a bit of brass organization

The brass monster was slowly surrounding me and getting out of control. I found this shelf with bins a while back and finally got a chance to set it up. I also took advantage of all the rain and cool temps the last few days to clean the heck out of all my brass.

I still have some crimps to swage and some 223 that needs trimming but at least everything is put away and labeled as to what stage of prep it is in.

Now I need to free up some time and start using that brass up...

151193785.jpg

151194041.jpg

151194076.jpg

151193777.jpg

The buckets aren't as pretty as the shelf but they hold a ton of brass and they were free. I might buy another shelf later this fall. Best would be to get all that lovely brass loaded and free up the bins for whatever is left...

Mark

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a lot of brass, and you got it sorted and arranged good.

Well, the bad news is the reason I have so much empty brass is I just haven't had much time to shoot the last 6 months. It's a real drag...

Man, how many cats do you have? :)
Seriously though, nice setup. I use labeled coffee cans for my brass which seems to work fine but your system is much more detailed.

No cats. Not really a cat guy but I have several friends that have them and free range brass buckets with handles are always good.

I've been scratching my head on the same problem. I don't have as much as you, but it's still a lot. My gun room is a disaster.

Brother, there is a reason you can only see one tiny part of the overall room... The only spec of calm in a sea of chaos.

Mark
Kitty litter buckets are great aren't they? I use the heckuva of em. They stack so well.

Nice set up there. My reloading shop is a dump. I've tried multiple times to organize but I gave up. Besides, I get more out than I can shoot so I must be somewhat productive. AND, don't you love the elation from pulling out a box and saying HOLY £][IT! I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD ANY OF THESE LEFT !!!

I'm just low on prepared ammo due to zero time over the last few months. If both the wife and I take a class the same weekend we can really burn through some brass (if the class allows reloaded ammo)

A lot of schools require factory ammo so when we both shoot a 3 day class we accumulate a lot of brass. So the 9 & 223 are just a bit more than we can use up pretty quickly. I am a little better stocked than I originally thought on 40 & 357 sig though. As Caster mentioned I had several WOW moments as I dug it all from all the nooks and crannies it was hiding in. It took me a long time to get it all cleaned up.

I still have a fair amount of trimming and swaging to go on about 1/2 of the 223 brass. If only work didn't keep getting in the way of shooting...

Mark

Man, all Ive got is three clear mayo jars for 9, 40, and 45. I guess yall shoot a lot more at a time than I do. My range outtings consist of 50 up to 200 rounds when Im comfy in powder, bullets, and primers.

I don't wanna sound like a snob or one of them guys who brags "hey look what I got!" But I've found it just ain't worth loading anything unless you have at least 250-500 pcs of brass to work. Unless of course you're in the load development stages. The ill go 20-50. I prefer to cry now as opposed to cry later. I try to load "proven loads" in let's of 500-1000 if at all possible. It's tiresome in the moment but sure frees up my time later.

I'm just low on prepared ammo due to zero time over the last few months. If both the wife and I take a class the same weekend we can really burn through some brass (if the class allows reloaded ammo)

A lot of schools require factory ammo so when we both shoot a 3 day class we accumulate a lot of brass. So the 9 & 223 are just a bit more than we can use up pretty quickly. I am a little better stocked than I originally thought on 40 & 357 sig though. As Caster mentioned I had several WOW moments as I dug it all from all the nooks and crannies it was hiding in. It took me a long time to get it all cleaned up.

I still have a fair amount of trimming and swaging to go on about 1/2 of the 223 brass. If only work didn't keep getting in the way of shooting...

Mark

Yeah, I had me one of them wow moments earlier this year.
For the longest time, I loaded 9mm like the world was about to end, the dead had starting walking and the skies were falling. Well, I got on a high horse once and took me twenty (50) round factory boxes, painted them and then loaded 1K rounds of Win brass, all trimmed, meticulously monitored powder charges and I weight matched the cast boolits to +/- .5g which is much closer than a 9mm Glock ever needs to be. I made little labels for the boxes and managed to get them all in a fifty caliber ammo can. My Redneck match grade ammo.
The load was one that shoots extremely well in my G19 but every time I'd go to get a box to carry to the range, I'd say to myself "Nah, I'll shot this other first". Well, time passes and I forgot about it. It got pushed to the back corner of the shop. I was ATTEMPTING to straighten things up one weekend. Some cold Strohs and some good tunes you know. I say to myself, what the heck is this can here? Woot! Jackpot! Funny, I still ain't shot it. Lol!!!

Hey 173, what kind of containers are those up on the shelves? And where might one find them?

Those are Berry's Manufacturing 30 cal cans in clear.

I have 199 in stock if you need some. just PM me. I think I have about 50-60 in black also in stock.