$300 Life Membership in National Rifle Association via Tom Gresham

TGO David

• Administrator

SOURCE:

http://www.guntalk.com/site.php?pageID=15&newsID=491

"NRA LIFETIME Membership for $300

Tom was able to work out a great deal - with a special phone number - for this latest deal to join the NRA for LIFE!

Special toll-free number just for friends of Tom Gresham. No waiting on hold. No need to give Tom's life member number. $300 for a life membership.

Just call 1-888-678-7894."

Over on another forum with 4+ pages of people saying this is working. Apparently he (Tom Gresham) gets a commission on each membership purchased through that link/site, and he donates 100 percent of that to the Second Amendment Foundation. So, when you buy an NRA membership this way, you are also contributing to the SAF (according to the website).

• Like 1

Great, a lifetime of DVDs mailed to you that you will be billed for if you dont send them back, dozens of e-mails a week and more junk mail than I have ever seen. 

I support the NRA and what they are doing, been a member since the early 80s, but the marketing in the last few years has gotten out of hand..

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Great, a lifetime of DVDs mailed to you that you will be billed for if you dont send them back, dozens of e-mails a week and more junk mail than I have ever seen. 

I support the NRA and what they are doing, been a member since the early 80s, but the marketing in the last few years has gotten out of hand..

Oh. My. God.  You mean you have to throw away some junk mail or delete emails?  That takes you how long exactly?  This thread isn't an invitation to tell us what you think about the NRA.  Leave the unnecessary commentary elsewhere.

Oh. My. God.  You mean you have to throw away some junk mail or delete emails?  That takes you how long exactly?  This thread isn't an invitation to tell us what you think about the NRA.  Leave the unnecessary commentary elsewhere.

No, thee times this year they sent me some kinf of firearm training DVDs.  I was going to just throw them away but I opened one and it said if I dont mail them back within 10 days they will keep sending me the series and bill me for them.  Myself I though that was a little shady.

Like I said I support them, but it would sure be nice if they had an opt-out for the marketing.

I am already a life member thanks to one of our fellow TGOers offering this last year. It is a great deal and it supports an organization who we are really going need during Obama's second term. Thanks for posting.

No, thee times this year they sent me some kinf of firearm training DVDs.  I was going to just throw them away but I opened one and it said if I dont mail them back within 10 days they will keep sending me the series and bill me for them.  Myself I though that was a little shady.

Like I said I support them, but it would sure be nice if they had an opt-out for the marketing.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

• Like 3

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Called them a while back when I got the first set of DVDs, not sure on what the definition of 'significantly reduced' is.  My guess would be most of the stuff I get is from partners, since some of their numbers are not from the NRA even though it has NRA on them.  Its not really that big of a deal, the only thing that really annoyed me was the DVDs, kind of reminded me of the 'record' club' thing from the 70s :)

Maybe it takes a while to slow down, I'm going to send them an e-mail right now and see what happens.

Edited by KJ48

Called them a while back when I got the first set of DVDs, not sure on what the definition of 'significantly reduced' is.  My guess would be most of the stuff I get is from partners, since some of their numbers are not from the NRA even though it has NRA on them.  Its not really that big of a deal, the only thing that really annoyed me was the DVDs, kind of reminded me of the 'record' club' thing from the 70s :)

Maybe it takes a while to slow down, I'm going to send them an e-mail right now and see what happens.

According to the US Postal Service, you are under NO legal obligation to pay for ANY unsolicited merchandise. See the USPS FAQ regarding this issue here:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?session={a9580800-636d-11e2-ef62-000000000000}&event=1&view%28%29=c{35655520-77ba-11df-7334-000000000000}&objectId=&eksObjectId=&objectType=Case&isJumpEnabled=false&isContentJumpEnabled=false&vendorKey=&objTitle=&versionId=10143&searchProperties=type:natural&naturalAdvance=false&allStr=&phraseStr=&anyStr=&noneStr=&keywordStr=&tTitle=&topicFromSub=&topicsORSubUrl=&report%280000%29=p{2adbb220-28a9-11e0-5c1d-000000000000}&bcobjectId={2adbb220-28a9-11e0-5c1d-000000000000}&search=unsolicited&topicAndSubtopic=Sending%20Mail$ALL#Unwanted

On another note, I called the Tom Gresham-sponsored number listed above for the lifetime membership ($300). They gladly took my order,but did not want my current NRA member number, which I found strange. The lady I spoke with was a totally ditzy too. She said it would go into effect when my current annual membership ran out. She also asked which magazine I wanted, and I told her same as what I'm already getting.

So, if I start getting double issues of American Rifleman in the next month or two, or if I get a new membership packet, I guess I'll have to call the NRA directly to get the duplicate membership issue sorted out. I get the feeling that the folks at this number are merely  contracted order takers, and can't access current NRA member info.

We shall see.

Edited by tartanphantom

According to the US Postal Service, you are under NO legal obligation to pay for ANY unsolicited merchandise. See the USPS FAQ regarding this issue here:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view%28%29=c[c_usps11609]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded

On another note, I called the Tom Gresham-sponsored number listed above for the lifetime membership ($300). They gladly took my order,but did not want my current NRA member number, which I found strange. The lady I spoke with was a totally ditzy too. She said it would go into effect when my current annual membership ran out. She also asked which magazine I wanted, and I told her same as what I'm already getting.

So, if I start getting double issues of American Rifleman in the next month or two, or if I get a new membership packet, I guess I'll have to call the NRA directly to get the duplicate membership issue sorted out. I get the feeling that the folks at this number are merely  contracted order takers, and can't access current NRA member info.

We shall see.

Lat time I renewed they didnt ask for my membership number, just took my name, address and CC# and that was it.  When the new card came it had the old member number on it.

I mailed the DVDs back, legal or not I just didnt want the hassle of it. 

Guest Joshua__423

I called them and i agree about it being a little fishy but i guess we will find out when or if i receive a membership card. The lady said the reason for the low price was they were trying to get as many people involved as possible. We shall see i guess...

I called them and i agree about it being a little fishy but i guess we will find out when or if i receive a membership card. The lady said the reason for the low price was they were trying to get as many people involved as possible. We shall see i guess...

I'm not too worried. I'm a member of Gallating Gun Club, and they're offering a $300 deal too.

First, this deal is great, however for you loyalists I read on another forum these new donation phone numbers are from 3rd parties. Meaning the 3rd party is taking a slice of the pie before the NRA gets theirs. Just like at gun shows, join the NRA and get in free type thing. What you don't know is that the selling of the membership is through a 3rd party (gun show promoter). The promoter gets likely $10 for each member that is signed, so the promoter makes money and keeps it, the the NRA gets a water down donation. Nothing wrong with this practice, but my intention is for non-profits to get 100% of my donation, not 70% to the non-profit, and 30% to the business man opportunist. So no disrepect to the original posting, but I do want to become a life member, but I will call the traditional NRA number and wait the 40 min. Just my 2 cents.

• Administrator

First, this deal is great, however for you loyalists I read on another forum these new donation phone numbers are from 3rd parties. Meaning the 3rd party is taking a slice of the pie before the NRA gets theirs. Just like at gun shows, join the NRA and get in free type thing. What you don't know is that the selling of the membership is through a 3rd party (gun show promoter). The promoter gets likely $10 for each member that is signed, so the promoter makes money and keeps it, the the NRA gets a water down donation. Nothing wrong with this practice, but my intention is for non-profits to get 100% of my donation, not 70% to the non-profit, and 30% to the business man opportunist. So no disrepect to the original posting, but I do want to become a life member, but I will call the traditional NRA number and wait the 40 min. Just my 2 cents.

The problem I have with this claim is that you didn't back it up with any sort of link or facts.  Just an "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who read a web site while sitting on the toilet" statement.  Post some facts.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I paid for my nephews lifetime membership and they send him all kinds of things, including credit card offers, he's only 4. They're closed right now but I'll send them an email.

The problem I have with this claim is that you didn't back it up with any sort of link or facts.  Just an "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who read a web site while sitting on the toilet" statement.  Post some facts.

True. 
Another thought ... if I sign up through the NRA, I pay $1000, which the NRA gets all of. If I sign up through the promotion, maybe the NRA doesn't get all $300, but it frees me up to send the NRA-ILA (and other 2nd amendment groups) a much bigger donation. I'm sure in the current situation we are in, it looks good for the NRA to say "we have 'x' amount of people sign up for membership, AND 'y' amount of people donating."

You are 100% correct, I can not back up the claim regarding the Lifetime 3rd party 1-800 number.  However, one must ask themselves, though the NRA has a web site with a 1-800 number, why are there other numbers out there?  Obvious 3rd party line.  This is simple to confirm or deny, call the non-NRA web site 1-800 number, ask them if 100% of the proceeds go to the NRA, OR does the NRA pay any recruiting fee/bonus for each member signed?  If they can not answer, or provide an answer, I would like to know.

Regarding get into the gun show thing, I can state as a former gun business owner, I was a NRA recruiter as a retailer, and the NRA gave me a $10 finders fee for anyone that I signed up for the NRA.  Back then, yes I took advantage of every revenue stream.  Today, I am much wiser and much more informed, and I actually care more today.  That is all. 

Thank you for the challenge, I like that.

Edited by Runco