My Father just scored

My Father lives in Tulsa, and he does some buying and selling of mostly Harley Davidson motorcycles and motorcycle parts on the side. He got a call from some guy who recently inherited a bunch of his Grandfather's stuff, so he went to check out the old motorcycle.

As they were loading the motorcycle, my Dad asked him if he happened to have anything else for sale. The guy told him he also inherited "some old revolver" that his Grandfather kept  locked up next to the bed for the last several years. Not knowing much about guns, my Dad called me while the guy went to get it. It was a Smith & Wesson 14-4 with a 6" barrel. He also had 100+ rounds of .38 Special. I told him to ask the guy what he wanted for it. The guy said "$150 for the gun and ammo". I instantly told my Dad to give him the money and calmly run as fast as he can.

After buying the bike, he only had $147 in his pocket, so he walked away with what he described as a "real nice" Smith & Wesson 14-4 and 100+ rounds of ammo for $147. I'm waiting on pictures and serial number.

Please ignore his poor gun handling skillz in the second picture.

20130519162033.jpg

20130519162108.jpg

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1
Well any Smith and Wesson revolver brings a fair amount. The model 14 is a target model and isnt all that common. Those grips are some of the more desired grips to have on any k frame. It appears to be really clean for around 35 years old which makes it valuable as well.

Those target grips are worth almost that.

My dad collects S&W's (I never was in to them). He's got some like this one pictured that haven't ever been shot (still NIB). lol

Anyway, I just showed him the picture of this gun and he said he has 3 sets of those grips laying around. :stare: Are we rich?  :x:  

Edited by JohnC

I'd say it's easily a $400 dollar revolver........if it's in better shape than I think it is, you could get $500 or more pending the right collector.

Damn sweet find. That thing will shoot like a dream, just wait. Ya'll suck for robbin' that man of his grandfathers gun. :pleased:

My dad collects S&W's (I never was in to them). He's got some like this one pictured that haven't ever been shot (still NIB). lol

Anyway, I just showed him the picture of this gun and he said he has 3 sets of those grips laying around. :stare: Are we rich?  :x:  

That makes me sad on the inside in the same way an old toy is still new in the box.........no one ever got to love it and receive the love that "playing" with it gives.