.22lr ammo prices are high in Tennessee:)

Haven't been to a gun show since July or so. Even then it didn't take a mathematician to realize there were no deals to be had. Better to scour the TGO classifieds and hell, hit up Guns and Leather or the Nashville Armory. You could get guns brand new for what most people were asking for their crap that had " just a little wear".

I do need a jar of crack on a cracker though, do those guys still show up?

I gave away over a 1200 rds in the last couple of weeks to several of fellas, I had no idea I that I was throwing away 300 bucks, don't tell the wife...shhhhhhh..... 

you are a true gentleman, a credit to TGO and a fine all round fellow.

Guest ThePunisher

There are a lot of fools in this country.  Of course, we all figured that out on Nov. 7th, 2012.  Now what we learned, is just being reinforced!

I thought it was November of 2008 that we found out how many fools are in the country.

i just saw a 400 dollar 10-22.   dafuq

Would it make me a jackass to post my estate auction bought,near stock, 10/22 carbine on there for $500, just to see if anyone is stupid enough to buy it? I mean seriously if someone's really that dumb, would it be bad? Anyone with any sense at all wouldn't buy it and stupid people play the lottery and waste money on other stuff and it's ok, it's just a "stupid tax." Then again I think maybe someone that dumb shouldn't own guns although idiots have rights too. Of course probably only the ATF would pay that for one. And I don't want to sell it because, even being pretty much all stock, it's squirell strychnine.

• Like 1

About four weeks ago I started lookin for a 10/22 takedown or reg in wood/synth stock. I haven't really bought anything since an sr40c in late nov so I was surprised to see the "great plinker used under $200" goin for 300-500+ and nothing but multi color pipe cleaners to manually blow out the barrel available. Dudes seriously I work, I can't go creepin in walmart every 16 hours looking for fresh shipments. It really drove home just how absurd things have gotten. I just wanted a nice lil ol survival rifle & ye know maybe a thousand rounds for under 500 but nevermind nice things I can't even have that.

Edited by zapfbroad

Would it make me a jackass to post my estate auction bought,near stock, 10/22 carbine on there for $500, just to see if anyone is stupid enough to buy it? I mean seriously if someone's really that dumb, would it be bad? Anyone with any sense at all wouldn't buy it and stupid people play the lottery and waste money on other stuff and it's ok, it's just a "stupid tax." Then again I think maybe someone that dumb shouldn't own guns although idiots have rights too. Of course probably only the ATF would pay that for one. And I don't want to sell it because, even being pretty much all stock, it's squirell strychnine.

Not trying to tell you what to do. It's your gun and choice. But..take into account some of the comments here about the long memory of these guys in relation to percieved "gouging."

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

theres a ar15 .22 conversion with one magazine on armslist for $400... People think everything they have has now doubled in value

Some guy just emailed me about an armslist ad for my ruger I forgot to deactivate. He wanted to trade a mossberg 715t for a mini 30..

Alamo Ammo had the Winchester and Remington 550 bricks I paid $17 for just a few month ago for get this........$249.00  I sent them an email and said I was marking them off of my list for any ammo.  I also said Congratulations!!! those prices were making the rounds on the gun forums and they were the laughing stock of the web..."  So far no reply.

Had to edit this....I guess they'll have the last laugh on me.  I just went back and they had Federal, Winchester and Remington 550 Bricks all for $249 EACH BRICK........now they only have Winchester!!! 

I'm amazed.  You can buy a brand new Ruger 10/22 for less than that on Gunbroker no less.

It's funny that you mention the price of a new rifle being less than ammo. Sounds a lot like Inkjet printers and thier cartridges! Who'd a thunk that guns would ever reach that point. (Sigh)