Pope Francis?

Raoul

That is obviously the extreme end and not what I am saying at all. I'm saying believing in God only as an insurance policy against going to hell is not what she expects of us.

A feller can only truly believe what he truly believes. If the Christian god can't see through that he sure ain't living up to his reputation. ;)

- OS

• Like 2

A feller can only truly believe what he truly believes. If the Christian god can't see through that he sure ain't living up to his reputation. ;)

- OS

No, He fully understands what everyone believes.  But that doesn't necessarily mean He agrees.

Thought this thread was about the new Pope, anyway I don't know much about the Pope, but I hope he's not going to continue the tradition of being a massive wuss with regards to how the Church has been "sucking up" to muslims like they've been doing for the last 20 years or so.

I'd like to see one with enough hutzbah to call for another holy crusade & burn every mosque they come across

Thought this thread was about the new Pope, anyway...

I'd like to see one with enough hutzbah to call for another holy crusade & burn every mosque they come across

Response deleted.

Nevermind...

Edited by TN-popo

Perhaps we should start with helping the sick and suffering, then see where it goes from there...

• Like 2

Perhaps we should start with helping the sick and suffering, then see where it goes from there...

I don't see how ignoring the problem is going to stop the spread of the worlds fastest growing religion, one which is extremely hostile to all others, parts of Europe aren't hardly even recognizable any more, it has even spread into the south Pacific, we didn't ignore the spread of communism, we shouldn't ignore the spread of islam.

It is just as dangerous if not moreso, for thousands of years they've killed & killed million(s) of infidels, but for some odd reason these days they are "the religion of Peace".

Yea, let's pretend that it's only a hand-full of "bad ones" & that if we are just nice to them, they will stop killing us ... dee de dee.

As a back sliding Methodist, I don't have much to say, but as a student of history and an animal lover, I like that the new pope is named after St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals. I explained this to my dogs and I think it made them happy.

• Like 1

It is just as dangerous if not moreso, for thousands of years they've killed & killed million(s) of infidels, but for some odd reason these days they are "the religion of Peace".

You'll have to be more specific. :)

• Like 1

... we shouldn't ignore the spread of islam.

Um, Islam is only about 1400 years old.

Course historically, they're still relative amateurs compared to the Catholics and other Christians who killed more heretics and pagans, even managing to eradicate many entire cultures in the New World.

- OS

• Like 1

Course historically, they're still relative amateurs compared to the Catholics and other Christians who killed more heretics and pagans, even managing to eradicate many entire cultures in the New World.

- OS

There you go again bringing facts into an emotional discussion. 

• Like 1
Nothing emotional about it, it's math, iffin' you think 1 billion muslims are problematic now ... just wait until their numbers double to over 2 billion by 2030, which for those of you who aren't very good at math is equal to twice as many of em, in only a few short years.

Article from Time Magazine: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/27/2-2-billion-worlds-muslim-population-doubles/

...It is just as dangerous if not moreso, for thousands of years they've killed & killed million(s)...

....... just wait until their numbers double to over 2 billion by 2030, which for those of you who aren't very good at math is equal to twice as many of em, in only a few short years.

So will they have been killing for thousands of years by 2030? Just trying to understand the math, 'cause I'm not as good at it as you. ;)

Anyway, back to the Pope, eh?

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot