What would you do? Resturant question??

Guest Natosha

Guest Natosha

Feeling a little upset that you can't carry a gun into a restaurant that serves alcohol!!!

Friday night Freddy and I went to Knoxville to met another couple for dinner. Well after getting there and remember that i couldn't take my gun in I placed it in a hidden place in the car and we went in for dinner. Ok so far so good.

(Around 9:25 pm) After dinner we were standing in the parking lot talking and after a while Freddy went back in to use the restroom. Well I started packing Jude up in the car seat and was looking for his binkie for the trip home.

I saw a large SUV coming down the isle and it stopped and was staring at me. I raised up and he still sit there. So I looked around and our friends were pulling out. Finally I saw Freddy coming back to the car.

Point is I was unarmed because of the stupid rule of not carrying in a restaurant and it was not at reach because it was in a department in the car that I couldn't get to from the back seat.

I think the only reason he drove on and finally parked was because he saw my husband walking towards the car. (He wasn't waiting on a parking space because we were kind of at the end of the it and it was late and plenty of spaces were open.

What would you do in this situation? I need to get me a very tiny gun (like a LCP) to keep in my pocket. I just felt a little vulnerable and unprotected with my kid. Kinda scared me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Move to KY, or any other state that allows carry around alcohol. :D

Or as others have suggested... re-arm as soon as possible... or that other suggestion. :D

Guest Engloid

We should make a sarcastic video about how bad guys won't take guns into these places. The video could show somebody with a ski mask on, and a gun (fake one for the video). They would approach stores, sneaking up, then they see the sign saying to guns, and they walk away in disgust. After about 5-6 places, you could then show him moping along, heading home.

Guest Natosha

Well, I think that I need a really little gun. :) I am wanting an LCP I just have to be able to get my hands on one. But I talked to my hubby and we may go ahead and try to find a Kel-tec. But we are still not too sure.

The Glock isn't the easiest to hide. :)

Edited by Natosha
We should make a sarcastic video about how bad guys won't take guns into these places. The video could show somebody with a ski mask on, and a gun (fake one for the video). They would approach stores, sneaking up, then they see the sign saying to guns, and they walk away in disgust. After about 5-6 places, you could then show him moping along, heading home.

Why re-video the wheel?

[ame]

[/ame]

- OS

Guest Halfpint

Forwarded the video to my entire email list.

As far as Natosha's question . . . I say do what you have to do. Not advocating breaking the law, but not telling you that you should be defenseless either.

Edited by Halfpint
MAJOR lapse in judgment.

The video has been done and it is great...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7341&highlight=gun+free+zone

Better to be judged by tweleve than carried by six... or worse if something happens to your kid.

Better to be judged by tweleve than carried by six... or worse if something happens to your kid.

I couldn't agree more BrasilNuts, they are both my kids, she is my daughter and Jude is my grandson, so I am right there with you, I want her to protect herself and that baby!

She is taking care of that too, she can tell when she gets here what she got today! I don't want to jump in front of her but I am proud of her choice.

Guest Natosha

HAHAHA! You beat me by just a few minutes. Thanks for being proud of me! HA!

I just put me a Smith & Wesson Model 637 Airweight Revolver on layaway. I hope to have it out in a three or four weeks. Plus, I got me an inside the pants holster for it. All in all I am happy with my decision. Hopefully I wont regret it. :lol: Now I just have to find me some pink S&W grips huh?

Though I could never advocate breaking any law... the value of one's life is always above the value of a law. I prefer to avoid places which present that conflict, but acknowledge that sometimes it is an unavoidable decision.

Natosha-even though my son is old enough to buckle himself in the backseat, it is hard for him, so I often assist him; since he is in the middle of the backseat, I place my gun under one of the seats; when I get back to the car and before I assist him, I make sure to go on the side that has my gun; while I am halfway in the car, I immediately re-arm myself....even before I start helping my son. Just don't forget anytime you place a gun freely in the car----kids seem to remember where you place them!

Natosha-even though my son is old enough to buckle himself in the backseat, it is hard for him, so I often assist him; since he is in the middle of the backseat, I place my gun under one of the seats; when I get back to the car and before I assist him, I make sure to go on the side that has my gun; while I am halfway in the car, I immediately re-arm myself....even before I start helping my son. Just don't forget anytime you place a gun freely in the car----kids seem to remember where you place them!

That is a good idea. When I take my girls shopping etc. I make sure that I am the first one out of the car to have a quick look around for any threat I may have missed while pulling in to park, that way if I decide to leave in a hurry they are still in the car and buckled up. When we return to the car I am the last one in so I can keep an eye on our surroundings while they get in and buckled up. It is a simple thing to do and it soon becomes second nature. Seeing and avoiding a threat is always better than shooting.

Tell me you did not just basically state how and what you carry on an open forum with your name, title, and work location posted at the bottom of your post?

Edited by Punisher84
quote removed out of courtesy to a colleague
Guest Natosha

Mrs. S- I was just telling mom yesterday that I will be putting my gun in a new place if I can't carry it in. That way if I don't have it with me and a situation like that occurs again I can just have it right there near the babies seat. I am so new to carry that I have just started feeling comfortable with it on me.

Edited by Natosha
Guest jdavis

In my opinion, if you are not consuming alchohol the law should not apply to you in resturants, to me that is like telling a customer not to briing their child in because they are under 18, you dont see them doing that, resturants are not bars most people dont even consume alchohol there. so the old saying goes what they dont know wont hurt them.

Edited by jdavis
misspelling