The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

I still like the show but I also commented on the fact that, for someone who can make running headshots on zombies with a handgun, Rick seems to suck at shooting a rifle with optics.

Daryl is still my favorite character but I have to say that Carl - who I found annoying in the first season and most of the second - is moving into a close second.  The actor who plays him does a great job, IMO, for so young a guy.  He has the empty-eyed thousand yard stare down and that would have to be a difficult thing for even an adult actor to pull off.  I think he does it better than Andrew Lincoln, in fact.

Also, I agree that Rick's little trip to crazy town is going to have to end.  It only worked with the Shane character because it was fairly short lived and then he was killed off.  A main character - even the leader of the group - being a little bit 'off' may be interesting but there is a difference between being a little 'off' and chasing shadows through zombie-infested forests or endandering the group by waving a gun around at something only he can see.  It would also make perfect sense in such a post-apocalyptic world that a lot of folks wouldn't be all that mentally stable.  Rick being outright bat guano crazy, however, is getting old - quickly.  The others have been through some crap, too, but only Rick and Shane are driven nuts because of it?  Hell, Carl had to watch his baby sister getting cut out of his mom's belly with a pocket knife, see his mom die and then put a bullet into his own mother's head.  Further, his dad might as well be dead for all the good he is doing as a parent and Carl has to worry about his baby sister because Rick can't seem to pull it together enough to do so but still - while the Carl character is obviously 'on edge' a lot of the time - he hasn't lost it.  It is a little ironic that the only folks in the group that have gone nuts on a semi-long term basis were the two cops.

Of course, I guess that there is always another possibility.  In a world where zombies exist I suppose ghosts could be real, too.  Maybe Lori really is there.  If that is the case, though, I think it would totally ruin the show.  I don't mind ghosts on some shows but such a thing would really be out of place on this one.

Edited by JAB

how do you know it was a woman?

Hips, tits, small size.  I don't think the identity of the driver is a plot point of anykind.  There are no missing women on the show that I am aware of since Sophia was found.  Andrea, Michonne, the sisters, Carol...they were all accounted for.  The driver was too big to be Judith.

I think I am losing interest in the show too.  I wasn't interested in the prison/governor angle in the comic, so I guess it is natural that I don't care so much on the show.

I am digging on "The Americans" and "The Following" right now...just waiting on "Breaking Bad" to return for its last few episodes.

Guest nra37922

Andrea seems to gravitate toward the 'bad' boys but what the heck she is trying to stay alive.   That said, I really hope things pick up as the show is betting a bit stale.

Guest RevScottie

Either the Walking Dead writers are very clever and leaving hints of things to come or they are being careless and leaving gaping plot holes. Earlier this season someone brought a dear carcass into the prison. It wasnt the prisoner who Rick exiled to the roof because they had tatoos on their arms so who was it? Someone has been watching from the woods, who is that? I'm not sure that the "Zombie Delivery Truck" was part of the Governors plan because of the timing of its arrival. The Governor had an odd look on his face when it arrived like wow that is cool why didn't I think of that. Where did the truck driver with the long blonde hair go? Is he or she still inside the compound? What about the sniper they shot in the tower? They didn't even go check that person's identity. Is the sniper dead? If they are dead and it wasn't a head shot do we now have a zombie in the tower?

Either the Walking Dead writers are very clever and leaving hints of things to come or they are being careless and leaving gaping plot holes. Earlier this season someone brought a dear carcass into the prison. It wasnt the prisoner who Rick exiled to the roof because they had tatoos on their arms so who was it? Someone has been watching from the woods, who is that? I'm not sure that the "Zombie Delivery Truck" was part of the Governors plan because of the timing of its arrival. The Governor had an odd look on his face when it arrived like wow that is cool why didn't I think of that. Where did the truck driver with the long blonde hair go? Is he or she still inside the compound? What about the sniper they shot in the tower? They didn't even go check that person's identity. Is the sniper dead? If they are dead and it wasn't a head shot do we now have a zombie in the tower?

I was so hoping it was gonna be a tank. I guess the writers are saving up for the final showdown though. I too hope things pick up soon. I've actually found myself starting to look forward to The Americans more than the Walking Dead the past few weeks.

• Like 1
Guest CelebrityTopShot

Just getting in on this conversation so gripes may have already been posted....Was it just me or did the Governor look like he didn't know the van with the zombie countermeasure was coming? And he makes a headshotMy eye rolling started with everyone running by all the M4s and military hardware outside the CDC to hang on to pump shotguns and bolt guns.....and, was it  Dale who had the high ground atop the camper on the interstate...could see for miles...and all of a sudden a gaggle of walkers was right on top of them? And, that filing cabinet drawer stopped the rounds from popping Maggie in the melon..come on!

The deer carcass guy was the lone prisoner that Rick threw out to the walkers. The character's name was "Andrew". Oscar killed him at the end of "Killer Within" down in the generator room. The one watching from the woods was also Andrew, since that camera shot stopped being used after they killed him and it was associated with the one who left the deer carcass. It was discussed in one of The Talking Dead aftershows, IIRC. If there was a tattoo insconsistency, it was just a goof, not a plot line.

The sniper in the watchtower is dead. Headshot. They showed it in slow-mo on The Talking Dead during their "In Memoriam" bit.

The zombie-wagon was the Gov's.

3.5 is slow....This last epipsode did nothing much to move the story along.

I'm still trying to figure out their transportation choices. It's the end of the world and the best things they can find are a 1996 Dodge Ram, a Hyundai Tucson, and Dale's old broke-down POS Winnebago? Looks like it finally bites them in the next episode. Tallahassee had the right idea....

• Like 1

Anyone talked about how the Govs eye patch changes sides constantly

The scene with the match was filmed looking at a mirror. I don't recall any other places where it was on the wrong side although there could be.