Repeal the 22nd?

Guest Bassman17SC

If passed, it would have to be ratified by at least 38 states within 7 years of passage. Not going to happen.

Bingo!  Gotta get that Constitutional Convention, then elect delegates for each state, then have the majority of those delegates in 3/5 of the states to vote for the Amendment (or rather, the repeal thereof in this case).

This is the main reason the gun-grabbers keep trying the legislative approach.  They know they cannot repeal the Second Amendment through the amendment process.

Guest Mad4rcn
[quote name="gun sane" post="877334" timestamp="1357492477"]Isn't anybody asking this bozo who introduced the bill why he wants it passed?  Not for nuthin', but I'd rather see some term limits placed on Congress instead.[/quote] ^^^^ Absolutely !!

Proof of just how far we've drifted from the original intent of the founders.

You realize the founders didn't have presidential term limits in the Constitution, right? The 22nd Amendment wasn't implemented until 1951.

Also, Rep. Serrano has introduced this bill many times including during G.W. Bush's presidency, so I think it's safe to say this isn't some Democrat conspiracy to make Obama president for life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/presidential-term-limits-bill-reintroduced-to-repeal-22nd-amendment
Guest 6.8 AR

Almost didn't even have to look that up, did ya? :)

I did on Serrano. Never heard of him, but I knew it has been bantered around for years. One look at his voting record

told me all I needed to know.

You realize the founders didn't have presidential term limits in the Constitution, right? The 22nd Amendment wasn't implemented until 1951.

Also, Rep. Serrano has introduced this bill many times including during G.W. Bush's presidency, so I think it's safe to say this isn't some Democrat conspiracy to make Obama president for life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/presidential-term-limits-bill-reintroduced-to-repeal-22nd-amendment

They didn't need an amendment. They served one or two terms and then went home to take care of their families. They didn't earn six figures as representatives, either.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Isn't anybody asking this bozo who introduced the bill why he wants it passed?  Not for nuthin', but I'd rather see some term limits placed on Congress instead.

That's not the question that needs to be asked.  The question that needs to be asked is why does this asshole still have a job?

• Like 2