The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

Yes. The sheer volume of rounds fired...and no hits. And as Spots says, they can do running head shots though.

I'm also losing my desperation to see it. Have watched the last several as "catch up" with the On Demand menu.  

Maybe something really "eye popping" will happen to get my attention back. With apologies to the Govenor for that line.

Yes. The sheer volume of rounds fired...and no hits. And as Spots says, they can do running head shots though.

I'm also losing my desperation to see it. Have watched the last several as "catch up" with the On Demand menu.  

Maybe something really "eye popping" will happen to get my attention back. With apologies to the Govenor for that line.

As people of gun culture.. we'll never be able to see past those flaws. Also keep in mind that season two really only had 1 eyepopping episode. So far season three (by comparison) is much more action oriented.

I think i'm just bored with the human drama aspect. I want to see more survivors vs zombies.

Actually, the interpersonal relationships of the characters is one of the mainstays of interest for me. but even this has become somewhat lame of late, at least to me.

I have to agree that there seemed to be more 'chemistry' between the cast as a whole in the first, couple of seasons.  I'm wondering if the removal of some of the actors who played 'main characters' (not just the characters they portrayed but the actors, themselves) from the mix has damaged that chemistry.  For instance, I don't think they ever gave T-Dog enough to do but the shows 'chemistry' hasn't seemed as strong since IronE Singleton isn't among the regulars, anymore.  Of course, it could just be that strong chemistry between a cast is something that is difficult to maintain.

Honestly, I am ready for them to get out of the prison and, hopefully, leave the whole 'Rick is going nuts and seeing Lori everywhere' thing behind.  Not that I wouldn't expect all of the characters - including Rick - to slide ever closer to the edge.  Also, I would expect someone like the Rick character as he was portrayed in the first season to have a lingering sense of guilt not only over Lori but also Shane and everyone else who has been lost.  Still that, particular aspect (him seeing Lori everywhere) is getting on my nerves, already. 

One thing that I think has been lost is a sense of urgency.  Maybe that comes from trying to fill an entire season rather than (like the first season) trying to fit in a good story in just a half season but there really is simply too much 'filler'.  I don't consider character development to be 'filler', either - I also like that aspect - but rather than real 'development' it now seems like we are seeing the same character do the same thing over and over, every week.  I also get that the characters wouldn't still be quite as 'freaked out' by walkers and I actually like that, when out and about, they basically ignore walkers who aren't close enough to pose a threat.  Still, having them sit in a concrete bunker and squabble amongst themselves every week - even when there are walkers in the prison yard outside - is not very entertaining.  Honestly, that is probably how real people would act and may very well be how the human race would meet its demise but that doesn't mean it makes for good television.

Edited by JAB

I too am ready for something big to happen and again well said jab

What could be bigger and better than that view of Andrea's backside when she chickened out on slicing up the Govenor?

I gotta say she looks pretty healthy for having been lost in the wilds foraging for food with Michonne.

I think i'm just bored with the human drama aspect. I want to see more survivors vs zombies.

More zombie heads getting smashed, shot, stabbed, and removed would be cool. Knowing how dumb, slow, and clumsy zombies are does kind of make me realize that other humans are likely the bigger threat.

Looters, scavengers,thugs, and nuts trying to take what little I was able to scrape together and hang onto might worry me more. That doesn't mean the current level of human drama is as entertaining as zombie killing, though.

it's just way more interesting for me when the panic sets in, the zombies don't know reason and don't have motives. They just want to eat anything living. 

I can watch any show and get human drama....

Maybe if it would be different if I liked the governor as a villain. I don't see any type of motivation for his character besides just doing off the wall stuff and making angry faces.

Man, Are you all paid critics for the TV industry trying to takedown AMC's mega hit? They expended more ammo in the last episode than Arnold in "Commando". In fact the good group is low on ammo because of it. Sure very few rounds hit their mark. But if every shooter had been accurate they would need a whole new cast. And we learned how too de-jaw a Zombie.  

Okay, I have my spinning propeller hat firmly on my pointy little head now, so here goes...

Carl dropped that picture just inside the door on the way out. Zombies were stacked 3 deep at the cafe doors. How the hell am I supposed to buy Michonne getting in/out that quick w/out a scratch to fetch that photo? My wife even called bovine scattology on that one and this is her first episode.

...I feel better now.

Not sure what hat (crooked halo, maybe?) to say this, but...

Not picking up the backpacker was nearly evil. Stupid at bare minimum. Almost as dumb as kicking the group out of the prison.

We're about a year into the apocalypse. Passing him by would be a very realistic thing. Yes, they could use all the good people they can get, but they were on their way out to get supplies. Hardly a good time to pickup a stranger and risk getting murdered and robbed. Maybe they would have helped if they were on the way back. Lock him in a prison cell until you figure out what to do with him. I don't know....

They said on Talking Dead tonight that one of the themes this season is "you can't survive alone". Morgan being alone went crazy, the hispanic family on the bridge wasn't doing too hot on their own, and now backpacker guy.

How the hell am I supposed to buy Michonne getting in/out that quick w/out a scratch to fetch that photo?

Michonne is that good.   She has ninja skills and snuck in and got the pic.  Seriously she is that good.

I think his might have been the best episode they have ever done.  Resolving Morgan was tremendous.

It is the first episode in a while that did not remind me of watching WWF

Guest RevScottie

I guess in retrospect, if the backpacker couldn't avoid a few zombies in the middle of nowhere, he wouldn't have been much help.

That and he wasn't smart enough to find a vehicle to drive or maybe he was just trying to be green :)