Best Burger in Tennessee

5 guys and fries. on West end and 21st in Nashville. Killer fries too!! WOW!

+1 Pretty amazing burgers and killer fries...just be careful...dont order a large fry unless you plan on sharing with at least 2 other people...they really LOAD YOU DOWN!

Next time you plan on grilling a burger for yourself soak it in DALE's Seasoning (like Worshestire but better) for about 2 hours prior to cooking covered in the fridge....so far I have found no equal...I usually do 80/20 or 75/15 for flavor the 93/7 is just too lean.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy

A friend of mine had told me that 5 Guys was pretty good - she was referring to one of their locations in Chattanooga. Sounds like the quality is holding steady here in Nashville as well.

You know, I don't think anyone has mentioned one of the best part of the Rotiers' burgers.. you can get them on French bread buns.

Back before the Market Street Pub reinvented itself and became a McFadden's Pub, I really enjoyed their hamburgers. They were the best on 2nd Ave (grin) and not that far behind some of these other selections. Unfortunately, a menu change accompanied the name change, prices went up, my favorite server there called it quits.. and I've rarely found any need to go back in.

Guest sling

There used to be this little mountain mart on top of Monteagle mountain (Jasper side) that had the best "mountain burgers" you've ever had. THe place was a huge hole in the wall joint that got closed all the time for health code violations (and was finally closed for good) but damn they were good. Some of the best places i've been to have been closed for health code violations. B)

There are a few places in Chicago that come to mind.

There used to be this little mountain mart on top of Monteagle mountain (Jasper side) that had the best "mountain burgers" you've ever had. THe place was a huge hole in the wall joint that got closed all the time for health code violations (and was finally closed for good) but damn they were good. Some of the best places i've been to have been closed for health code violations. :tinfoil:

There are a few places in Chicago that come to mind.

Thats what makes them taste better...its like one of my friends said...if they score better then an 85% im not eating there because they are concentrating too much on the cleaning and not on the food B)

Guest canynracer

Thats why I eat the breakfast burrito's off the "roach coach"...damn they are good...although I havent found one since I moved to TN.....but I need too....

Guest slothful1
J and C Quick Stop on the corner of 4th,and 34th in Chatt! Its a little hole in the wall deli that looks horrible but damn are they good!

They also have bologna burgers that are killer!

That's it -- I was just guessing when I said 37th street... I knew it was down in the projects.

Rotier's in Nashville gets my vote but there is a place in Fayetteville, TN on the square that has a great burger but I don't remember the name. Only been there once and my memory aint what it usde to be.

This is a tough thread to be reading while I'm still tryin to loose weight!

B)

That's it -- I was just guessing when I said 37th street... I knew it was down in the projects.

I didn't even see your post until now.

There is another place off of Cherokee Blvd called North River Corner market that is almost the same as a J&C.The burgers are not quite as good but the place is a little cleaner,and in a little better neighborhood!

Some of you guys may enjoy the http://www.roadfood.com forums. It's great to browse around the forums or restaurant reviews to find places in your area or before a vacation. Apparently there is a place in Chattanooga called Zarzour's that keeps getting mentioned as having amazing burgers. However, it's going to be tough to beat Rotier's, at least IMHO.

Guest Glknknox

Vic and Bills.

Never understood why people think so much of Littons, over priced food, and the burgers aren't that great, just bigger than the avereage one.

However, it's going to be tough to beat Rotier's, at least IMHO.

+1 Rotiers has great burgers.

20 years ago The Tennessean Truckstop at exit 22 on I-65 had great burgers. Dad and I would stop there and grab a burger whenever we were heading down to fish the Tennessee River in Decatur, AL.

Vic and Bills.

When they were on Cumberland. And still today!

Never understood why people think so much of Littons, over priced food, and the burgers aren't that great, just bigger than the average one.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Guest FroggyOne2

I know where there is a great cheeseburger.. there is only one problem.. you have to go to Brushy Mtn State Pen to get it!!!!! :screwy:

Guest JavaGuy
I know where there is a great cheeseburger.. there is only one problem.. you have to go to Brushy Mtn State Pen to get it!!!!! :screwy:

I think I'll give that one a pass.

Guest Verbal Kint
I also like a good fur burger now and then

:doh:

I'm not suprised you said that... Im just surprised it took you that long. ;)