Bills Outpost in Maryville

greyofk

Guest KCampbell

865-981-5400 Not sure on hours.Its hard to get someone on the phone when their busy like yesterday.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

For those who don't know, Bill moved to the corner space about two doors down from his original location in Midland Plaza.  He's got much more room for his stuff and you don't have to get so "personal" with other customers while moving around.  I bought a Colt Frontier Scout from him the other day in a great deal.

• Like 1
Guest KCampbell

For those who don't know, Bill moved to the corner space about two doors down from his original location in Midland Plaza.  He's got much more room for his stuff and you don't have to get so "personal" with other customers while moving around.  I bought a Colt Frontier Scout from him the other day in a great deal.

Yeah forgot to mention that.I'm headed to the range to sight in my new Daniel Defense of your around Jack

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Guest RevScottie
I was in there yesterday and the new store is awesome and he had tons of stuff in stock. Only negative was it was crowded and folks were having a hard time getting waited on.

I think the hours on the door said 10-6 Mon - Sat

Yeah, and I got hung up on a transfer from PSA for two weeks because their new address didn't match their FFL, so had to wait till they worked that out and got the right one to PSA.

Wasn't that big a deal, was just a lower and didn't much care exactly when I got it.

The address shown on site is now correct, took them a while to get it changed, since it's a graphic and not text.

I also transferred another one about two weeks ago, no probs, so they have all that straightened out. Still willing to pay the $25 and pop over to Alcoa, as they are great folks, call you within minutes of the shipment coming in, always friendly, etc, and except for the one glitch during their move, everything always goes smoothly.

They also have been able to keep a surprisingly good supply of various guns since the panic, and their prices are excellent for the most part, compete with online ones. They're my go-to shop.

- OS

• Like 2
Guest bulluck533

Their phone number is 8659815400. Their answering machine just messed up during the move (According to one of their employees). If they don't answer that usually means people are piled in there so just call back in like an hour.

The address shown on site is now correct, took them a while to get it changed, since it's a graphic and not text.

Actually, just noticed, "Calderwood" is misspelled, they'll have to get the graphics guy involved again. :)

- OS

• 1 year later...

Looks like raising fees again.  Saw the below on fb this morning.  You know I don't transfer any of my gun broker or out of state guns purchases there due to their cost, but dealers like this if they want to grow their business, they should go in the opposite direction.  I am sure they are protecting their bread and butter since they are a stocking dealer, but I know of a dealer very local that move 20-40 guns a week by doing only transfer.  He is not a stocking dealer, but does have lots of used guns, and a few new, but his business model is transfers.  I guess he will keep my business, his fee is lot less. 

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/B%20O_zpsdewhsr5u.jpg.html]B%20O_zpsdewhsr5u.jpg[/URL]

Yeah, I gave up on them some good while ago after a surprise 50 clam transfer on a shipment from Bud's.

More of a drive for ya, but Harvey's Pistol and Pawn in Knoxville is aces, $15 transfers from anyone, and they are quite efficient and friendly.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Bill's is the only one worth stepping into.

Yeah, good store, my only criticism is that they have kept raising transfer fee, and surprised me with even higher one especially just for Bud's (though they did relent and charge me the regular rate at the time after I squawked some).

Just never understood gun stores not competing to do them though, as after all it's "free money" --  no stock to buy upfront, and since it doesn't take but 30 min to log a gun in and do 4473, even 15 clams translates to like $30 an hour for the "labor".

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yeah, good store, my only criticism is that they have kept raising transfer fee, and surprised me with even higher one especially just for Bud's (though they did relent and charge me the regular rate at the time after I squawked some).

Just never understood gun stores not competing to do them though, as after all it's "free money" --  no stock to buy upfront, and since it doesn't take but 30 min to log a gun in and do 4473, even 15 clams translates to like $30 an hour for the "labor".

- OS

I completely agree with you.  It shouldn't take the average dealer but a few minutes to handle the process so it really is easy money.

Bill's has some mighty fine prices on their in-stock stuff to begin with but NO DEALER should jack or charge more than $20-30 tops for a transfer.

Edited by Garufa