GunSafe at Gander Mtn Fail

I need a gun safe and from researching, Liberty seems to be about the best of the lower cost safes.
I live in Athens and the closest place to buy Liberty seemed to be Gander so off we went on Sat. Prepared to spend $2,000 or more on a safe.
Gander was clueless and couldn't answer any of my questions inteligently, included the so-called safe guy and management. I finally informed them they didn't know anything about the products they sell and left the store.

Ay recommendations on safes in East Tennessee? Where to buy? What to buy?

Benton shooters is close to me. They sell Heritage safes, but I don't really know much about Heritage.
Most people seem to think benton is overpriced as well.
Guest sL1k
Randys pawn shop in Trenton ga is a liberty safe dealer and from what I have heard they are very knowledgeable on them. They have a scratch and dent sale every now and then.

If you want the biggest selection of Liberty safes drive over to The Safe House in Nashville, we will make the trip worth while.  We carry 8 different brands and have over 300 safes in stock.  If you have $2000 to spend I will assure you that we have a safe to fit you needs , probably for less money.

MB

The Safe House

• Like 2

If you want the biggest selection of Liberty safes drive over to The Safe House in Nashville, we will make the trip worth while.  We carry 8 different brands and have over 300 safes in stock.  If you have $2000 to spend I will assure you that we have a safe to fit you needs , probably for less money.

MB

The Safe House

I can vouch for ^...  Bought mine from them and completely happy with the education, price and delivery.

The only negative thing was the long drive, but it was well worth it. They take the time to educate you on safes and your needs.

As most safe owners will tell you, rule #1, get a bigger safe than you think you will ever need. It fill up fast with all those things you discover are valuable and can't be lost.

Good Luck!

I think I will check into both places, Randy's and safe house, and see what they can do. I can take a trailer and get friends to help move into place if it will save some coin

Thanks for advice

Be careful, my little Fat Boy weighs 880 pounds empty and many other safes are well over 1,000 pounds.

Did you consider stairs, weight limitations or door jams? I had to remove a couple door jams for my safe to fit into my basement. Measure before you buy.

Also, don't forget your desiccant and heater rod to make sure the inside of your safe has low humidity levels.

Edited by Dennis1209

When I got my 1st safe I just had Robby Farnsworth order me what he used in the shop. It's American Security I think and it's pretty big. When I wanted one for upstairs so I didn't have to wag stuff down stairs every time we all left the house I got one at Gander. 

Did you look at Durham's there in Athens? I only been in there once but I think they had safes, but don't hold me to it. 

Yes, dunhams has a few safes. Wasn't to sure about them and wanted to be sure it was a good one. Most seem to say go ahead spend a little more and get a liberty. I'm sure there are other decent quality safes, I'm just not sure which ones they are. Wanted to go ahead with liberty and was ready to buy. After an hour at gander talking in circles with those bozos I got frustrated and left. I think gander has gotten to big to truly be effective at some things. Certainly seem to have trouble getting knowledgable staff on some subjects.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I need a gun safe and from researching, Liberty seems to be about the best of the lower cost safes.

I live in Athens and the closest place to buy Liberty seemed to be Gander so off we went on Sat. Prepared to spend $2,000 or more on a safe.

Gander was clueless and couldn't answer any of my questions inteligently, included the so-called safe guy and management. I finally informed them they didn't know anything about the products they sell and left the store.

Ay recommendations on safes in East Tennessee? Where to buy? What to buy?

Benton shooters is close to me. They sell Heritage safes, but I don't really know much about Heritage.

Most people seem to think benton is overpriced as well.

Yup,

Champion safe company in knoxville tn.

http://www.championsafe.com/

Dont know about the lowes there in athens as I havent been in a while but the lowes in crossville sells liberty safes.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

The Safe House has a 72 x 42 x 26 sized gun safe that has a 75 minute fire rating and 11 gauge body for $1899.00

dont yall have a knoxville location opening in about a month?  Id wait, or drive to Nashville, their selection is unbeatable, from the shopping Ive done

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one that would buy online to save $$$? (no tax plus free shipping)  Also I decided too buy two medium sized safes other than one large one that I could not move or have too move walls to get it in place?  I am now moving them again for the 2nd time. I am happy that I have too move one 600 pound safe and one 700 pound safe rather than move a 1300 pound one.  BTW love Liberty

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I did my research online and then went shopping.  Got a good deal on a Liberty at Gander but you are right they just hire people to take a number and their guns are way over priced!  If you got to have it chances are they got it but you will pay top dollar, 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest longshot007

Cannons are good safes with a decent fire rating.  Other than the outside finish looks a lot like my Liberty, and cheaper.

Oh, and the number of guns that the company states their safe will hold....  It's a lot like a politician's promise, ain't gonna happen.

Edited by longshot007