Mosins at Gander Mountain Knoxville

Was in Gander Mountain in Knoxville on Friday, 6/7, and saw that they got in a bunch of Mosins...must have had about 30 - 40 of them on the racks.  $179 each.  I didn't have time to check them out but they looked pretty nice.  First time i've ever seen them stock a quantity of milsurps.

Edited by i1afli

The days of getting a Mosin or a AK in your box of Cap'n Crunch are gone. Even if you have a C&R and have AIM mail one to your house, the best you can do is $120. If you don't have a C&R, then your looking at a wad more to a FFL. I would gladly pay more to put my hands on one and look down the barrel than take a chance at a crap shoot on mail order even if they pick a best of 5 for you. It's worth that to me for a rifle I am going to keep.

Maybe you can get nice ones through mail order too, but even with millions of those made, they good ones will be gone some day.

Edited by bikertrash2001
  • Like 2

The days of getting a Mosin or a AK in your box of Cap'n Crunch are gone. Even if you have a C&R and have AIM mail one to your house, the best you can do is $120. If you don't have a C&R, then your looking at a wad more to a FFL. I would gladly pay more to put my hands on one and look down the barrel than take a chance at a crap shoot on mail order even if they pick a best of 5 for you. It's worth that to me for a rifle I am going to keep.
Maybe you can get nice ones through mail order too, but even with millions of those made, they good ones will be gone some day.

The cheap days of the $100 mosin are over, but $200+ OTD is crazy, even for now.
If you already have Mosins for which you paid only $99, or less, then it may be hard to justify paying $179, but for those of us looking to buy our first Mosin I'm not sure that prices will ever be much lower. Plus you get to handpick from many.
  • Like 1

If you already have Mosins for which you paid only $99, or less, then it may be hard to justify paying $179, but for those of us looking to buy our first Mosin I'm not sure that prices will ever be much lower. Plus you get to handpick from many.

I've never paid less than $100 for any of my mosins I currently own or have owned. I still can't justify paying that for them. Wait until Black Friday. Dicks and gander will have 91/30s for $150 or less I am sure.

Dicks still sell guns, just not at the one in West Knoxville.  They stopped that a couple of years ago.

Yeah, and i haven't been back since.  And they don't have nearly the cars in the parking lot that they used to have, especially since Academy opened. 

• Like 1

Haha. Forget that. $179 is outrageous. I bet they still had the enfield for $800 on the rack too lol.

First off let me say I am honestly not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to get educated on Mosins. Just started looking at them and I admit I don't know much. The OP said GM has them for $179 and you say that is outrageous. Yet, you are selling one for $220. Is yours different than the ones they have? If so,how? What are the "ones" to look for? Like I said, just trying to learn. So please don't take the question the wrong way. Thanks for any info.

What he said^
The m44 I have is sellin for $259 at SOG international currently.
The m38s have dried up for the most part, and I would say they would draw a premium compared to the mosin m44. I have a few of each, but I bought a metric butt ton of type 53 carbines. They are my favorite! I got some of them as cheap as $99 before shipping! I highly recommend them. Edited by austin7.62
  • Like 1
Guest PapaB

Also, the sniper version 91/30 sells at a higher price than the standard.

Search 'mosin' in this forum and you'll find a wealth of knowlege on the subject.

Edited by PapaB

I have a few of each, but I bought a metric butt ton of type 53 carbines. They are my favorite! I got some of them as cheap as $99 before shipping! I highly recommend them.

I freakin LOVE those rifles too. Even at $99 on SOG or Bud's, they wind up being $125-130 shipped to my house. I know that isn't much cheaper than a 91/30, but the T-53 is a lot more fun to play with.
  • Like 1
Guest PapaB

Here's a breakdown of current prices for a basic round receiver 91/30 if anyone's interested:

Aim Surplus  $119.95

SOG $149.95

Classic Arms  $139.99

Bud's $149.99

J&G Sales $149.95

Note, AIM only includes the bayonet, Classic includes bayonet, sling, oiler, pouch etc.

Garufa, do these places have similar shipping costs?

Garafu, thanks for the pricing info., that confirms to me that there is not a lot to be saved by shopping elsewhere, and thanks to others for info as well. The GM Mosins include an accessory pack that appears to include at least a bayo and oiler. I'm going to get a closer look today.

Can I ask, what's the deal with the Mosins? It's like everyone here is ranting and raving over them?

My personal deal is you can get a piece of WWII history at a great price IMHO. They are about as bullet-proof as a bolt action rifle comes and surplus ammo is relatively cheap at the moment.

Since I can't afford a Garand or a 1903 at the moment, I'll take one of these.