letter from sherriff today

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
I don't care if any tom dick or harry can get that list.

Why they want the list is what concerns me.

And besides any time someone acquires the HCP roster it seems it causes a stink on a message board somewhere.

So maybe I should acquire the list to out people with.

I think you should write him back, and thank him for the reminder...let him know you will hang it on your fridge so you dont forget in three years....

oh, and dont forget to also let him know, you will use his opponents capaign fridge magnet to hang it, and that you will see him at the polls. :D

One more thing.....save a tree, use the same letter, just write on the back of it. :)

Guest canynracer
You just won't learn. No liquids around the computer while mars is on duty.:)

that one was completley off guard...lol...he got me good there...

• Administrator

#5 I could give flying crap if his department is supportive of the HCP. Having an HCP is defined by state law and his department really has no say over it. Thank me for being a participant???? *u*k you Jimmy!

I've come to learn that it is rather nice when your local CLEO is supportive of citizen gun rights. Smyrna PD is very fortunate to have a Chief of Police who is a 2A supporter and encourages citizens to take responsibility for their own safety and get their HCP.

We see too many media accounts of LE agencies where the CLEO or other high ranking public officials are not supportive of this at all. Remember what happened to the gun owners in New Orleans? Wasn't it you that got dicked pretty hard by a non-friendly agency when the police happened to find a relative's gun in your truck? Could that situation have maybe gone a little better of the head honcho was a little more understanding?

Yeah, I'm thinking it's nice to have a CLEO who is a gun guy. Even if he is just politicking. It makes it easier to talk apples to apples with them.

:)

Wasn't it you that got dicked pretty hard by a non-friendly agency when the police happened to find a relative's gun in your truck?

yep it was me

Could that situation have maybe gone a little better of the head honcho was a little more understanding?

Same person is still the sheriff now as then

So I really do wonder where he stands, is this electioneering? or is it real?

Guest TheBulldog
I am not sure how I feel about this.

I recieved a letter from the Knox County Sheriff, Jimmy JJ Jones today.

Here is the body of the letter.

Couple of things bother me here.

#1 Why is the sheriff using my tax dollars to mail this crap out? Fancy two color letterhead on watermarked stock. Matching envelope. Not cheap.

#2 Why does the sheriff have access to the entire HCP database? I have committed no crime. Why is he searching me out?

#3 As he has access to the database he obviously knows mine does not expire until June of 2011. So why is he reminding me of an event to take place 3 years down the road?

#4 Is this merely a ploy to appear a good guy? I believe he is on the ballot this fall.

#5 I could give flying crap if his department is supportive of the HCP. Having an HCP is defined by state law and his department really has no say over it. Thank me for being a participant???? *u*k you Jimmy!

#6 I have not forgiven his department for how I was personally mis-treated last summer when mistakenly arrested and subsequently having charges dismissed. So he can take a flying leap at a rolling do-nut.:mad:

Maybe my tin foil hat :tinfoil:is screwed on too tight, but this has pissed me off.

I am sure next will come a plea to donate to his re-election. Let him hold his breath for that to happen.

I think it is just his way to get the paperwork moved since the the Department of Safety is so darn slow.

He probably gets TONS of calls about permits all week long with POed people blaming him for the Lack of their permit.

I would take this as him looking out for you, he did not have to do it.

So you know, Every Leo in the country KNOWS that you have a permit and have access to the database since it is tied to your drivers license number and every vehicle tag YOU OWN.

why would the sheriff get calls about carry permits? He does not issue them.

I am pretty sure this is about the upcoming election. I am not sure anyone in Knox will vote for an incumbent after what has gone on here and is still going on in local politics. I am guessing he is sweating his job.

I heard today... I am not sure if it is true... that Knox co. has more HCP holders than any other co. in the state.

Well, its been over 27 hours since you posted this and I didn't see where any one else got a letter...

Maybe it's just his way of saying "sorry" and "I support you":D

Or maybe it's just his way of saying "I still remember you" and "I still know where you live":tinfoil:

Could have been worse.

Dear Handgun <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City>Carry</st1:City> Recipient:

As you know, The Knox County Sheriff's Office is very supportive of the State of <st1:State>Tennessee Handgun Permit Program</st1:State> and thank you for being a participant in the past. Lets see, not counting today how long have you had your permit?

This is a reminder under State Law your Handgun Carry Permit does have an expiration date. If you miss your expiration date, you will have to re-certify. Please don’t waste your time because you don’t have a snowballs chance in hell.

I personally remember you from your fiasco last year and your subsequent (and continuing) bad mouthing of everyone involved.

If you have any questions please feel free to call our office at 971-3901

Sincerly,

Jimmy "J.J." Jones

Sheriff

Guest Boomhower
so did no one else from Knox get this letter?

I didn't get one......

....and I don't blame you one bit for still being ill at the way you were mistreated.

Guest ProguninTN
Every Leo in the country KNOWS that you have a permit and have access to the database since it is tied to your drivers license number and every vehicle tag YOU OWN.

Not entirely correct. It does show up when the DL is run, but not when tags are run. (I know from experience, having previously been a dispatcher.) Also, attaching HCP info to the tag would not make sense...the registered owner is not necessarily going to be the driver.

Guest 270win

The Knox county sheriff is probably glad he doesn't have to fool with issuing handgun carry permits anymore. I do not know if the sheriff handles armed guard licenses or if that is handled by the state also.

Guest ProguninTN
The Knox county sheriff is probably glad he doesn't have to fool with issuing handgun carry permits anymore. I do not know if the sheriff handles armed guard licenses or if that is handled by the state also.

No. Armed Guard license are issued by the State Dept. of Commerce and Insurance. Some people around here have them in addition to HCP's. :rolleyes:

Guest Boonie
I am not sure how I feel about this.

I recieved a letter from the Knox County Sheriff, Jimmy JJ Jones today.

Here is the body of the letter.

Couple of things bother me here.

#1 Why is the sheriff using my tax dollars to mail this crap out? Fancy two color letterhead on watermarked stock. Matching envelope. Not cheap.

#2 Why does the sheriff have access to the entire HCP database? I have committed no crime. Why is he searching me out?

#3 As he has access to the database he obviously knows mine does not expire until June of 2011. So why is he reminding me of an event to take place 3 years down the road?

#4 Is this merely a ploy to appear a good guy? I believe he is on the ballot this fall.

#6 I have not forgiven his department for how I was personally mis-treated last summer when mistakenly arrested and subsequently having charges dismissed. So he can take a flying leap at a rolling do-nut.:tinfoil:

Maybe my tin foil hat :tinfoil:is screwed on too tight, but this has pissed me off.

I am sure next will come a plea to donate to his re-election. Let him hold his breath for that to happen.

send the letter back to him after you wipe your a** with it :panic:. it would piss me off also why does the good guy always get crapped on in this world.

Guest clownsdd
Oh, I am sure that is really the bottom line. Bastards they are. All of them.

No doubt they know I drive past the jail twice daily taunting and mocking them on every pass.

Dude you need to chill and get over it...I hope you weren't carrying when you did that.

I think you should write him back, and thank him for the reminder...let him know you will hang it on your fridge so you dont forget in three years....

oh, and dont forget to also let him know, you will use his opponents capaign fridge magnet to hang it, and that you will see him at the polls. :D

One more thing.....save a tree, use the same letter, just write on the back of it. :lol:

Dude! Thats oxymoronic!

How could he put it on his fridge if he sends it back to him? :drama:

It was a joke, you would have to meet Mike to understand.

Ill take my chances of not understanding his jokes if it means I dont have to meet him!:love:

I got a letter from J.J. last week, wasn't about my HCP renewal, which is in August but has already been sent in. I wondered though.

Dude you need to chill and get over it...I hope you weren't carrying when you did that.

not sure what you mean but i suppose I am over it. I was not carrying when arrested, but yes carrying when I drive past the jail taunting and mocking.

It was a joke,

LOL, Yes

if it means I dont have to meet him!

I am gonna start saving to pay for the gas to drive down to Chattanooga. I am sure I can find you. :drama: then you will see how funny my jokes are :love:

<!-- / message -->

Guest db99wj

I am gonna start saving to pay for the gas to drive down to Chattanooga. I am sure I can find you. :D then you will see how funny my jokes are :)

<!-- / message -->

laughing017.gif

After school, on the playground, at the jungle gym!