Danica Patrick wins 2013 Daytona Pole

runco

I am ready for the 2013 NASCAR season, watched the Sprint Unlimited (Bud Shootout) last night, and today we have some major news.  Congratulations Ms. Danica!  This is big news!  Still considered a rookie.  She sure has come along way from the days of being a that cute host on Spike TV for Powerblock.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8956961/danica-patrick-first-woman-win-daytona-500-pole

• Moderators

at least shes drives better than her boss makes commercials....the superbowl go daddy commercial was disgusting and vile.maybe go daddy will regain half a brain w her kicking ass in nascar....maybe.....

As someone who was a giant dork for the first 20 odd years of my life and still remains a moderate dork, I loved the commercial. Giggity!
  • Like 2

As someone who was a giant dork for the first 20 odd years of my life and still remains a moderate dork, I loved the commercial. Giggity!

A guy with a bare butt pin-up girl for an avatar says a Go Daddy commercial is vile.

Isn't it ironic?

• Like 3

The pole means nothing. I give her 2 minutes before she loses the lead.

she won't make it to turn 3 with the lead, not trying to knock her, she has a fast car and nobody wants the fast cars up front. Look at Kenseth saturday night.  It is good for the sport though, all pole jokes aside

Edited by hlb14

A guy with a bare butt pin-up girl for an avatar says a Go Daddy commercial is vile.

Isn't it ironic?

LOL cmon that kiss was nasty,i would have felt better if she flashed him,or if she threw him down in a sexy way,everyone deserves love but sorry that was a nasty kiss....it was the technique not the act that was vile,also made me wonder if the kid was even 18.... im sorry but i cant get the avatar to show more behind.....<eg>

Guest RevScottie

I don't think it's good for the sport. The only reason she gets the media coverage she does is becasue she is a woman. So far she has proven to be at best an average driver. Treat her as an equal and make her earn her way in just like everyone else.

I don't think it's good for the sport. The only reason she gets the media coverage she does is becasue she is a woman. So far she has proven to be at best an average driver. Treat her as an equal and make her earn her way in just like everyone else.

Danica brought in a lot of new fans to the IRL while she was there, just like Sarah Fisher did when she first started. She will do the same in NASCAR.  I don't see how bringing new fans to a sport is not good for that sport.  I will agree that she, right now, is at best an average driver.  There is one big difference though, she is an average driver that brings a whole lot of $$$ to the table.  In that respect she is no different than Paul Menard.

on the lighter side, just think, if she wins the race maybe she will kiss the trophy girl!

Edited by hlb14
Guest RevScottie

I don't know that she brings that many fans to the sport. Female fans of the sport tend to be on the conservative side and most of them absolutely loathe the Go Daddy Girl and what she represents. While Danica may bring some curiosity to the sport i don't think it will have a long term positive impact.

I hope she does win.  At least then maybe she'll deserve half the attention she gets.  As has been stated, she's proven to be a mediocre race car driver at best.  Shows how far a little T&A will get you. 

As for being better for the sport...   you mean better for the entertainment.  NASCAR hasn't been a sport since the early '90's. 

Guest RevScottie

I hope she does win.  At least then maybe she'll deserve half the attention she gets.  As has been stated, she's proven to be a mediocre race car driver at best.  Shows how far a little T&A will get you. 

As for being better for the sport...   you mean better for the entertainment.  NASCAR hasn't been a sport since the early '90's. 

^Exactly!

NASCAR has become too focused on nonsense gimmicks and has lost all respect for the tracks and fans that put it where it is. All of the fan voting and App nonsense during the Sprint Unimited was ridiculous. Log in and vote on Ms Sprint Cup's firesuit? Really?

I stopped watching NAPCAR when they changed the tire compounds in the late 90's I mean you really expect me to believe that any 20 year old is a better race car driver than Jeff Burton, Gordon, JR, Stewart or any of these cats that have been driving for years? It's all about the car now, driving skill means squat. Davey Allson is rolling over in his grave at the new WWN.

Hell I used to at least go to the Bristol night race every year....but the chase has ruined that. They are scared to breathe on each other.