TSA lightens restrictions on pocket knives, pool cues, golf clubs, lacrosse sticks.

Not really sure where these people come up with this stuff?  As of April 2013 passengers may carry a pocket knife as long as the blade is less than 2.36 inches long.  The provision also allows the carry on of base ball bats that meet the criteria, pool cues, lacrosse sticks, and golf clubs.  Golf clubs are limited to 2 per passenger so I'm not really sure what the point is here.  I think an airplane is about as sterile of an environment that you can get.  An airplane is about the only gun free zone I feel safe in.  Not sure about these rules though.  It looks to me like some of these items could compromise safety.  I say either no golf clubs or I get to carry on my Glock, I don't care for this half ass stuff.

Sorry for the CNN link, I saw a news report on TV this morning and CNN was the first article that popped up when I searched.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/travel/tsa-carry-on-changes/index.html?npt=NP1

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Im 27 yrs old and havent been flying long enough to remember, but some of you may have been flying alot longer than i have and know. This thread got me to wandering, have you ever been able to conceal carry on a plane? In the history of commercial jet traveling? If so when did they put an end to it?

I may get some frowned brows at this, but on an airplane is THE ONE place were i would feel uncomfortable knowing there were multiple guns on board. Cause there is no way out. If something happens to the pilot and copilot, you are doomed, your life and everybody else's is quite literally in those two guys hands up there. I would constantly be on guard preparing for some nut job to try to do something stupid. So hate me or not, thats the ONE AND ONLY gun free zone i agree on

Im 27 yrs old and havent been flying long enough to remember, but some of you may have been flying alot longer than i have and know. This thread got me to wandering, have you ever been able to conceal carry on a plane? In the history of commercial jet traveling?...

Sure, back at least through the 60's there wasn't really any security to speak of at all. You could carry on anything you could conceal, whether it was actually legal or not.

I think the first actual searches and metal detectors didn't start until after D.B. Cooper and other skyjackings in the early 70's. First Sky Marshal program started way back then too under Nixon admin.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot