I give them 2 days

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else would you use?

Any number of things.  Smokeless powder makes a terrible explosive...because its NOT an explosive.  Its a precision propellant.  Big difference.  If making an IED, black powder would work MUCH better.  

Not to start a bunch of tin foil hat nonsense but I could see some left wing trash doing this with the sole purpose of making private powder sales illegal.  

Smokeless powder is a flamable solid.  Black powder is "low expolsive" (...i think...) or a "permissable" (...from the old coal mining days...).  Black powder is already "regulated" as an explosive.

leroy

There are numerous items that can be mixed to be used besides powder. For example water and dry ice enclosed in an air tight container will produce enough pressure to create a low level explosion as this and do the same amount of damage. There are other ingredients that can be mixed and used in the same manner but I won't go into detail on those chemicals.

What else would you use?

I was talking about this with my wife last evening, and a shooting buddy today.

What did Rahm say? "Never let a crisis go to waste"?

They'll be on this like white on rice...even if you could definitively prove it was nothing used by reloaders and shooters. It doesn't matter a wit to them.

They'll twist it and use it to further restrict us if there is any way possible.

God...I hope I'm wrong. :ugh:

Firstly, my heart goes out to those killed and wounded and their families. 

Secondly, I am curious about what explosive was used. I don't know much about explosives. But there is a video of the first explosion that is very clear and the smoke from the explosion is very white. I also noticed that most of the runners right in front of the explosion weren't knocked off their feet from the blast. The ones that fell were probably the ones hit by shrapnel. Anybody got an idea what type of explosive would have these properties? 

Firstly, my heart goes out to those killed and wounded and their families. 

Secondly, I am curious about what explosive was used. I don't know much about explosives. But there is a video of the first explosion that is very clear and the smoke from the explosion is very white. I also noticed that most of the runners right in front of the explosion weren't knocked off their feet from the blast. The ones that fell were probably the ones hit by shrapnel. Anybody got an idea what type of explosive would have these properties? 

No, but thankfully the guy didn't know what he was doing. If you set off a bomb in a crowd, and only kill 3 people, you suck at making bombs.

Need to get back on the phones or email yer reps. Advise them to vote no on any new measures.

It's like Feinstein wanting to ban .50's although no one has ever been shot by on in the U.S.

If they don't get voted out of office we'll never be rid of these attacks on our constitutional rights.

Edited by Lowpower

Missed it by a day or 2, but hey, my crystal ball used to be a bedknob.

What else would you use?  Is it even legal to say? 

IIRC drano & tin foil mix to make a bomb that can blow up a glass bottle or even a hard plastic one. 

IIRC gas and several compounds can mix to make a very nasty bomb --- fire spreaders that not only explode but spray flaming liquid a goodly distance in all directions.

there are 2 of the popular and well known examples, I won't go on with it but the bottom line is that an industrious idiot can make a bomb easily.  Its setting it off safely from a distance that usually poses a problem and takes a smarter (slightly) thug.  

BTW homemade black powder is one of the most simple things to make.  What next, ban charcoal?

A number of nonexplosive items can be ground to a fine dust and ignited to effect.  Texas comes to mind.  As do grain dust explosions, etc.  Again from memory but I think modern coal is ground to a find dust and blown (with air or even high oxygen) to combust it cleaner and hotter.  Coal dust will also explode as with grain dust etc.   Come to think of it, oxygen in a jar......  also all the ---ane gasses like the propane tank for your grill.  Put that bad boy in a pressure cooker and light it off.... 

again, any idiot can make a bomb. 

Edited by Jonnin
Guest TN.Frank
I'm sure we all saw that fertilizer and more to the point ammonia makes a bigger "bang" then the little pressure cooker bombs these guys came up with. Rule number one, don't build anything near a fertilizer plant.