
Guest mcgyver210

I have had more issues at Gas Pumps with my Land Rover than I have with my guns although it is very hard to be low profile with a Land Rover & very easy to be low profile with a gun so that could explain this since I rarely carry open.

Funny how the same folks that want to call gun owners/carriers "baby killers" are the same people who will openly support abortion (in most cases) The left want gun control to help "save the lives of innocent children" but will do nothing to help the unborn. It makes me sick.

Well said ,sir.