Boy Scouts Allow Gays

What is the real percentage if homosexuals in the US or worldwide? IMO, it all comes down to political correctness where a majority has to roll over and accommodate a minority.

If the majority (61%) hadn't voted to allow openly gay boys in the scouts, you may have a point. 

The sad part is not many realize all the damage being done at their own expense. As far as I am concerned, the

Boy Scouts caved on a political issue which had nothing to do with boys being scouts.

This sums it up for me. I have held off in joining in on this but 6.8 nailed it for me. Before anyone asks, my son is a Cub Scout and I am the assistant leader. And the whole "caving" issue is what bothers me and really makes me ponder our future in the Scouts.

What is the real percentage if homosexuals in the US or worldwide?

You see 4-10% as a range spouted here and there for both. Who knows? It's not like it's a census question, and what percentage would answer truthfully if it were?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

My point

Red do you really think that there were not "gay" boys in Boy Scouts until this policy change?

Is it really "immoral"  for a private organization to change a policy they probably never significantly enforced in the first place?

Being "fat" is a sin in many Christian's eyes...should the BSA have refused to allow "fat kids" in scouts?  If they had been doing that and then changed their policy would that be a moral issue too?

My morals are not dependent on nor impacted by what the BSA does or doesn't do or how they run their organization.

Guest 6.8 AR

What is the real percentage if homosexuals in the US or worldwide? IMO, it all comes down to political correctness where a majority has to roll over and accommodate a minority.

That's another question that no one has an answer to, since most of the respondents in a so-called survey

would just as soon lie to achieve a political goal. Different sides within that group have reasons to lie.

How can you get to the truth with that question if you can't get to the truth whether or not one chooses to be

gay or is borne with it? Everyone agrees that global warming is an exact science, right? :D To date, that's

what the news wants us to believe, unless they've changed their position, lately.

There is no correct answer that's been uncovered because there will be no correct answer until you get the

politics of gayness honest. Same with using the ideas of Rachel Carson, Margaret Sanger, Joseph Mengele

and the arrogant folks at our universities who sold us on a lot of their ideas as fact.

We'd better start understanding what the evil is up to before we all end up in a gulag next to the gays gypsies

and Jews. The Boy Scouts caved to political evil. That's all there is to it. And if you don't ask the right questions,

you will never see it when you lose everything in life you might hold as dear.

Is it immoral for a father to kill his daughter because she brought shame to his family?

Is it immoral to behead a person for not believing in a diff way of a diff god?

Is it immoral to to lay with another man?

Just where do we draw thew line?

I have beliefs and want to hang around like minded people that I feel good about.

Is it immoral to feel that way?

If others dont feel the same way about the things like I do they should not impose

their beliefs on me our the people that I hang around with.

I believe in God, I use the 10 commandments, am I immoral?

I do not walk up to anyone and tell them they have to do as I do in these beliefs.

The more immoral we become the closer to the end we get.

• Like 2
If religious folks didn't impose their beliefs on everyone else (as they always seem to claim they don't), every single politician wouldn't need to pretend to be a God-fearing individual, abortion wouldn't be such a hot topic, etc. Everything is kosher, just as long as you're the only group shoving your agenda down the throats of others.

• Like 1

Is it immoral for a father to kill his daughter because she brought shame to his family?

Is it immoral to behead a person for not believing in a diff way of a diff god?

Is it immoral to to lay with another man?

Just where do we draw thew line?

I have beliefs and want to hang around like minded people that I feel good about.

Is it immoral to feel that way?

If others dont feel the same way about the things like I do they should not impose

their beliefs on me our the people that I hang around with.

I believe in God, I use the 10 commandments, am I immoral?

I do not walk up to anyone and tell them they have to do as I do in these beliefs.

The more immoral we become the closer to the end we get.

I can tell you where I draw the line...I draw the line when someone with a different belief system than I have tells me I must believe the way they do.  However, apart from that, their believing the way they do is irrelevant to how I treat them whether they are in my boy scout troop or sitting across from me in a meeting at work.

Now, if I truly think that my son being in a scout troop where they may or may not be a boy that is gay is a problem for me than I won't let my son be a part of the troop but I'm not going to tell the BSA that they can't set their own policy and I'm not going to claim they "sold out" without actual evidence of that.

I wish someone could explain to me how the Boy Scouts officially allowing homosexual boys to be in the scouts (apparently under the erroneous assumption that they weren't already there) is "immoral" because I truly don't understand it...what am I missing?

Allowing gay boys into scouts is not an endorsement of homosexuality or of homosexual sex any more than allowing "fat" boys in scouts is an endorsement of gluttony; at least not in any way I can see.

• Like 1

This sums it up for me. I have held off in joining in on this but 6.8 nailed it for me. Before anyone asks, my son is a Cub Scout and I am the assistant leader. And the whole "caving" issue is what bothers me and really makes me ponder our future in the Scouts.

With all going on with the scouts now, I'm not sure they have a future, and that's sad.

Dave S

If religious folks didn't impose their beliefs on everyone else (as they always seem to claim they don't), every single politician wouldn't need to pretend to be a God-fearing individual, abortion wouldn't be such a hot topic, etc. Everything is kosher, just as long as you're the only group shoving your agenda down the throats of others.

In my opinion I don't think Jesus would shun gays. However, I was at the park yesterday with my kids and saw an incredibly unattractive lesbian couple swinging their child on the swing set. The thought of them holding hands and being intimate really grossed me out. So we need to do something to keep those people separate... ya know, because of MY comfort level. It's the 'Merican way!
  • Like 1

I think the entire problem stems from having way too many busybodies in this country.   There are so many, on both sides of the aisle, that want to force each other to accept their viewpoint as the correct one.  What happened to people just minding their own damn business?  Seems to me that we all would be much better off if we did that very thing.

If you are a religious person and an individual or organization's behavior, practices, or whatever offends you, tough ****.  Unless it somehow impedes your ability to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, close your mouth and move on.  The same thing can be said of those in the minority status.  If some organization doesn't accept your kind, bfd, wash your hands of them and go about your business.

Edited by mav
  • Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

You have the right to be free, just like I have the right to be free from you. It's a two way street.

Mav. I agree with you, but the continual assault on all of the above is the assault on our freedom. These

people who wish to do these things are using the groups, like the gays, as nothing more than useful idiots

in a political takeover. Just like the increase in welfare. I wonder how that happened? I suspect it had much

to do with the assault on our economy, by spending money in places where individuals did, once, and making

it an institution, which is one we will never be able to afford. Government subsidies in almost everything don't

help, either. Running the school systems hasn't worked out too well, also.

It starts with progressive thinkers and gradually works it's way into all facets of life. The gay thing has been

around for several decades, now, just like all the other bad actors in our country. There is an assault on

religion, just like the assault on capitalism, the climate, the education of our children, the making of slaves

with welfare, the devaluation of our currency, the... add your own example here.

Why are we allowing ourselves to be co-opted by the enemy, who wants the destruction of our country? You

know it, just like I.

It's not a gay who is our enemy, but our own near-sightedness.

In my opinion I don't think Jesus would shun gays. However, I was at the park yesterday with my kids and saw an incredibly unattractive lesbian couple swinging their child on the swing set. The thought of them holding hands and being intimate really grossed me out. So we need to do something to keep those people separate... ya know, because of MY comfort level. It's the 'Merican way!

I'm sure he wouldn't or did...in fact, if you believe the BIble it's pretty clear that he surrounded himself with "sinners"; something a lot of modern Christians seem to forget.

The way some churches operate today they are like hospitals who won't allow any sick people through the doors.

Sinners are quite not the same as former sinners, who've realized their past mistakes & have asked God's forgiveness of their past sins.

Just as "openly homosexual" is not quite the same as simply homosexual, here in lays the problem with this BSA's decision, it allows "openly gay" boys to join the Scouts, making their sexual preferences a known issue within the Troop.

There was no "gay test" required to join the Scouts, if the gay Scout kept his sexuality to himself it never became an issue, now however their "open gayness" will be an issue, one many parents & host organizations will simply not want to deal with inorder to participate in Scouting.

That's my .02, spend it wisely.

You have the right to be free, just like I have the right to be free from you. It's a two way street.

Mav. I agree with you, but the continual assault on all of the above is the assault on our freedom. These
people who wish to do these things are using the groups, like the gays, as nothing more than useful idiots
in a political takeover. Just like the increase in welfare. I wonder how that happened? I suspect it had much
to do with the assault on our economy, by spending money in places where individuals did, once, and making
it an institution, which is one we will never be able to afford. Government subsidies in almost everything don't

It starts with progressive thinkers and gradually works it's way into all facets of life. The gay thing has been
around for several decades, now, just like all the other bad actors in our country. There is an assault on
religion, just like the assault on capitalism, the climate, the education of our children, the making of slaves
with welfare, the devaluation of our currency, the... add your own example here.

Why are we allowing ourselves to be co-opted by the enemy, who wants the destruction of our country? You
know it, just like I.

I believe — in your frustration for the ways in which certain aspects of life as you once knew it appear to be changing — you are unjustly generalizing and clumping far too many people into one large group that you consider the enemy. I don't believe issue "A" necessarily always effects issue "B", and I certainly don't believe we all need to agree on every issue in order to be on the same team. Tunnel vision can be just as destructive as nearsightedness, if not more so. This whole generalized us versus them mentality has not only gotten way out of hand, but it's also forced a lot of them to leave us.

In the grand scheme of things, the gay issue couldn't be a bigger non-issue, in my opinion. The religious-right's staunch contempt for how two adult of the same sex choose to live their personal lives has forced otherwise right-leaning Republicans to become left-leaning Democrats. I know of at least a couple perfect example of this. Other than the whole being gay thing, they conduct their lives in much of the same ways as a stereotypical right-leaning Republican, but they feel forced to vote for Democrats so they can preserve the happiness of being in a same-sex relationship.

The gay issue is one battle the Right refuses to admit they've lost. No matter how much you despise it, there is no turning back. The Right is outnumbered by the Left on this issue, and will soon be outnumbered by its own in the not-so-distant-future. You can suck it up and move on, or you can spend your last precious days on Earth dwelling on what could have or should have been. There are far bigger fish to fry. In the art of war, do we rarely always agree with those who's got our back. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 2

How about this - we just stop celebrating everyone's sexual proclivities. As long as the adults aren't molesting the kids lets just stop talking about it so much. Whatever happened to basic decency wen people wouldn't dare talk about their sexual relations in public? Jeez

Dang , that's a big word , but I like it. +1

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proclivity

I thought good word when I read this too. I agree with most in that we should all keep our bedrooms private.

I can tell you where I draw the line...I draw the line when someone with a different belief system than I have tells me I must believe the way they do.

If that's the case, then you should have a real problem with the gay lobby, who is infiltrating every aspect of society and demanding that everyone accept them and approve of their behavior, regardless of the beliefs of those they demand acceptance from, and many times labeling those beliefs as bigoted and intolerant, even going so far as to demonize and vilify anyone who doesn't accept their lifestyle. Seems like a glaring double standard to me.

Why is it ok for gays to force what they believe down my throat, but not ok for Christians to speak what they believe to be the truth?

I can tell you where I draw the line...I draw the line when someone with a different belief system than I have tells me I must believe the way they do.

If that's the case, then you should have a real problem with the gay lobby, who is infiltrating every aspect of society and demanding that everyone accept them and approve of their behavior, regardless of the beliefs of those they demand acceptance from, and many times labeling those beliefs as bigoted and intolerant, even going so far as to demonize and vilify anyone who doesn't accept their lifestyle. Seems like a glaring double standard to me.

Why is it ok for gays to force what they believe down my throat, but not ok for Christians to speak what they believe to be the truth?

The religious are doing the very same thing, and has been for a much longer time. Like the gays, they don't like it when they lose a battle.
Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

The religious are doing the very same thing, and has been for a much longer time. Like the gays, they don't like it when they lose a battle.

Di you expect the "religious" to merely roll over and take it up the derrière, so to speak? Edited by daddyo

know it, just like I.

I won't disagree as I do understand that this entire situation had nothing to do with gays or religion.  This was a political attack by the left against mainstream/traditional America, and I believe the BSA made an enormous mistake in caving to the political pressure and changing its stance.  Those that engaged in the attack on the BSA, well..., I cannot put into words the contempt I have for these people.

Back to the original point I was trying to make.  Right and left leaning social groups (busybodies) have for years used the power of the media and government, legislative and judicial, to force their agenda or viewpoint upon others.  What they have unknowingly done is open Pandora's box, which is government involvement.  Now, we are engaged in this perpetual culture war, and the biggest losers will be traditional Americans like me who want nothing more than to be left alone.

The only way I can see out of these situations is to shrink the government.  As I stated earlier, we just have too many people in this country who somehow think they are special, and want to stick their nose into other's people business and try to conform people into their way of thinking.  Unfortunately, this will never change, so the only way to combat these people is by shrinking the government to the point that it will not be able to engage in such matters, which will render the busybodies powerless.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

The churches aren't trying to force laws on everyone like the gay lobby is. You still don't have to go to church, do you?

Show some apples to apples evidence of this, please.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 6.8 AR

I won't disagree as I do understand that this entire situation had nothing to do with gays or religion.  This was a political attack by the left against mainstream/traditional America, and I believe the BSA made an enormous mistake in caving to the political pressure and changing its stance.  Those that engaged in the attack on the BSA, well..., I cannot put into words the contempt I have for these people.

Back to the original point I was trying to make.  Right and left leaning social groups (busybodies) have for years used the power of the media and government, legislative and judicial, to force their agenda or viewpoint upon others.  What they have unknowingly done is open Pandora's box, which is government involvement.  Now, we are engaged in this perpetual culture war, and the biggest losers will be traditional Americans like me who want nothing more than to be left alone.

The only way I can see out of these situations is to shrink the government.  As I stated earlier, we just have too many people in this country who somehow think they are special, and want to stick their nose into other's people business and try to conform people into their way of thinking.  Unfortunately, this will never change, so the only way to combat these people is by shrinking the government to the point that it will not be able to engage in such matters, which will render the busybodies powerless.

Got to agree with you, Mav. A large government, ever-reaching and all knowing how to manage us is a large

problem.