I scored at Wally World today. Here's how.

I am so tired of going to Walmart and finding the shelves empty of ammo. There are 4 Walmarts that I go to. I got so fed up that I went to Gander Mountain and bought their over priced ammo.  Then I had a hunch. I have been going to the same Walmarts has the hoarders. So I picked a Walmart in the roughest most gang infested part of town. A place the hoarder would not go and I scored big. They had 4 100rds boxes of WWB in 45acp, which I bought two and left two for the next guy, I also bought a box of 380, 357 and 38sp +P. The prices were outstanding.

40 cents a round for 45acp. They did not have any 9mm.

I do not hoard ammo I keep a few hundred rounds of each caliber and that's it.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that a few weeks ago and 'scored' a few boxes.   I was pretty excited to see quite a bit of ammo at this Walmart; the Walmart girl was still putting stickers on the boxes.  It was 1pm so I was on my lunch break and wasn't carrying since I was at work  (Nolensville & Harding).

Right before I made my purchase, 2 shady looking guys were trying to buy some boxes of ammo too.  The cashier asked for their ID and they didn't want to show it, they looked upset and when I went to the line to pay, they started to ask me if I CAN BUY IT FOR THEM!  Well, I declined and they looked visibly upset. 

While I was telling the lady what I wanted to buy, a group of 3 or 4 ghetto girls were looking at me very suspiciously ("why would he buy that much ammo" - I think they were thinking).  As I finished the transaction, another guy who just bought ammo but hung around the ammo area started making small talk.  I'm trying to not make any judgment calls but he had blood shot eyes and wasn't making a lot of sense.

And then He FOLLOWED me as I left, started to ask me what i gun I use to shot the ammo, etc.  I tried to make myself scarce but he kept right on me.  I finally 'pretended' I had a prescription to pick up and wasn't going to wait, he then left.  I counted to 10, and then made a run to my car (still aware of the 2 ghetto looking guys who wanted me to buy ammo for them).

As soon as I got into my car, I locked it and sped out.  Whew, I never had to work so hard for a few boxes of 9mm. 

Edited by vujade

I did that a few weeks ago and 'scored' a few boxes.   I was pretty excited to see quite a bit of ammo at this Walmart; the Walmart girl was still putting stickers on the boxes.  It was 1pm so I was on my lunch break and wasn't carrying since I was at work  (Nolensville & Harding).

Right before I made my purchase, 2 shady looking guys were trying to buy some boxes of ammo too.  The cashier asked for their ID and they didn't want to show it, they looked upset and when I went to the line to pay, they started to ask me if I CAN BUY IT FOR THEM!  Well, I declined and they looked visibly upset. 

While I was telling the lady what I wanted to buy, a group of 3 or 4 ghetto girls were looking at me very suspiciously ("why would he buy that much ammo" - I think they were thinking).  As I finished the transaction, another guy who just bought ammo but hung around the ammo area started making small talk.  I'm trying to not make any judgment calls but he had blood shot eyes and wasn't making a lot of sense.

And then He FOLLOWED me as I left, started to ask me what i gun I use to shot the ammo, etc.  I tried to make myself scarce but he kept right on me.  I finally 'pretended' I had a prescription to pick up and wasn't going to wait, he then left.  I counted to 10, and then made a run to my car (still aware of the 2 ghetto looking guys who wanted me to buy ammo for them).

As soon as I got into my car, I locked it and sped out.  Whew, I never had to work so hard for a few boxes of 9mm. 

Sounds like some of that ammo might be necessary to survive your next trip to Walmart!!!

Glad you got fortunate. I gave up a while back and if I'm in a Wallyword, and if they have some .44mag or .357 mag, I'll go for it.

Otherwise, I'm up to around 4000 rds of my 5.56 loads, about 2000 .45acp, same in 9mm. I quit relying on others for my ammo.

It's good to see some ammo trickling back through, though.

When I get a few more rounds of some other calibers stuck back, I may just sell my Hornady and let another have a hand

in reloading. It's definitely worth it. Because I doubt I'll ever fire that many rounds in my lifetime. :D

He's only been talking about it for the past couple of years.  :lol:

Now that you have the ammo, you need the gun Erik.

It's all about the $$$ my friend. Between saving to buy a house, preparing for the zombie apocalypse, saving for an engagement ring, and everything else the world throws at me it takes about every dollar I make! 

Spoken like a longtime married man. By the way, the Major has his priorities right. :rofl:

Hey Eric, have a particular 45 in mind?

Part of me would like an XDS because I liked the way it felt but every honest man needs a 1911 in his collection. I prefer the commander length so I may try to find a new Ruger 1911.

I sure do like the looks of the Kimbers the most but they don't have the best reputation. 

It's all about the $$$ my friend. Between saving to buy a house, preparing for the zombie apocalypse, saving for an engagement ring, and everything else the world throws at me it takes about every dollar I make! 

You desperately need to join Bridegrooms Announomous.  When you get the urge to propose, you did out your membership card and call the emergency number.  They send two local members over to drink with you until the urge passes.

You can always find a wife, but these days it's getting harder to find a decent 1911 at  a reasonable price.  Without a wifey, you could afford  custom 1911s, a custom motorcycle, a red Corvette and date different good looking women whenever the urge strikes. 

I used to live very close to that WM - I didn't even shop at it! I preferring to drive further to the one at Bell road...

Part of me would like an XDS because I liked the way it felt but every honest man needs a 1911 in his collection. I prefer the commander length so I may try to find a new Ruger 1911.

I sure do like the looks of the Kimbers the most but they don't have the best reputation. 

Don't buy into the Kimber bashing too much.

I've had 5 without a problem. They may be a little tight for 2 -300 rounds, but I think that's a good thing. Just keep it WELL oiled.

They make and sell about 88,000 a year. Some are bound to have problems which they can rectify.

I also have a XDs from last June. I've only shot about 150 rounds with no issues. I would have shot more, but reloading those little 5 round mags is a PITA.