Rahm Emanuel Pushing New Gun-Free Zones Throughout Chicago

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Is this a way for governments to work around the will of the people since concealed carry passed?

On June 26, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is introducing an ordinance that implements stiff fines for the possession of guns in "school safety zones." These are zones that students travel through on their way to school.

According to the Chicago-Sun Times, the penalties would be structured so that a first offense would lead to a fine of $1,000 to $5,000 and a mandatory 30 days in jail; a second offense would be $5,000 to $15,0000 and a mandatory three months in jail; a third offense would be $10,000 to $20,000 and "a mandatory six-month jail term."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/26/Rahm-Emanuel-Pushing-For-New-Gun-Free-Zones-Throughout-Chicago

Guest ThePunisher
Looks like they're hell bent on taking every last liberty and freedom that we have in this country. This country can't last much longer at this accelerated rate of Constitutional trampling. There is no rhyme or reason for all this freedom grabbing by these politicians these last few years, unless there has to be a fulfillment for a New World Order. Their is no sanity or common sense being displayed by any political leader in this country or elsewhere in the world. Edited by ThePunisher
Guest Hound

I thought all of Chicago already was a "Gun free zone".   And that if you were caught with one not only were you immediatly jailed but you were forced to be lectured by one of the cities many liberal anti gun nut jobs for 48 hours straight.  And then through the remainder of your jail time forced to watch lifetime original movies, tv shows off of oxygen (women's tv), and CNN.  If you were not indoctrinated by the end of it and refused to register as a democrat your jail time would start over again.

I thought all of Chicago already was a "Gun free zone".   And that if you were caught with one not only were you immediatly jailed but you were forced to be lectured by one of the cities many liberal anti gun nut jobs for 48 hours straight.  And then through the remainder of your jail time forced to watch lifetime original movies, tv shows off of oxygen (women's tv), and CNN.  If you were not indoctrinated by the end of it and refused to register as a democrat your jail time would start over again.

You have to be dead to register as a democrat in Chicago. I know because my folks were Illinois republicans and the only time they voted democrat was after they died.

Edited by crossfire

I'm ok with whatever the Rahm Man wants to do in Chicago.  Just keep it in Chicago.  As a buddy of my 24 year old is fond of sayin: "...If you like that, just keep on likin it.  Get as much of it as ya can stand....".  I simply dont care what they do up there.  I care about what we do down here.  They've asked for a leader like Rahm; let 'em live with him.

leroy

• Like 1

I'm okay with it...Detroit, Chicago, LA are the poster children of what happens when democrats are in control and can do any damn stupid thing they want to do (Memphis is pretty much on the same course but there are still just enough sane people in Memphis to keep it somewhat balanced).

I'm ok with whatever the Rahm Man wants to do in Chicago.  Just keep it in Chicago.  As a buddy of my 24 year old is fond of sayin: "...If you like that, just keep on likin it.  Get as much of it as ya can stand....".  I simply dont care what they do up there.  I care about what we do down here.  They've asked for a leader like Rahm; let 'em live with him.

leroy

Liberals like those in Chicago, New York & California aren't content to remove the rights of their citizens, they want to rule the remainder of the Country.

• Like 1
Guest Hound

You have to be dead to register as a democrat in Chicago. I know because my because my folks were Illinois republicans and the only time they voted democrat was after they died.

thats highly unfortunate if true.  Did you seek legal action?  

I'm okay with it...Detroit, Chicago, LA are the poster children of what happens when democrats are in control and can do any damn stupid thing they want to do (Memphis is pretty much on the same course but there are still just enough sane people in Memphis to keep it somewhat balanced).

Well, at least you can carry heat in Detroit and Memphis. Matter of fact, have seen where some folks have been accused of "perp trolling" in Motor City, ala Death Wish style. Perhaps will turn into our version of going on safari. :)

- OS

• Like 2

Well, at least you can carry heat in Detroit and Memphis. Matter of fact, have seen where some folks have been accused of "perp trolling" in Motor City, ala Death Wish style. Perhaps will turn into our version of going on safari. :)

- OS

Humm...that could turn into Detroit's salvation; start charging folks to come to Detroit and go on a perp-hunt. ROTFLMAO

- OS

I can't imagine any sort of sane person voluntarily doing a safari of sorts like that, lawfully carrying a firearm doesn't guarantee a person's safety, it just levels the playing field a little.

I can't imagine any sort of sane person voluntarily doing a safari of sorts like that, lawfully carrying a firearm doesn't guarantee a person's safety, it just levels the playing field a little.

That was the allure of true safari hunting back in the day -- that the prey had a decent chance of winning.

- OS

thats highly unfortunate if true.  Did you seek legal action?  

Taking legal action against the Democrats in Chicago is like beating your head against a brick wall...........because if feels so good when you stop. :wall:

leroy

That's the way most of the people in Illinois thought in the 60's-70's & 80's. Now Chicago politics run the whole state. Don't think for a minute that it can't happen in Tennessee. What do you think happened to Colorado? It's all the nuts that moved there from the peoples republic of California that spread the cancer. Now most of the people in rural Colorado are scratching their heads trying to figure what the hell just happened to their gun rights. Same goes for the people of up state New York. 

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

That's the way most of the people in Illinois thought in the 60's-70's & 80's. Now Chicago politics run the whole state. Don't think for a minute that it can't happen in Tennessee. 

Chicago politics run the WH.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

exactly what I was thinking,
we have our HCP but what if signs like these start popping up all over town.
no matter which way you turn, even with a permit, you can get busted for carrying

That's the way most of the people in Illinois thought in the 60's-70's & 80's. Now Chicago politics run the whole state. Don't think for a minute that it can't happen in Tennessee. What do you think happened to Colorado? It's all the nuts that moved there from the peoples republic of California that spread the cancer. Now most of the people in rural Colorado are scratching their heads trying to figure what the hell just happened to their gun rights. Same goes for the people of up state New York. 

Guest nra37922

If im not mistaken, there are two recall elections on the way this fall in Colorado over the reps gun rights votes. How many recall elections have there been in Illinois?

None, as their politicians end up in jail first

If im not mistaken, there are two recall elections on the way this fall in Colorado over the reps gun rights votes. How many recall elections have there been in Illinois?

None, as their politicians end up in jail first

Exactly, remove one ass-clown and they get replaced with a bigger ass-clown. Gun rights started going down hill in Illinois when JFK got shot (gun was bought in Chicago by mail order). No more direct mail order of guns. Next, no hand gun sales in Chicago ( Cook County) because of the gangs, this doesn't stop the killing, but now you can blame it on the surrounding county's for selling guns. Next you needed a FOI card (firearms owners id) to buy a gun or ammo in Illinois, just a scam to get a few extra $ for the state and make it harder for legal gun owners. Next they let each city make up their own rules banning guns and magazines. Most flew in under the radar, passed by city counsels as a knee jerk reaction to gang crime. No one cared, the State Government in Springfield and down state was Republican. The Dems just had Chicago, no big deal! let them do what ever they wanted up there. The Chicago cancer spread to the west, north, and south as the population moved out of the city and into the rural areas now they have the numbers and control the state government in Springfield. And out of The Peoples Republic of Illinois came the greatest Ass-Clown of all, Obama! :wall: