Grounds for car dealership refund?

Well it was a factory radio, little stump of an antenna, I guess it was just me. I know I loved listening to fox news on it but all the interruptions were not acceptable.

the antenna is a black disc type thing that is stuck on the roof. On the new truck it is fixed on the passenger side, but on the old truck it was a magnet I could put anywhere I wanted. You must have had a bum radio or something, that sucks.

the antenna is a black disc type thing that is stuck on the roof. On the new truck it is fixed on the passenger side, but on the old truck it was a magnet I could put anywhere I wanted. You must have had a bum radio or something, that sucks.

That was possible. No worries though. I installed a DVD player radio with camera and that worked just fine until the other day and the screen started going out. Just installed a very nice Pioneer unit. Guess I'll figure out the backup camera since the new radio has no screen. Just got to figure out a way to mount the screen I bought and I'll be good.

ok,

Maybe it's me. Heck I can't wear a watch either. It don't matter if its a 1.00 watch or 500.00 watch, I'll kill it in less than 2 weeks. My jeweler says my body is killing batteries. I don't know about that but I figured I'll fix that and bought a self winding watch (no battery right?) well it gained 5 min. a day.

• Like 1

That was possible. No worries though. I installed a DVD player radio with camera and that worked just fine until the other day and the screen started going out. Just installed a very nice Pioneer unit. Guess I'll figure out the backup camera since the new radio has no screen. Just got to figure out a way to mount the screen I bought and I'll be good.

if I did much of any towing at all a back up camera would be a must have, I hope you get it sorted out. I am sure you will though.

ok,

Maybe it's me. Heck I can't wear a watch either. It don't matter if its a 1.00 watch or 500.00 watch, I'll kill it in less than 2 weeks. My jeweler says my body is killing batteries. I don't know about that but I figured I'll fix that and bought a self winding watch (no battery right?) well it gained 5 min. a day.

thats funny, sucks but still funny. I knew another guy that could not wear a watch. He had no idea why.
ok,

You would actually be surprised how common that is, some people are electirlcly charged different. Me myself get frustrated around cellophane it sticks to me like glue. My wife can kill cellphones after a week if not in a rubber case and shocks me if she wears anything with wool.

You would actually be surprised how common that is, some people are electirlcly charged different. Me myself get frustrated around cellophane it sticks to me like glue. My wife can kill cellphones after a week if not in a rubber case and shocks me if she wears anything with wool.

For years the only watches that I could wear for more than a couple of weeks were Seikos.  My wife bought me a Luminox for Christmas in 2011 and so far so good.

Well the satellite module was dead. They replace it and its working now. So all for not. I figured they would fix it, but thought the topic would be worth discussing.

For the record Land Rover Knoxville was great. They never once flinched. They were gonna make it right or take the car back.
  • Like 2

Well the satellite module was dead. They replace it and its working now. So all for not. I figured they would fix it, but thought the topic would be worth discussing.

For the record Land Rover Knoxville was great. They never once flinched. They were gonna make it right or take the car back.

Very good. Now just keep an eye out behind you.
  • Like 1
When it rains, it pours.

So I went to pick up the car yesterday. Happy, all was good. Until I noticed a quarter size paint chip on the front grill surround. After every service at Land Rover you get a courtesy car wash. Well apparently someone got over zealous with the pressure washer and blasted a section of paint off. I could tell that's what happened because I've done it a few times back in high school while working at a car dealership. Any slight rock chip and a pressure washer too close will blow the paint right off. Always keep the pressure washer at least 10" away from paint, especially a front surface that might be compromised by chips.

Well they said they would paint the grill surround, no problem, but now it won't be ready until Friday......exhausting
Guest Lester Weevils

Lumber Jack, maybe bow to the inevitable and break-in the new land rover the Johnny Cash way?

Can't find a web link describing this method, but back in the late 1960's he described in a magazine interview-- The interview was during one of his first times of swearing off drugs and booze, and Cash described how crazy "he used to be".

They were real young and living on the road, making lots of money. They traveled in cadillacs. When it came time to get a new cadillac they would show up at a dealership unkempt kids in shabby clothes. When the salesman would try to throw em out they would pull out a roll of bills and buy a cadillac cash on the spot. Before driving off the lot they would set off a cherry bomb in the glove compartment to break in the new car.

Just set off a cherry bomb in the glove compartment and then a paint chip won't matter any more! :)

ok,

My uncle had the same issues with watches.

Last I knew he was able to wear Timex quartz watches.

Ah man that sucks, make them give you something free to compensate for it. Like a year or two worth of maintenance..

More importantly I would find out if that gets reported on the vehicle's history cause it will drop the resale value a bit with anything on there no matter how good the repair