Mosin Nagant

RC3

I let my friend borrow my M44 a few months ago, and turns out the bastard pawned it. So far, I have been seeing them for under $250 and I wanted to know if you guys know where I may find one cheaper? it can be the M44 or the full nagant

Wow. Some "friend."

I wonder what would happen if he woke up one morning and all the tires/wheels on his car had been removed during the night?

I also wonder what this "friend" would think if he saw his own tires in the same pawn shop later that afternoon?

Not advocating anything-- just food for thought.

• Like 1

I let my friend borrow my M44 a few months ago, and turns out the bastard pawned it. So far, I have been seeing them for under $250 and I wanted to know if you guys know where I may find one cheaper? it can be the M44 or the full nagant

Isn't that theft?  And wouldn't the pawn shop be required to give it back if the police showed up looking for it?

Edited by wipfel

You might need better friends.  

Isn't that theft?  And wouldn't the pawn shop be required to give it back if the police showed up looking for it?

Without written proof that the gun was on loan I don't know how much of a case you could make.

Wow. Some "friend."

I wonder what would happen if he woke up one morning and all the tires/wheels on his car had been removed during the night?

I also wonder what this "friend" would think if he saw his own tires in the same pawn shop later that afternoon?

Not advocating anything-- just food for thought.

I already have his car's spare key. But I dont like to be seen driving a kia soul

thats the thing, he keeps saying he let his brother "borrow it" but I think he pawned it. I actually bought one of his rifles from the pawn shop before. I didnt want to see this DPMS to be sold. Then again, his baby's mom makes living under stalin in soviet russia seem pleasant by comparison.

Yeah it may be time to lose that "friend".  Give him a time limit to get it back to you.

he still owes me $210 bucks. And its still illegal to shoot people.... unless its self defence. And he knows to not give me an option. I am just looking to buy a good priced one and then blow his transmission. Since I doubt I will be payed anytime soon.

Get a new "friend". Then get a Mosin.

What is the reason for letting someone borrow a Mosin Nagant?

ammo is cheap, its bolt action, you get to scream "for mother russia!" and people will understand, its the ak's uncle, and so on...

Not trying to be snooty, but if your buddy can't afford his own $100, I assume he's shooting your ammo as well? What are you getting out of this friendship?

Wow! My wife is right. I'm really not a people person.

not really sure. it was $470 and my rifle, now its $210 and my rifle. One of the guys has a nice one listed for $210 with a scope and all. But its all the way in pigeon forge. So I am looking for local. And the franklin gun shop seems a little above normal prices.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/m44rifle

Not giving them away, but they say "in stock".       

I like the compactness of the 44, and paid the premium for a 44 over the much longer 91/30.                                                              

Edited by gregintenn

http://www.classicfirearms.com/m44rifle

Not giving them away, but they say "in stock".       

I like the compactness of the 44, and paid the premium for a 44 over the much longer 91/30.                                                              

so much for local. I am trying to keep it around 220 and under if possible

Guest Wildogre

Try the North Cumberland Gun Shop.

105 N Cumberland St Lebanon, TN 37087‎ (615) 444-3303

At the last gun show they had a 44 not sure if they sold it or not, 

Guest JimmieP

i'd beat his ss and just clean out his wallet and call it even.  Look on auction arms.  Sometimes you can find some good buy's there.  (your friend is your wife.  Everyone else is just an acquaintance)

i'd beat his ss and just clean out his wallet and call it even.  Look on auction arms.  Sometimes you can find some good buy's there.  (your friend is your wife.  Everyone else is just an acquaintance)

ahahahahah. im divorced. So, that means I am just shit out of luck! But I will give them a look as well.

As everyone else has said, pick and choose your friends carefully. There are lots of 'nice' people out there who would turn on you and shank you in a second for some extra cash. As for the rifle, I got my Romanian M44 for $150 off a bud. I know someone who might sell you a Chinese M53, they're the same thing, just a Chinese Variant. I think he wants $190 or so.

• Like 1

thats the thing, he keeps saying he let his brother "borrow it" but I think he pawned it. I actually bought one of his rifles from the pawn shop before. I didnt want to see this DPMS to be sold. Then again, his baby's mom makes living under stalin in soviet russia seem pleasant by comparison.

I would tell him you will go with him to his brother's house to retrieve it, and I would want to go immediately. Tell him you need it now, and you want it back. If he did pawn it, I might borrow his Kia for a couple hours.

At any rate this isn't a friend, and I don't think I would want to be around someone like that.
  • Like 1
Guest Hound

The only time i have offered to let someone borrow a firearm was a pistol I have that I was trying to sell him so he could take it to a range.  I told him to have it back before the end of the day.  He decided to wait till i got back to shoot it.

As everyone else has said, pick and choose your friends carefully. There are lots of 'nice' people out there who would turn on you and shank you in a second for some extra cash. As for the rifle, I got my Romanian M44 for $150 off a bud. I know someone who might sell you a Chinese M53, they're the same thing, just a Chinese Variant. I think he wants $190 or so.

that would be great. I wish it was russian, but beggars cant be choosers.

A "friend" who'd pawn/sell your property, regardless of how desperate, is not a friend.

I used to have "friends in need" too. I never heard from them until they needed something. A few polite refusals in a row and I never heard from them again.

• Like 1