Picked up something cool today

Got his nice display of 22lr ammo today traded some other ammo for it. Some of it has 1cent TN tax stamps on it. Any way thought it was kind of cool. Makes a neat display.

26983427-33F5-4EFB-A368-D8EF23F9955F-387

Jason.

Excellent find! I have no clue if its worth anything or not but I would hang it in my living room! Color me envious!

I just liked them don't know what they are worth if much of any thing. Just looking at them I think the Remington hi speed kleanbore one's may be the oldest. They do not even have the keep out of reach of children warning on them but I am not sure. I remember shooting some of the different boxes too guess it was just the memories of out shooting a 22 with dad or grandpa that drew me to them.

The big silver box Winchester is a box of the old crimp style rat shot.

There is a box brown on top Charels Daly. Have never saw them before.

Just thought they were interesting.

Jason Edited by Jason in TN

I have a full box of Peters that I scored from my father in law. Interestingly, he never owned a .22 over the years I knew him, they could date back quite a way.

I actually bought a new box of Peters maybe a year ago from Sportsman's Warehouse in 'Nooga. Dunno if it was sort of a commemorative issue or what, as hadn't seen it used as brand for many many years from Remington. Next trip, 'bout 7 weeks later, no more, and never seen again. 40gr. lead roundnose, says "Peters Cartridge Division, Remington Arms Company". $19.99 which I considered a bit high at the time; sigh, those were the days.

Nifty collection by the way!

peters22.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I've been busy cleaning out the garden tool sheds at my father in law's after he passed away a few months ago. He was a career Navy pilot. Yesterday I came across a metal suitcase full of survival related stuff, including some .38 spl cartridges, both loose in a cloth bag and an unopened box. Hard to say what the vintage is, he flew from WWII (Iwo Jima and Okinawa) through Viet Nam. The cartridge box looks at least as old as I am (57).  Also some other neat items ie: signal mirrors with crosshair sight hole, bolo knife, fighting/survival knife, liferaft "tablet" rations and a single page Malaysian language dictionary.