Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

I predict George Zimmerman will be found not guilty.

Trayvon's parents, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and similar hangers-on will blame it all on race that the "white hispanic" was able to kill a sweet little black kid and then all those on welfare and food stamps (and a lot of free time) in LA, and Chicago and NYC and New Orleans and major cities in FL will take to the streets and burn down their own neighborhoods to show their support for Trayvon.

More militant "black leaders" will call for all out war on "whitey" (from the comfort of the gated communities they live in of course).

Obama will want to have a beer summit with Travyon's parents.

AG Holder (or his replacement if he's been indited or removed from office before the verdict) will seek to charge Zimmerman with violating Trayvon's "civil rights".

Five years from now it might all be over.

• Like 2

That and the fact that I didn't want to postpone my trip. It don't matter, I may go fishing instead of marching with my sign. I may just watch the movie when it comes out! I really don't want to be around the "torch carrying lynch mob" when the verdict is read!

Dave S

Would it be out of line for me to ask why your interest in this case is strong enough that you're willing to plan a trip to Florida specifically for this trial?

I donated money when this case first opened. I, in my own opinion want to see justice done. I do not care if the justice is Zman or TM. I paid into the Justice for Trayvon fund, and have received my sign to carry. Will I? Probably not, but I had a fishing trip and pig hunt set up for that time frame and was going to make good use of the trip. All I can tell you is, is that this boy is going to be as far away from Sanford Florida as I can get when the verdict is read.  All I want out of this is to hear the judge or jury tell Zman he should have stayed in his truck! Pursuing, following, tracking, spotting, birddogging confronting or anything else anyone comes up with does not fall under "stand your ground". I've said that from day one!

And for personal reasons...

There you have it buddy!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

So Dave, just out of curiosity why are you emotionally invested in this case enough to make a trip to Florida for it.  If you do not feel like sharing please feel free to ignore my question.  Im not trying to be rude or anything just curious. 

I'm emotionally invested in this case because deep down in my heart I feel and believe that a kid breaking no laws while walking back from the store, lost his life at the hand of a wannabe something  cop. Although both have questionable backgrounds, I think there is a fly in the ointment here. Look at the back of Zimmerman's head. Many years of training and experience doesn't tell me the same story that Zman contends. Study it real close and tell me what you see? Better yet, I'll make it easy..tell me what you "don't see".

I have my own theory on what I "think happened" based on evidence available to us.

Dave S

Guest nra37922

The day comes that I cannot walk in my neighborhood and watch, record, report, follow any suspicious activity will be a COLD day in Hell.  Should Z have stayed in his truck, why should he have to?  Way too many folks stick their heads in the sand and let shit happen.

As I posted earlier, the racial chip on the shoulder attitude, is what got TM killed.  Maybe he felt that he was being profiled based on his color and instead of walking away and going home decided to pick a fight.  Sorry that he is dead but not shedding any tears either. 

The day comes that I cannot walk in my neighborhood and watch, record, report, follow any suspicious activity will be a COLD day in Hell.  Should Z have stayed in his truck, why should he have to?  Way too many folks stick their heads in the sand and let #### happen.

As I posted earlier, the racial chip on the shoulder attitude, is what got TM killed.  Maybe he felt that he was being profiled based on his color and instead of walking away and going home decided to pick a fight.  Sorry that he is dead but not shedding any tears either. 

On what bases do you contend he had a "racial chip" on his shoulder? Did he say something?

Dave S

let #### happen

#### happened this time huh? Dude can't even step outside without his $7,000.00 a week body guard. Because #### happened, he'll never live a normal life ever again!

But yeah....#### happens!

Dave S

let #### happen

#### happened this time huh? Dude can't even step outside without his $7,000.00 a week body guard. Because #### happened, he'll never live a normal life ever again!

But yeah....#### happens!

Dave S

WTF are you going off about?

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

On what bases do you contend he had a "racial chip" on his shoulder? Did he say something?

Dave S

Based on Zimmerman's account only, that seems to be plausible. Actually the only reasonable account from

anyone still living. A courtroom will possibly get it right. That's all I care about. I know you do, too.

The judge voted today to not allow info from Martin's past to be part of the trail including the trouble he got in and the texts/pictures with guns and drugs.

Let's see if the prosecution is held to the same standard or if they attempt to paint a bad picture of Zimmerman.  

• Like 1

The judge voted today to not allow info from Martin's past to be part of the trail including the trouble he got in and the texts/pictures with guns and drugs.

Let's see if the prosecution is held to the same standard or if they attempt to paint a bad picture of Zimmerman.

What about Trayvon's mother kicking him out of her house? I'd say that goes a long way with regards to the defense showing how "out of control" Trayvon was, I mean his behavior had to have been really bad for his mother, to throw her own kid out of their house.
  • Like 2
Guest nra37922

ALL, it is NOT about getting to the truth and it never has been since Al 'Not So' Sharpton and Jesse Jackass got involved.  Its a show trial to mollify the race baiters/haters and the truth be damned.  Of course TM's past is relevant to the defense and detrimental to the prosecution.  Do you think that evidence of a dope smoking, aggressive truant would have a negative impact on the jury?  If GZ is found guilty then you can take any reasonable assumption of 'self defense' as a justifiable claim and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.  That is unless you have a boatload of witnesses to the act.  There are only two people who really know what transpired, the dead young man and the guy with a broken nose and lacerations on the back of his head.  Now some are going to argue that GZ should have stayed in his vehicle, and hindsight being 20/20 maybe he should have, but that begs the question WHY should he have had to?  He chose to not cower under his covers, as many would, but to keep an eye on what was potentially a problem.  TM could have kept walking could he have not?  Where is the out cries that he could have left the area and not confronted GZ? 

That said, unless GZ is 'hung up by his heels' those who get power by stirring up the racial hatred are going to have a field day.   Damn glad I don't live in a major welfare city

Let's see if the prosecution is held to the same standard or if they attempt to paint a bad picture of Zimmerman.  

This is a big victory for the prosecution. I wonder if they'll only allow pictures of the 12-year-old Martin?

Guest RevScottie
The biggest thing in this case that has never added up to me is if TM was trying to get away why didn't he? Once GZ lost sight of him how did he come back in contact with him? Did TM circle back?

I also don't understand this attitude that GZ had no right to follow a suspicious person in his neighborhood? If you are in my neighborhood, in the dark, in the rain, stopping in front of different properties I'm certainly going to want to know what you are up to.
Guest 6.8 AR

The biggest thing in this case that has never added up to me is if TM was trying to get away why didn't he? Once GZ lost sight of him how did he come back in contact with him? Did TM circle back?

I also don't understand this attitude that GZ had no right to follow a suspicious person in his neighborhood? If you are in my neighborhood, in the dark, in the rain, stopping in front of different properties I'm certainly going to want to know what you are up to.

Puzzling, isn't it?

This entire thing really makes no sense and I have a hard time understanding those who believe GZ is guilty. I'm sure there is evidence we don't know about but it's honestly a lot less complicated than we are making it.

Let's go over the facts.

1) GZ is not really Caucasian so the racism argument is pretty weak at best.

2) GZ was the neighborhood watch captain, an organization that most police departments encourage. This neighborhood has had problems in the past and we later learned that GZ was encouraged by a police officer to get a CCW permit after he and his wife were cornered by an aggressive dog.

3) From all indications, GZ started to follow TM but then lost sight of him and was returning to his vehicle. This is not a crime. At some point an altercation occurred but we are not 100% clear of the details. Keep in mind, just because someone is following you does not mean you can attack them.

4) GZ had moderate wounds to his face and head indicative of being attacked. TM had no such wounds other than the fatal gunshot.

5) A witness saw what is believed to be TM on top of GM. 

6) Audio recordings captured someone yelling for help. When TM's father first heard the video he swore it was not the voice of his son, then changed his story claiming it was.

7) TM was not the saint that the media portrayed him as, GM was no saint either according to some accounts.

8) The local authorities didn't want to charge GZ. It was only after the publicity from the media that he was charged.

It really boils down to those few seconds leading up to the shooting. If the jury believes that Trayvon was within his rights to attack Zimmerman for following him then he will be found guilty. If evidence shows that GZ was returning to his vehicle to leave when TM confronted and attacked him then Zimmerman will walk. Again, perhaps there will be new evidence that changes everything.

And finally the most important piece, the prosecution is going to have to prove that Zimmerman MURDERED Trayvon which I just don't see happening.

It will be an interesting trail.

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

Cannot wait for the screaming mobs with the 12 yr TM's photo plastered all over signs.  'NO Justice for TM' BS lets loot a Wal-Mart.  Nothing says justice like stealing a 52" TV set and a case of beer..

Dear brother and sister opiners; i feel i have lost my "implacable calm" in this issue. I simply cant stand this anymore.  I have a burning need to speak to what i think this case is really about.   Brothers and sisters; this case aint about the possibly wrongful and tragic shooting of a teenager; it's about political opportunism of the worst kind in about a 50/50 carpetbagger/"delightful rustic" state that is of great importance to both political parties. 

To my fellow posters who will be agast and "outraged" at this callous statement; please know that im ok with that.  This is a place of opinions and discussion; that means that some aint gonna like the opinions posted; especially this one.  Havin said that, this is my "Trayvon-George" manifesto and my mind's made up.  For once, i aint gonna argue about it.  I'm like Pilate; ive called for the "wash bowl".  I find no fault in zimmerman and think that if trayvon would have minded his own business he would be alive today to continue his thuggish ways.  The big lesson for everybody is that if everybody had have minded their business and acted sensibly, this tragedy, now marketed as a political opportunity would have never happened. 

Erck did a good job with the objective facts of this case.  I'm gonna talk about the political implications of this case.

I contend that the extremely white politico carpetbaggers (...and some good ole boy opportunists...) from both up north and down south, both democrat and republican, could care less about "justice for trayvon", george zimmerman, the people of the state of florida, or anyone else in this case.  They care about walking a political titerope between about a 50/50 democrat/republican population and veer on the side that needs "reassuring" to make sure they save their stinkin hides; and thus keeping their stinkin jobs in tact.  They like bein in power, and they like it well enough to use the powers of their positions in unjust ways to keep themselves in power.  They are bold enough to take the chance of using the courts and their position(s) in unjust, even criminal, ways to perpetrate this disgraceful travesty of justice.  They are doin it now, i think, because they know that the chances of federal prosecution for any misdeeds by the judiciary or the prosecutors in this case will never be brought.  It's all about politics, nothing else. Politics in the state of florida first, and red meat for the blue states and "low information children" on a national level next.

This thing aint about justice for all; its about buying votes and support in upcomming elections.   The fall out, of course, is the murdering of the rule of law and justice.  That's what the governor has done and exactly what the prosecuting attorney and judge(s) are doing.  This territory of florida is polarized black and white with the "innocent"/"guilty" thing split right down party lines; and the political class knows it.  As i remember, the black/white population ratio in samford is about 25/75 with a 15/85 ratio in the county; but the general population of florida (...political...) is in the 50/50 range.  That's why the elections are so hot in florida.  Both parties have to go after votes on both sides of the political spectrum; and that's exactly what is goin on here. 

The sad fact of this case is that one 18 year old aint gonna get any older and one little guy tryin to take care of his neighborhood have had their lives ended, or changed for the worst.  The people of florida will become more cynical than the already are due the twisting of the law and the use of courts to satisfy political purposes, the citizens of this community (...and others...) will retreat further behind their security fences and be even more afraid of their neighbors they dont know, the "tribalism" this whole dammed thing brings out in people will become stronger, and the rule of law and ethics in elected officials will become less (...if that's possible...).   In the end, nobody is gonna win no matter what happens, and there will damn sure be no justice for anybody in this sorry case.   The political class, in their stinkin lust for votes and pantering to the "low information children" has seen to it.

That's how i see this whole sad, sorry, disgraceful spectacle.  It aint about justice, its about tribal warfare and political calculations.

leroy

• Like 5