Help: TN law on open carry (rifle)

Guest MilitiaMan

So, according to some of you -

It is illegal to be in the woods, without a hunting licence, with my Savage .308 even though I am not hunting?

Just want to be clear.

Ultimately I will find actual law on this and skip the rhetoric and opinion.

Make sure you have permission to be where you are. Are the woods yours? I would just break it down for now. Let society settle down a bit. if the public land in question is a WMA...a license is required. Apparently it don't matter now....

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Admin Team

Not that it matters now that he’s booted, but 39-17-1307 covers it.
I’m kind of curious as to what kind of “Law Enforcement” doesn’t know how to find out what the law is. biggrin.gif

There's a thread somewhere detailing it. I seem to recall that he worked in corrections.

Not that it matters now that he’s booted, but 39-17-1307 covers it.

I’m kind of curious as to what kind of “Law Enforcement” doesn’t know how to find out what the law is.

There's a thread somewhere detailing it. I seem to recall that he worked in corrections.

Yeah. County Corrections I believe.

Unbelievable. I've been reading that guys posts, and though not completely reckless there was something I didn't like. Now it all comes together.
  • Like 3

How are we able to carry our long guns to the gun shows? Is it because they are unloaded?

Yes.

An unloaded firearm, not concealed on or about the person, is a legal defense to unlawful carry.

And unloaded means no ammo for it on your person either.

- OS

Fairly certain that he and his wife are going to end up IN the jail rather than working at it if they keep it up. Found them openly trying to sell a kidney!  :popcorn:

"42 yr old woman. Perfectly healthy. Never drank, never used drugs. Looking to "donate" a kidney to help save a life. Must be compensated adequately.

Contact me - EB3131@gmail.com"

• Moderators

Fairly certain that he and his wife are going to end up IN the jail rather than working at it if they keep it up. Found them openly trying to sell a kidney!  :popcorn:

"42 yr old woman. Perfectly healthy. Never drank, never used drugs. Looking to "donate" a kidney to help save a life. Must be compensated adequately.

Contact me - EB3131@gmail.com"

On a complete tangent, I don't understand why that is illegal. If I don't own anything else, I own myself, if I want to profit from its use, why shouldn't I? I can engage in medical testing and be compensated for that. What is the difference in accepting money to ingest an experimental chemical and cutting off a chunk and selling it for profit?

On a complete tangent, I don't understand why that is illegal. If I don't own anything else, I own myself, if I want to profit from its use, why shouldn't I? I can engage in medical testing and be compensated for that. What is the difference in accepting money to ingest an experimental chemical and cutting off a chunk and selling it for profit?

Not stating that I agree with the law in this case, I'm just more familiar with this particular law than most.  :up:

The National Organ Transplant Act (Public Law 98-507) makes it illegal to sell human organs and tissues in the United States. Violators are subject to fines and imprisonment. One reason Congress made this law was to make sure the wealthy do not have an unfair advantage for obtaining donated organs and tissues. (OPTN white paper on bioethics—Financial Incentives for Organ Donation, June 30, 1993)"

Sourcehttp://organdonor.gov/faqs.html