Goodman's Gun Show - Nashville - 1/12-1/13

I went, sold 200 rounds of 223 for 75 cents a round, a couple of 30 round mags, and bought a red dot that i had admired online.  A cheap Bushnell trs-25, but it should do nicely on my plinker,  I even walked out with more money than I had when I walked in.

I went, sold 200 rounds of 223 for 75 cents a round, a couple of 30 round mags, and bought a red dot that i had admired online.  A cheap Bushnell trs-25, but it should do nicely on my plinker,  I even walked out with more money than I had when I walked in.

I've had one of those red dots for a couple of years and it is still going strong. 

I went to the goodman show today.  It will be my last show until this insanity stops.  There were a thousand people in line, the space inside looked like a mob scene.  The prices were obscene.  a buck a round for AR ammo, $1,500 for Romanian AKs and 2,000 for run of the mill ARs.

Half the people there were not 'gun show' people.  Everyone was looking for the last bargain before obama takes all our guns, or that seemed to be the mindset of the vendors I regularily talk to.

It sure would be nice if someone promoted a show closed to everyone but reloaders, casters and hunter.  I am sick of these tired old "gun" shows filled with fake indian artifacts, survival food, hip hoppers and tactifool idiots dressed in black BDUs.

Maybe we could start doing a TGO swapmeet somewhere.

Put your thinking hats on fellow TGOers!  Where can we find a vacant lot where access can be controlled?

• Like 2

Actually, it was $5 for parking + $8 for admission.
I didn't want to go, but I am one of the fools who waited too long to get an AR, and I needed some parts. I found what I needed for the lower half, but I may be SOL where the upper half is concerned. I'd like to get in before the possible ban, but I'm not giving in to these ridiculous prices.

I assume you are building the upper as well? I had to search for some parts recently, too. I have been finding some good parts at www.dSgarms.com in stock. It varies, but I've have good luck there at normal prices (unless theyve changed since). I also get on the "email me when it is available" lists at bravocompanyusa, midway and brownells. Then I pounce on it Immediately from my phone once I get the notification. I finally got what I needed. Good luck! Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

I just left the MS board, since David is working the Jackson gun show this weekend. He has bullets, not what he told my buyer last night.

525 ct. 22lr $65., 223 steel case $1 each. I went to the Memphis show. I posted my findings on the Southaven show thread.

1 i dont sell ammo

2 i didnt have any 55 geain bullets which is what you ask for

I'll wait for the madness to end.

I had a die-hard-liberal BHO supporter tell me today that he's wants to buy a Tech9 off Guns for America and was wondering how he could just buy one online without a BG check.

I told him could but the Feds would be at is door, he thought I was serious. I did set him straight but told him BHO won't be happy with him and he'd have to vote republican next time.  :P

• Like 1
I got there at 830 and stayed till 1. Total madhouse. Packed beyond belief

I did sell 7 packs of south African 308 berdan ammo at confiscatory Prices to pay for my $1000 reloading bill from David last week! The good news is that for the money I sold it for I nearly paid that bill and will be able to load twice the number of rounds now! Edited by Hershmeister
[quote name="jaysouth" post="883106" timestamp="1358035175"] Maybe we could start doing a TGO swapmeet somewhere.   Put your thinking hats on fellow TGOers!  Where can we find a vacant lot where access can be controlled?[/quote] Probly have a better selection than most shows. This sounds like a great idea actually. I for one would love to attend something like this 2 - 3 times a year. Maybe once in each area in TN. I believe this is already an invaluable community, and having a get together that's also a formal members only swap meet would be awesome.
  • Like 1

I went, and the line was crazy, indeed. I was talking to the nice young couple behind me. I was telling them I just wanted to find some .22 for me and my granddaughter to go shooting. Told her she was 9, and I'd really got her hooked. He just smiled and gave me his card, and told me he had plenty stockpiled and I could have a few bricks for what he had in it, just give him a call.

There are nice folks out there.

I used to enjoy the Nashville show. Now,Add 13 bucks.to your trip.Even if you only.need a lone buffer spring retainer pin. I think mboro and hendersonville are prob the best on the circuit. Anything else lately kinda fills the "bo/ass smelling overcrowded hall full of bone handled.knives and Nazi junk"...stereotype. Considering its cheaper than a movie run its still got some.great entertainment value. If David M is there doing reload supplies its always worth it!

Does anyone know of JT distributin is there? I need to buy a castle nut, a couple of roll pins and a mag catch. I was going to try and go late today. I'd rather not pay $13 for park admissions etc. for about $10 in parts, but if rather pay that for the convenience of it.

If that is the crew that sets up in the back rightish with all the AR parts and uppers, I do not think they were there.

Guest Fruit jar

You can't find those parts at a hardware store?

David, if you had said you had larger bullets I would have bought some of them. All I heard was 55 gr.