Anyone even finding .22lr?

I went into my lgs last week and soon as I hit the door I hollered out "I need ten bricks of 22lr from back behind there wherever you got em settin, just as soon as you can get em to this here register". Old timer behind the counter turns to the young kid round the bend and goes "you hear that? Fellow says he needs ten bricks 22lr from wherever you got em settin" kid says "yes sir comin up" and walks in back to the stockrm area. So me n ol timer talkin bout this n that for a minute and I said "where'd kid go anyways?" Old timer told me "reckon to cci plant in idaho". Now that's service, I expect they'll call me tomorrow or the next day like, saying kids back with my bullets and its time to square up my account.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Right now I think online is your best best as some places do seem to have some of "this" and some of "that"...it depends a lot on exactly how picky you are about the specifications/manufacturer.

Thankfully I've got a good enough supply that I'm not in any critical need but at the same time I hate shooting up what I have without knowing when I'll be able to replace it!
Guest TheDrip

After being laughed out of LGSes, walmarts. academy, dicks and others. I gave up looking locally. In the past 2 weeks I've bought 3000 rounds of CPHP, and 500 rounds of CB. There are 5 sites I watch, and you have to be quick on the draw

3 automatic bot sites that collect stock information from a number of retailers

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/22lr

http://www.ammonow.com/handgun_.22_LR_page_1.html

http://ammoseek.com/?from=resultspage&gun=rimfire&cal=91&grains=0&mfg=&include_kw=&exclude_kw=&noblanks=noblanks&sortby=cpr

and 2 threads on other forums.\

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/292430-official-stock-22lr-ammo-thread-85.html

currently on page 85, but always go to the last page to see the most current deals.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=4&f=54&t=118386&page=28

not 22lr specific, and doesnt seem as popular as the smith & wesson thread.

Between these 5 resources, I've made 5 seperate ammo orders in the past couple of weeks. check early in the morning,  and throughout the day. When something comes in stock at a price you like, just do it. If you think about it, it will be gone. In stock times are still measured in minutes (or even seconds).

Cabela's will have an item in stock for 15 minutes, then over the next 2 days it will come in stock 1 or 2 boxes at a time as they return product that people over bought (1 box limit).

Guy at my walmart said they got 2 cases, of 10 boxes each of Remington 225 round boxes last night.  On the shelf at 8pm, gone by 8:15 p.m..with a 3 box per limit.

If your talking about Oak Ridge I called that one and even posted a thread here about it. I didn't partake but a friend stopped by and grabbed some.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
Cabelas is the best bet. They seem to be getting some in every week or so. Have to check early in the AM doesn't last long. I got a brick (525) of Remington golden bullets for 28.00 shipped.
Gave it to my buddy today so he could take his kids shooting.
Hated to let it go but, I DID IT FOR THE CHILDREN. (why does that phrase sound familiar)
  • Like 2

None of you heard this from me. But Wal Mart has been getting a lot more in than they are putting out. I used to work at one, and was talking to a former coworker. He said they have plenty in the back that they are being told not to put out.

It has been regular in kingsport at walmart -- i have managed 13 bricks in the last 3 weeks off and on-- gun rack had some up here for 6 bucks per box of 50 -- not sure if they have anyleft -- it was Wolf match grade

None of you heard this from me. But Wal Mart has been getting a lot more in than they are putting out. I used to work at one, and was talking to a former coworker. He said they have plenty in the back that they are being told not to put out.

a few weeks ago, I was at a walmart that showed they had .223 instock and when I got their they girl at the counter didn't think they had any but she scanned the barcode and the computer told her they had 29 boxes in the back.

She called management that just took the line that the computer was wrong.  I never believed them.

Maybe they will completely stock up over night in most stores all at once to try and curve the panic buying.

But Gander Mnt has told me on 2 different weeks they put out 100k and 300k of .22 at 9a.m. and it was gone by 2p.m..  So with a grain of salt.

Edited by vontar