An interesting night we had last night

Glad you & your family are ok, have you found out anything more about the guy? Does he live in the area? have a criminal record? Etc?

All we know he had a prior DUI and no DL...

He is from a neighboring county and I guess he got lost.. he  was stinking drunk.

Next time we are letting the dogs out....:)

Edited by Sour Kraut

Good, that's why you have the dogs. I'm glad everything turned out okay. I've had some experiences where I live, also.

You wouldn't imagine how people disrespect private property today. Even in very open well lit places like my front door

on this busy street in Clarksville.

This is why I won't even answer the door anymore.  If it isn't someone I know, they can just keep knocking.  I live in a neighborhood with way too many solicitors (half shady).

Yep, anyone important has our phone numbers

[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="886020" timestamp="1358288884"]I am not going ti ignore someone knocking at my door at 11:40 PM or even in the middle of the afternoon.   Dolomite[/quote] Agree, if you don't address the person and they are up to no good the likely hood they become more embolden in their actions will be at that point.

Great reminder.  It's so easy to get complacent after a period of time.

I'm a big fan of trying to learn from other folks, instead of always from my own mistakes.

Thanks for the reminder.

Glad it turned out ok and everybody was safe.

I have been on a perpetual state of readiness since October of 2009. Prior to that I was concerned but a bit complacent. But now I will not walk to the mail box or sit on the porch without a firearm.

The reason is I have a relative that assaulted my mother then grabbed an AK and headed our way in 2009. The intent was to kill my family and I. He heard LE and fled into the woods where he had a standoff with LE. But bcause he has serious mental issues the courts dropped all charges ordering him to a mental institution. The doctors released him a few weeks later. Prior to this and since he has been saying he is going to kill us.

He was arrested two weeks ago on aggravated assault charges after injuring our mother. He also threatened to use a firearm against her. Then he kidnapped her and would not allow her to leave. He took her keys and phone but she was able to escape. He was arrested and went to court but they sentenced him to time served after less than two weeks. That is because he agreed to plead guilty to domestic violence.

He has been arrested several times for violent crimes. He plead guilty to felony drug possession and was released with a week.

Because of this I am ALWAYS armed and always will be armed. I have multiple firearms ready to go that are close by or on my person at all times. I always have my head on a swivel and always making plans on what to do if something kicks off. I do this no matter where I am, at home, sitting in a restaurant or shopping at Walmart. I never walk out a door without looking around, even in public.

I am determined that if I do have to defend my family or myself I will use an overwhelming amount of force to end the fight quickly, hopefully before my family or I get hurt.

Dolomite

What sign are you talking about?

You never been at our house.. how would you know we have a sign or signs on the door?

I've been there.  Had a trigger kit installed on my CMMG a while back and did some shooting from the porch.  Sat on the couch and talked a bit.  It's probably been a year or so.

I think at the time I had a Nissan Rogue (company car), but that went to a better place on a dark Kentucky highway.  I had the lower that didn't have the hole all the way through so you had to do some work.  You also polished up my trigger group to make it smoother.